2019 Bullitt Tune

TxSuperDuty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've been trying to make a decision on a tuner/tune for my 2019 Bullitt and am having a hard time. It seems that Lund is the preferred tuner on this forum, but I think I read somewhere that they lock your ECM. Can anyone confirm this?

I like that Steeda (James) has a dedicated tune for the Bullitt, so that interests me a great deal. However, I am planning to run E85, and I don't see that they offer a flex tune. As I am not interested in circling gas stations until I'm on fumes, and I might want to travel 200 miles away from Houston some time, I will want the ability to drive the car with a combination of 93 and E85.

Does anyone here have any experience with the Steeda E85 tune in their Bullitt?
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes, Lund does lock the tuner. When I tuned with them, they did not send me a copy of the stock tune file for my Bullitt. If I were you, I’d install any CAI, intake manifold and exhaust mods (if you plan on doing any of those) before you tune, to see maximum benefit from the tuning.

Some people may disagree with me here, but I don’t think it’s worth it to do a tune only, as the tunes aren’t cheap. When I tuned with them, I had them wrote tunes for 93, Flex, E85R and nitrous (an additional $500). I run on my Flex the majority of the time and whenever I run 93 on the Flex tune, I can immediately tell that the engine isn’t as happy. Of course I only do that when I can’t find E85.

Last edited:

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Yes, Lund does lock the tuner. When I tuned with them, they did not send me a copy of the stock tune file for my Bullitt. If I were you, I’d install any CAI, intake manifold and exhaust mods (if you plan on doing any of those) before you tune, to see maximum benefit from the tuning.

Some people may disagree with me here, but I don’t think it’s worth it to do a tune only, as the tunes aren’t cheap. When I tuned with them, I had them wrote tunes for 93, Flex, E85R and nitrous (an additional $500). I run on my Flex the majority of the time and whenever I run 93 on the Flex tune, I can immediately tell that the engine isn’t as happy. Of course I only do that when I can’t find E85.
Did you use TDN or a laptop to tune?

I have my OEM tuning file, as well as the 3 Lund tunes.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Did you use TDN or a laptop to tune?

I have my OEM tuning file, as well as the 3 Lund tunes.
I used a laptop. Hmmm? I’ve checked and double checked and I don’t have mine. I know I ain’t trippin’. I will never go back to factory, so I guess it’s not that big of a deal, but it would have been nice to have.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used a laptop. Hmmm? I’ve checked and double checked and I don’t have mine. I know I ain’t trippin’. I will never go back to factory, so I guess it’s not that big of a deal, but it would have been nice to have.
You should have downloaded the stock tune, then sent it to Lund. Unless they changed SOP

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You should have downloaded the stock tune, then sent it to Lund. Unless they changed SOP
It’s been so long ago now, I can’t remember step, by step of what I did. I do remember ordering my Lund nGauge and tunes through Steeda. I recall having to fill out a form and give them the code on my PCM, but that’s aIl I can remember.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s been so long ago now, I can’t remember step, by step of what I did. I do remember ordering my Lund nGauge and tunes through Steeda. I recall having to fill out a form and give them the code on my PCM, but that’s aIl I can remember.

Ohhhhh NGauge!!!!

Thats the difference.

I run HPtuners RTD+. Different process

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I've been trying to make a decision on a tuner/tune for my 2019 Bullitt and am having a hard time. It seems that Lund is the preferred tuner on this forum, but I think I read somewhere that they lock your ECM. Can anyone confirm this?

I like that Steeda (James) has a dedicated tune for the Bullitt, so that interests me a great deal. However, I am planning to run E85, and I don't see that they offer a flex tune. As I am not interested in circling gas stations until I'm on fumes, and I might want to travel 200 miles away from Houston some time, I will want the ability to drive the car with a combination of 93 and E85.

We've a few other tuners we can help out with here @ Beefcake Racing! Can get it dialed in with a Juggernaut or Ortiz tune for sure. JP has gotten our 2018 car dialed in extremely well. 2 Personal Bests set back to back a few weeks ago at FL2K!

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/the-tune-station/

Feel free to DM me or call with any questions!
Terry "Beefcake" Reeves
- 855-827-7223 -
#beefcakeracing #teambeefcake

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT

Agreed with NGOT8R, the engine is definitely not happy on that flex tune! I tried that with my Pro charger and it was a disaster. My mechanic had to get PBD involved and they fixed everything. 93 octane tune and E85 is hands down the only way to go using an RTD. You can switch the tune out whenever you want. Coyotes do not like that flex tune stuff on a boosted engine. E85 is crazy. Car is scary.

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT

I piggybacked on ngot8r's comment but to answer your question, try PBD. They know mustangs. My tune is flawless, and I went through hell in the beginning with local tuners who did know what the a boosted Coyote liked and disliked.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
James doesn't do flextunes as he doesn't like them. He feels there is to much you can dial in specifically for 93 or e85 that gets lost if you try to make a flextune so he prefers to optimize for each fuel.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
James doesn't do flextunes as he doesn't like them. He feels there is to much you can dial in specifically for 93 or e85 that gets lost if you try to make a flextune so he prefers to optimize for each fuel.
I agree with what James is saying, that’s why I would never suggest that anyone get a flex tune only. I suggest doing it in this order, 93, Flex and E85R. I don’t feel comfortable running on my E85R tune after filling up at a gas station (without first testing the fuel to make sure I’m at 85% ethanol). Is that being overly cautious? Probably, but I’d rather be safe then sorry. Flex is nice to let you still get a cleaner and cooler burn and not have to worry about not having enough ethanol content. I see it as a safe and convenient option.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i'll agree to disagree,

yes, e85 only you can ramp timing in quicker...

93, you will limited on timing.

flex, you will get more timing if you are 1/2 tank and 1/2 tank, not as optimized as full e85, but better than 93..

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hi guys. As you can see I’m down under and not familiar with the tunes you are discussing however the are places here that offer tunes. They say that power and torque increases are around 10-15%. Does that sound similar to what you expect and does the tune really improve the performance and driving experience? Thanks.

VroomVroom5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
One potential downside I've heard from tuning is that it gets rid of the custom Bullitt exhaust tone? I've tried searching and so far it's a 50/50 mash-up of the exhaust tone comes from the OEM Bullitt tune or the pipes themselves.
Sponsored