Sponsored

Procharger D1X to Whipple Stage 2 Gen 4

Jolivar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Premium GT
Ordered my Whipple Stage 2 Gen 4 and can’t wait to get it on! Thanks @beefcake for the assistance!
Has anybody else sold their Procharger D1X to go Whipple? If so, any notice in pull in the higher RPM range?
The reason I’m making the switch is because I have an MT82 and felt like the D1X was lacking the low end torque for daily driving, and the Stage 2 isn’t CARB legal (I live in CA). I’m currently on E85 and the D1X feels like an airplane taking off. Will the Whipple feel the same? Looking forward to hearing similar situations from other users.

P.S. - Procharger Stage 2 D1X is about to be up for sale soon!
Sponsored

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
No exactly apple to apples but I had a 15 mt82 car procharged psc1 725 to 775whp depending on fuel.

Now I have a 19 A10 whipple stage2 car. The whipple is much more fun with the low end TQ. To be honest the procharger was a nice kit. But never really cared for the power delivery. And all the talk of get a centri not a PD/whipple it drives like stock till you get on it. Well the whipple feels like stock to till you get on it too. For me the whipple/PD is the way to go for a fun street/strip car.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Whipple pulls pretty damn hard up top for a PD blower! doesn't hit as hard down low as the tvs (ive had both) but its not a big deal.

driving a whipple E85 car is like trying to fk a hooker on crack. its one hell of a ride.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Ordered my Whipple Stage 2 Gen 4 and can’t wait to get it on! Thanks @beefcake for the assistance!
Has anybody else sold their Procharger D1X to go Whipple? If so, any notice in pull in the higher RPM range?
The reason I’m making the switch is because I have an MT82 and felt like the D1X was lacking the low end torque for daily driving, and the Stage 2 isn’t CARB legal (I live in CA). I’m currently on E85 and the D1X feels like an airplane taking off. Will the Whipple feel the same? Looking forward to hearing similar situations from other users.

P.S. - Procharger Stage 2 D1X is about to be up for sale soon!
Lmk if u want to sell the head unit outright or take my low miles p1sc plus cash.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Damn .... Stage 2 Gen 4 kit .... Nice!

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
No trades, just a straight up purchase for D1x if you sale. Let me know.

SJ-KY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Gt 350
What kind of power were you making with the D1x and how hard were you spinning it?

OP
OP

Jolivar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Premium GT
What kind of power were you making with the D1x and how hard were you spinning it?
I’m not sure how much power I’m making, never had the chance to hit a dyno. I would guess high 700s considering the spin I would get at the top of third. It still has the stock pulley it comes with, which I think is the 4.8”

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jolivar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Premium GT
No trades, just a straight up purchase for D1x if you sale. Let me know.
I’ll most likely be selling it as a stage 2 tuner kit with the race valve. I’ll let you know once it’s off.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
thx for the biz! glad we could help!!

OP
OP

Jolivar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Premium GT
I'm also interested. Will it be a complete bolt-on an go deal, or will items still need to be purchased? Tuner? PM sent
It would basically be a tuner kit with the red race valve, D1X, and an extra belt. Only thing you would need are injectors and a tune (maybe a BAP too).
Sponsored