Sponsored

Procharger stage 2 d1x does not fit.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Im not quite sure why this has not come up but this head unit does not seem to fit. First of all the mounting holes will not line up unless you cut out part of the fan shroud. Then the new plastic intake won't go on unless the radiator nipple gets trimmed very short and the filter is not attached. The filter will not go on because the unit is so far forward the filter hits the body of the car.

Im currently waiting on a mak inlet. I'm hoping because of the bend it fits into the wheel well better but at this point I'm extremely unhappy.
Sponsored

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Im not quite sure why this has not come up but this head unit does not seem to fit. First of all the mounting holes will not line up unless you cut out part of the fan shroud. Then the new plastic intake won't go on unless the radiator nipple gets trimmed very short and the filter is not attached. The filter will not go on because the unit is so far forward the filter hits the body of the car.

Im currently waiting on a mak inlet. I'm hoping because of the bend it fits into the wheel well better but at this point I'm extremely unhappy.
Can you post some pictures?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

Something is not right with your install.

OP
OP
r1lovin

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Don't see where i would have messed up. Directions are very clear, everything lined up with the bracket on the car, all the belts line up and clear right. The head unit only goes on one way to the mounting bracket. I was able to squeeze the filter on but it's all the way to the end of the intake tube, just enough to get the tube on. Ill take some pictures.

Sponsored

OP
OP
r1lovin

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
IMG_20171231_222010.jpg
[/url]
IMG_20171231_221927.jpg
[/url]
IMG_20171231_221919.jpg
[/url]
IMG_20171231_221907.jpg
[/url]
IMG_20171231_221847.jpg
[/url]
IMG_20171231_221839.jpg
[/url]
IMG_20171231_222036.jpg
[/url]

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Can you do a wider shot of the head unit? Like from the drivers side corner of the engine bay? It should just fit but yours does look tight.

OP
OP
r1lovin

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Can you do a wider shot of the head unit? Like from the drivers side corner of the engine bay? It should just fit but yours does look tight.
Front or from the firewall?

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
The x-series compressor covers are definetly taller/thicker.
A couple options to try.

#1 Loosen the upper radiator brackets on both sides and see if you can shift the radiator over towards the passenger side 1/8-1/4".

#2 Pull the elbow off the blower and either shorten it or change the angle of the mounting surface blower end. Tipping the filter end towards the back of the car. That would also give you more room at the radiator nipple. And center the tube in the opening behind the headlight.

OP
OP
r1lovin

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
The x-series compressor covers are definetly taller/thicker.
A couple options to try.

#1 Loosen the upper radiator brackets on both sides and see if you can shift the radiator over towards the passenger side 1/8-1/4".

#2 Pull the elbow off the blower and either shorten it or change the angle of the mounting surface blower end. Tipping the filter end towards the back of the car. That would also give you more room at the radiator nipple. And center the tube in the opening behind the headlight.

I might be able to cut the inlet but the one they send now is not rubber, it's hard plastic so bending is not an option. Ill definitely try shifting the radiator over a bit.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I don't know if it's the pic or not but that bracket don't look.like it's sitting straight to me.I have a d1 and the head unit can mount on the bracket in different positions,not sure if the d1x is the same.

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
I might be able to cut the inlet but the one they send now is not rubber, it's hard plastic so bending is not an option. Ill definitely try shifting the radiator over a bit.
You need to put it on a belt sander and grind/sand more off the short side radius towards the air filter. That will move the air filter end towards the firewall. also giving you more clearance by the rad. nipple. You could do it with a 4" grinder just harder to keep the surface flat that mounts on the blower.

Your more than welcome to come out to California and use my belt sander.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The mak pipe you got will fix the filter issue but it will be a tight fit but it will work:

https://ibb.co/d9xLXG

OP
OP
r1lovin

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
I don't know if it's the pic or not but that bracket don't look.like it's sitting straight to me.I have a d1 and the head unit can mount on the bracket in different positions,not sure if the d1x is the same.
It's just the pic. The bracket is def straight. Also the d1x can only mount in 1 position. It has 2 larger diameter outer holes and 4 smaller inner ones for mounting.