if you have the $$ and means, not a bad idea

we offer the tss, mmr and boundary oil pump gears
Sponsored

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6A
I upgraded the OPG, Balancer, and Crankshaft sprocket for piece of mind. Yes I didnt NEED them, but considering I plan on going over 800hp eventually, I figured safety first, just like superman.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I installed them. I look at it this way, if I am going to spend 8+ thousand dollars on a power adder why not spend a little more and have piece of mind.

I don't drag or track my car but I don't want it to blow up so I invested the money.

You can't blame yourself for doing it but you can bet your bottom dollar you'll be blaming someone (yourself) if you didn't and have a failure ;)

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
The stock ones may absolutely never ever break. But it only takes ONE failure to destroy the engine. I know there were a decent amount of failures in the 11-14's. And although I have never personally physically compared the 11-14 gears to the 15+ gears.. my understanding is that the 15+ gears have less substance to them. That is just what I have "heard" tho. And is based 0% on my own personal knowledge.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I'm not telling anyone they are wrong for going either way, but this topic is loaded with nervous tension, especially for those who go without. But here are some quotes from Dustin @Whipple AKA Whipple SC.

You don't need to keep it under 7000. We've got 30k on one of our test cars and 20k on the other, both have massive abuse, near rent a car status lol and no issues. Shelby tracks most of there cars, never an issue. We have thousands of customers running, no issues. Roush also revs to the same rpm, no issues.

I wouldn't offer something that I wouldn't run on my own car and we wouldn't offer a warranty if we felt poorly about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problem, just want you to enjoy it to the max, in fact with flight control you can go to 7800 as we did further testing and feel this is safe for racing applications. I would keep daily drivers at 7500 but if you go to the track, take it to 7800.
11-14's were more problematic, but the 15+ doesn't have an issue. Now if your going to build a race car, built motor, then it's no question a good choice but it's just not needed for daily drivers and stock engines.
We have well over 1000 of them out there running, not one failure that we are aware of. Including many race versions.

Also passed durability testing at 200+mph during the calibration phase. If it passes through the testing we put on these and it passed Roush/Ford Racing durability testing at same RPM, I'm confident that it will not be an issue for DD.

Sponsored

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
The stock ones may absolutely never ever break. But it only takes ONE failure to destroy the engine. I know there were a decent amount of failures in the 11-14's. And although I have never personally physically compared the 11-14 gears to the 15+ gears.. my understanding is that the 15+ gears have less substance to them. That is just what I have "heard" tho. And is based 0% on my own personal knowledge.
You're thinking of the timing chain sprocket. That one is supposedly smaller for 15+

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
In the end I think we are all still saying the same thing. It is not a "need" per'say... but it's certainly not a bad idea. Different vendors and different members have differing opinions. Beefcake tends to do them. As they said.. "if you have the $$ and means, not a bad idea". I think those are the perfect words for the situation. While I 100% have full faith in Whipple SC (Dustin) and the advice he gives.. he isn't going to replace my engine if I have an OPG failure. Just sayin.

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6A
In the end I think we are all still saying the same thing. It is not a "need" per'say... but it's certainly not a bad idea. Different vendors and different members have differing opinions. Beefcake tends to do them. As they said.. "if you have the $$ and means, not a bad idea". I think those are the perfect words for the situation. While I 100% have full faith in Whipple SC (Dustin) and the advice he gives.. he isn't going to replace my engine if I have an OPG failure. Just sayin.
Truth

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have major problems. My mmr oil pump gear and crankshaft sprocket came in today. I was installing it the way RBS550 did in his thread. Well when I pulled the chains off everything was fine. Changed the oil pump gear, retorqed it and reinstalled it. While I was putting the crankshaft sprocket on, the drivers side cams spun, and then the passenger side cams spun so now it's out of time and I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find out online how to put the 2015 mustang gt coyote engine timing back to where it should be. Thanks. Again sorry OP, I'm freaking out over here.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Last edited:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
If the OPG is replaced, what is next to go?
Rod bolts? Valve train? I really don't know internal to the engine. Some of these 1500rwhp glory runs get you thinking what is next. Those are on corn though.
Sponsored