Sponsored

Procharger stage 2 d1x does not fit.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
So having a P1SC-1 and wanting to upgrade to the P1X or D1, DIX - I was under the assumption it was using the same volute but just changing the internals (impeller and such). Is that not the case?
Volute and Impeller change. (along with some seals)

But again, I used a hand $3 mini hack saw to trim that 2 ribs of the fan when I did my install, and with less then 2min work made plenty of room for the blower to fit. With nice smooth cuts even without the blower installed, nobody would be the wiser that the fan was trimmed. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
r1lovin

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
On a used P1SC kit I installed the inside of the rubber discharge tube was partially melted, right where the blower outlet was. I checked my own though and no signs of it. I was surprised to see that though I didn't think even pre-intercooler temps were high enough to do that.

As others said, the volute is also different. Much thicker/larger. It almost makes the P1SC look flat lol. The impeller is different too though.

Now if anyone knows the difference between the P1X and D1X I would be curious to know.
I can get out there and measure it if you can do the same on the p1x

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

jlwilson10609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Ruby Red
So which one fits better PCtech?

The D1X or the F1A?
I’d say the F1A has less room since you can’t fit an inlet on that sucker between it and the red race valve. I also had the radiator shroud hitting, I ended up pulling the radiator as far forward as possible with steel band ties. I will try to get my car in a side by side with my buddy’s for comparison.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
F1a fits just fine with the big red valve and a little finessing to the plastic fan shroud. It’s tight, but fits perfectly.
Sponsored