Sponsored

Procharger stage 2 d1x does not fit.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
If you loosen the allens on the head unit you can reclock the snail to allow for more space between the unit and the fan shroud, I found this out after I trimmed out a bit of my fan shroud as well to get the discharge pipe on.

I am not familiar with the Hard plastic Inlet/Intake pipe, but If you are waiting on the MAK power pipe I wouldnt do too much trimming until the you have the intake you plan on keeping.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates?

OP
OP
r1lovin

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Yes 2 updates. The head unit looks like it will in fact fit but i had to loosen the Allen bolts and rotate the snail (which i didn't know you could . As for the radiator nipple procharger says that's normal on p1x and d1x that they get trimmed. But if you take the upper radiator support off abd pull it forward it will make it easier to get the inlet on. No fix for the filter issue, just have to wait for the mak inlet and see.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good news!! I pick my d1x up with mak pipe inlet tomorrow.. cant wait!!!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
My P1X wouldnt fit originally. I had to unbolt the driver side radiator/fan bracket and hold it back while I installed the blower. Once it was in I let it go and put the bolts in, which just barely lined up. The small radiator nipple has to be trimmed about half as long when you install the MAK inlet also.

The X blowers are definitely very tight, my fan shroud touches the blower. I didn't have any of these problems when installing a P1SC.

Sponsored

OP
OP
r1lovin

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
My P1X wouldnt fit originally. I had to unbolt the driver side radiator/fan bracket and hold it back while I installed the blower. Once it was in I let it go and put the bolts in, which just barely lined up. The small radiator nipple has to be trimmed about half as long when you install the MAK inlet also.

The X blowers are definitely very tight, my fan shroud touches the blower. I didn't have any of these problems when installing a P1SC.
The other problem with the blower touching the fan is i didn't want it to melt and i didn't like the angle of the intercooler pipe. It's a much straighter shot now that it's been moved.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
The other problem with the blower touching the fan is i didn't want it to melt and i didn't like the angle of the intercooler pipe. It's a much straighter shot now that it's been moved.
True. I didn't think about that. I'll have to check mine to see if it's melted lol.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
True. I didn't think about that. I'll have to check mine to see if it's melted lol.
Nothing gets hot enough to melt anything...

I do believe they are making new radiator brackets for "x" installs to bring the radiators in closer. However I have done about (5) installs in my garage with them, and always just take like 2min and trim the fan just a tiny bit and they have all cleared then. (tight, but they fit)

Obviously, the Stage 2 is closer due to the 8 rib belt. The HO's fit with ease and don't require any trimming.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).

I do believe they are making new radiator brackets for "x" installs to bring the radiators in closer. However I have done about (5) installs in my garage with them, and always just take like 2min and trim the fan just a tiny bit and they have all cleared then. (tight, but they fit)

Obviously, the Stage 2 is closer due to the 8 rib belt. The HO's fit with ease and don't require any trimming.
So having a P1SC-1 and wanting to upgrade to the P1X or D1, DIX - I was under the assumption it was using the same volute but just changing the internals (impeller and such). Is that not the case?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
So having a P1SC-1 and wanting to upgrade to the P1X or D1, DIX - I was under the assumption it was using the same volute but just changing the internals (impeller and such). Is that not the case?
volute looks different.

Sponsored
OP
OP
r1lovin

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
The snail is thicker than the p1 d1.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Not a D1X but this P1X was a bih to get in as well. Had to custom do the big red BOV right off the intercooler too.
image.jpeg

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
On a used P1SC kit I installed the inside of the rubber discharge tube was partially melted, right where the blower outlet was. I checked my own though and no signs of it. I was surprised to see that though I didn't think even pre-intercooler temps were high enough to do that.

As others said, the volute is also different. Much thicker/larger. It almost makes the P1SC look flat lol. The impeller is different too though.

Now if anyone knows the difference between the P1X and D1X I would be curious to know.
Sponsored