Sponsored

OIL PUMP GEARS

Adrian5_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
are these really needed when going FI? Im installing a vortech in a few days and ive read all over that OPGs are a weakness in the coyotes. I will not be tracking the car in a while. will be my daily. ill probably be at 620-640 rwhp. have you guys done this yet when going FI? thanks
Sponsored

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
are these really needed when going FI? Im installing a vortech in a few days and ive read all over that OPGs are a weakness in the coyotes. I will not be tracking the car in a while. will be my daily. ill probably be at 620-640 rwhp. have you guys done this yet when going FI? thanks
There are so many threads on this. Not saying to search. Just saying that I have read so much, and decided not to do it. There is not enough supporting evidence at this point. I know you will hear "what's 1500 when investing thousands" to me its another 15% is what it is. Changing the harmonic balance has more evidence of it helping out that changing the OPG does. Someone with an OPG just had an engine failure. I just got so tired of reading about it. I'd say if you can do it yourself, and trust yourself with the timing and all of that, then it may be worth the 575 in parts for piece of mind. Other than that, time will tell I guess.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Already been discussed. We are beating a dead horse. If you want to gamble, then don't do them. People seem to be trying to convince themselves to not do them justifying how you drive the car. At the end of the day a boosted coyote is a ticking time bomb with the stock gears and making anything over 600rwhp. All it takes is ONE time for them to shatter and ruin your engine.

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
Already been discussed. We are beating a dead horse.
You can say that again. I actually got tired of reading about it. lol

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
There are so many threads on this. Not saying to search. Just saying that I have read so much, and decided not to do it. There is not enough supporting evidence at this point. I know you will hear "what's 1500 when investing thousands" to me its another 15% is what it is. Changing the harmonic balance has more evidence of it helping out that changing the OPG does. Someone with an OPG just had an engine failure. I just got so tired of reading about it. I'd say if you can do it yourself, and trust yourself with the timing and all of that, then it may be worth the 575 in parts for piece of mind. Other than that, time will tell I guess.

Was the failure a result of the OPG? Link?

Sponsored

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
You ain't kidding!!! People get soooo angry when they get a response of DO A SEARCH. But holyyyy christ.. howwwww many threads does there need to be on this??? Sorry OP.. but do a search. There has to be at least 25-30 threads on this. Hell, there's a thread about it literally 2 spaces below yours...

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
Spoke to addiction motorsports and a guy from hillbank. Forgot his name. Both said Dnt need it. I'm not trying to be next record holder. I just won't rev my car too high for now. Hillbank guy told me 1500 in labor. That's way to much. Don't get me wrong I want to do it but not for now. I like to gamble lol

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
^ sounds like they didn't want to do the job at that price

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
You ain't kidding!!! People get soooo angry when they get a response of DO A SEARCH. But holyyyy christ.. howwwww many threads does there need to be on this??? Sorry OP.. but do a search. There has to be at least 25-30 threads on this. Hell, there's a thread about it literally 2 spaces below yours...
LMAO thats how i felt with the 2016 owners with basic mods lol:cheers:

Doing mine at the same time as the install. Peace of mind while stepping on that gas pedal

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
its a personal preference, we do a ton of them, i always tell guys, if you have the $$ and means, not a bad idea, but we have guys running for years on the stockers, i've seen guys break some in a month.

let me know if you need a set