Sponsored

Question about NOT replacing oil pump gears

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sorry quick question. Does the Oil pan need to come off to install the OPG and Sprocket? Thanks so much
Not entirely. The service manual shows you remove the front 4 bolts when removing the front cover.
Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Does it need to? No.

I will tell you what though. That one dammed 10mm bolt almost accounted for another Veteran's suicide. After 4 hours it wasn't funny anymore.
Thanks and man so sorry about that. :doh:

Not entirely. The service manual shows you remove the front 4 bolts when removing the front cover.
Thanks so much appreciate the info :cheers:

Ingot2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Sorry quick question. Does the Oil pan need to come off to install the OPG and Sprocket? Thanks so much
No. But like z06 said that one 10 mm pickup tube bolt can be a real nightmare. I took a piece of coat hanger an bent it up to hold that bolt while i turned it in with the wrench. Once a few threads were in i took it off an tightened bolt. Done in 10 mins!

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
Maybe I'm wrong here, but we will also need a special pulley to go with the damper for us 8 rib guys huh? I thought the damper would be cheaper than opening the engine, but damn this is getting expensive.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
No. But like z06 said that one 10 mm pickup tube bolt can be a real nightmare. I took a piece of coat hanger an bent it up to hold that bolt while i turned it in with the wrench. Once a few threads were in i took it off an tightened bolt. Done in 10 mins!
good to know thanks for the tip:cheers:

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Maybe I'm wrong here, but we will also need a special pulley to go with the damper for us 8 rib guys huh? I thought the damper would be cheaper than opening the engine, but damn this is getting expensive.
8 rib as in Procharger 8 rib?

I don't think anyone makes an off the shelf option for us guys that have pulleys bolted to the stock damper.

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
8 rib as in Procharger 8 rib?

I don't think anyone makes an off the shelf option for us guys that have pulleys bolted to the stock damper.
So I can't use a new damper with a stage 2 system? I'm fucked to hoping that I just don't screw anything up? I really hate how the procharger crank pulley connects to the stock damper too.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
So I can't use a new damper with a stage 2 system? I'm fucked to hoping that I just don't screw anything up? I really hate how the procharger crank pulley connects to the stock damper too.
That is correct. The PC separate pulley is made for the stock damper. I have not seen a different setup outside of that. You might get in contact with IW as they will build whatever you want but it wont be cheap.

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
That is correct. The PC separate pulley is made for the stock damper. I have not seen a different setup outside of that. You might get in contact with IW as they will build whatever you want but it wont be cheap.
For anyone interested I actually was able to find an 8 rib crank pulley for the ati damper at brute speed. It's 176 for the pulley. I'll be installing this along with the damper and ARP bolt. Hoping this all goes smoothly

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Didn't install on my car, and I'm not going to. If it breaks, I'll come back here with my broken pride and tail tucked and preach about their importance. Until that happens...

Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Didn't install on my car, and I'm not going to. If it breaks, I'll come back here with my broken pride and tail tucked and preach about their importance. Until that happens...
Oh, but I forgot to mention that I do have an ATI Superdamper with a 10 rib pulley set up. So, take my "no OPG" bravado with a grain of salt.

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
I'm doing the same, and knocking on wood. If I blow my shit, it'll get a built block, smaller pulley, e85 and more power.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
For anyone interested I actually was able to find an 8 rib crank pulley for the ati damper at brute speed. It's 176 for the pulley. I'll be installing this along with the damper and ARP bolt. Hoping this all goes smoothly
Interested in a write up from you when you do it please. Brutespeed is a great company.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Probably asked before, but do I have to remove the whipple supercharger to change the opg?

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Probably asked before, but do I have to remove the whipple supercharger to change the opg?
The physical intake/blower itself, shouldn't, but will need to remove front drive accessories and likely TB, air box and the like.

Having never done it, I'm not 100% certain, but I can't think of anything that would keep you from getting the front cover off or valve covers off.

I did my OPG/CG/Tensioners before the Whipple install.
Sponsored

Last edited: