OP
OP
bullittt

bullittt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3205
After a long time with the general manager, they have agreed to cancel the sale, refund my money, and pick the car up tomorrow.

He said Ford wouldn't warranty the lights given that they've been modified so the only option would be for them to replace them at huge cost, or I could replace them (not gonna drop ~2k on a car that I just bought that was supposed to be warrantied), or to return the car. So...back it goes. It was fun while it lasted.

Not sure if I will look for another Bullitt or maybe spend a little more and get a Mach 1. They also offered to sell me a '24 GT Premium at invoice as a means of keeping me happy.

Sonny
Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Did they say what level of metallurgical certification they will sell it at next time? Maybe Lead Certifiedā€¦. :) Glad you got your money back run far away from these SOBā€™s invoice pricing or not.

it always amazes me how many people buy a new car, pour a bunch of money into it only to f@ck it up and then sell it. Iā€™ve never understood that.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
After a long time with the general manager, they have agreed to cancel the sale, refund my money, and pick the car up tomorrow.

He said Ford wouldn't warranty the lights given that they've been modified so the only option would be for them to replace them at huge cost, or I could replace them (not gonna drop ~2k on a car that I just bought that was supposed to be warrantied), or to return the car. So...back it goes. It was fun while it lasted.

Not sure if I will look for another Bullitt or maybe spend a little more and get a Mach 1. They also offered to sell me a '24 GT Premium at invoice as a means of keeping me happy.

Sonny
If you like the 24, take them up on this deal.

OP
OP
bullittt

bullittt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3205
If you like the 24, take them up on this deal.
I do and the cost would be similar but I'd lose those performance pack, magneride, and upgraded interior goodies (it's a group 400a). Not really willing to give up those things. That's one of the things I love about the Bullitt. You get all of that stuff (magneride is an option) without having to cobble together options packages.

Sonny

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Honestly, this is probably your best outcome. If a PO was willing to butcher the headlights who knows what else might turn up in 6 months?
I'm sure you can find another Bullitt or Mach and now you know some things to watch out for.

Sponsored

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I do and the cost would be similar but I'd lose those performance pack, magneride, and upgraded interior goodies (it's a group 400a). Not really willing to give up those things. That's one of the things I love about the Bullitt. You get all of that stuff (magneride is an option) without having to cobble together options packages.

Sonny
Plus Iā€™d avoid the first year like the plague. Learned that lesson with the 2015 GT 9 years ago when I had all those HVAC issues. Then when they put the dash back, nothing but rattles šŸ™ƒ

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

Sonny
Oh it's a dealer ordered one, not you get to spec one and order it at invoice price. Nevermind. I mistakenly assumed it was the latter.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver

Sonny
I thought you would like this Used 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt w/ Bullitt Electronics Package for $44995 on Autotrader http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/2858B850

Iā€™ve been looking at GT350ā€™s and C6 z06ā€™s myself and came across this one.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
"Gold certified" should be an immediate red flag. It means literally nothing and is meant to make gullible people think they actually looked at the car.
Shoulda compromised and went for Silver Certified

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

Sonny
I'd grab the 24, normally 1st years are problematic but the s650 isn't super different fundamentally from the s550.

The dealer is definitely gonna send that car to auction to wash their hands of it, lmao.

Sponsored

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Long threads like this only confirm for me that the decision to order my 2020 Mustang was the right one for me. Buying used is a crap shoot to me, and even more so with a Mustang. You just never know how it has been abused or cared for.

OP
OP
bullittt

bullittt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3205
The car is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow. The general manager called and offered to install these for free if I'd keep the car. I do like the look of them but not sure about quality. I had schedule a 2 stage paint correction + ceramic coating in 2 weeks. I think they could do the lights, too.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/raxi...adlights-black-housing-clear-lens-412122.html

The only reason that I'm remotely considering it is that I feel like it will be difficult to replace this car with a comparable one for the price that I paid. I could wait 6 months and hope that prices come down some.

Some other things I found:
1. Has a UPR Racing catch can installed -- this isn't legal in California so I don't know how they passed emissions with it.
2. Has a stainless steel H pipe of some kind. Fit/finish/install look good this car does seem louder than ones that I'd tested driven before -- now I know why! How much volume increase is there with the resonators removed?
3. All fluid reservoir caps have been replaced by aluminum Ford Motorsports caps.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
take the money and run, AND I wouldn't t buy anything from them. They misrepresented a CPO car to you. Don t let them make a fool of you. You ll get a better car I am certain.
I would (and have done on a similar situation) put a complaint out to Ford in writing.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Tell them to cut you a check for $1200 and buy factory take offs.
Screenshot_20230608_201500_Samsung Internet.jpg

But, you've already found 1 thing that would not pass emissions, what else might there be?
Sponsored