Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Can't wait to see the results of the boss. Is the boss stock, or was it "ported"?

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Can't wait to see the results of the boss. Is the boss stock, or was it "ported"?
Hopefully stock. I think that the consensus has been that porting one decreases performance. That is in NA for though. I'm not sure how it would effect it with boost.

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unfortunitly i am not going to have time to do the boss :( im doing the gt350 tonight but then i have to get the car back together as i need it for the next few days. i'll try to get to it next week if i can

yes it it :) you will need a few other things to make it a true bolt on though.

Sponsored

na svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mach 1

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
In all supercharged applications, regardless of intake manifold type the overlap should be kept at a minimum. Also, the cam events for any of the intakes tested should be the same as at high RPMs you want the intake cams at max retard.
The tester would have to verify the tune is set to run max cam retard.

Obviously "minimum" is subjective, if it was that easy every single tuner would use the identical cam settings, which I can state for a fact they do not. A few degrees adjustment can have pretty large impacts to peak torque. Even the original tuner admitted there is potentially power left on the table without attempting further cam adjustments.

na svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mach 1
The tester would have to verify the tune is set to run max cam retard.

Obviously "minimum" is subjective, if it was that easy every single tuner would use the identical cam settings, which I can state for a fact they do not. A few degrees adjustment can have pretty large impacts to peak torque. Even the original tuner admitted there is potentially power left on the table without attempting further cam adjustments.
Cam adjustments for the most part only serve to increase or decrease power prior to peak occurring as most of the coyote data logs I've seen have the intake cams at full retard up top. I'm no tuner and have enough tuning knowledge to put a rod through the block in 30 seconds or less.

Although peak numbers are nice for bragging rights, they don't always provide best performance. With that, if a person wants max performance up top they need to strive for increased hp and tq in the rpm range seen in the quarter mile of whatever for of racing they operate in.

Matt, what intake is going on your car?

Sponsored
OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well finished up our borrowed gt350!!! Thank you so much solarflare!!! I reinstalled the stock inlet on the procharger since that is what the other ones were tested with. loaded the tune in it with the same timing but turned the imrc's back on let it warm up to my usual 180 degrees and made a hit. here are the numbers

so damn think made almost as much as the holley race intake!!! I was surprised about the low end TQ loss. this could possibly be brought up with some vct adjustments or possible playing with when the imrcs open but again that was not the point here. I didn't have time to sit hear and custom tune every single intake. lol this would have taken weeks. I just wanted to so you the power differences in all the intakes.

finally I stuck the holley on it as that is the one I am leaving on and this one I legit tuned. posed below is my old graph with the tune on kill vs the holley intake and MAK inlet on kill. so I'm happy. I REALLY wish this had a D1X on it as I feel I could make 800 on a lower boost but that's for another day. this poor blower is just flat out of steam.

well I'm really damn tired so I'm calling it quits for awhile and headed to the track asap. I went 10.13 with the old graph posted above. I'm hoping the extra 50 will put me in the 9s. :headbang:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
No prob. Would've been nice to see the Mak inlet on the gt350 but it was nice enough to see all these tested on the same dyno on similar weather. Thank you.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Holy crap the wealth of valuable knowledge in this thread!!

Its about time!! no BS what works and what parts produce what results is awesome!!

Now for the love of god can someone please do something lime this for CAMS!!!!!

No more "custom vendor spec" mystery!!
Sponsored