2019 GT

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Interesting, I did not know that. Thanks.

Anyways, then the OP needs to just contact Ford and get it taken care of. That is, if he got anything in writing about the warranty.
I don't think the warranty will pay to fix modded headlights that will need to be the dealer IMHO.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I don't think the warranty will pay to fix modded headlights that will ne to be the dealer IMHO.
It's a Ford certification, done through the dealer. If the dealer is being a cockbag, Ford can set them straight and get things moving.

That should have been checked and corrected before the sale.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
It's a Ford certification, done through the dealer. If the dealer is being a cockbag, Ford can set them straight and get things moving.

That should have been checked and corrected before the sale.
Agreed as long as the dealer doesn't say the OP did that after he bought the car.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Also, was the gold certification really performed... Obviously if the OP can't get the paperwork for it then to the dealership and anyone else concerned it was never done. So, then it comes to the question of wether the OP should get a lawyer involved... In my experience, this never rally works out entirely and at the end of the day you spend more money that just replacing it yourself.

Biggest thing is to get proof the Gold Cert was actually performed.

lok-red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium Performance Pack
Ford's CPO has 2 levels of certification Gold and Blue. Gold has higher level of certification and covers bumper to bumper except wearables like brakes, clutch, tires etc for a full year and 10,000 miles. Blue has the same coverage as Gold but only for 4000 miles / 3 months.

Headlights should definitely be covered under Gold certification. Also you don't require the paperwork if the certification is already done. Just go to any dealer service center and they can look up the vin and confirm the certification.

I bought an 18 GT PP AE Magnaride with Ford Blue certified last year. Was able to get the front magnaride struts (observed slight seepage), front hood (observed alluminium bubbling on the edge) replaced under the blue warranty with no issues.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
You may want to consider upgrading the lights. These are $800 per pair and are exceptional:

https://www.formlights.com/2018-2023-ford-mustang-led-headlights-pair.html

Way less expensive than OEM and/ or a lawyer, too. Maybe they'd be willing to split the cost with you to avoid trouble.

I'd also make a trip to see them and not leave til I had the Gold warranty paperwork.

All the best!

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
"Gold certified" should be an immediate red flag. It means literally nothing and is meant to make gullible people think they actually looked at the car.
Lol, you are 100% right…he should have got the “Platinum Certified”

OP
OP
bullittt

bullittt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3205
I don't have a copy of the Gold Certification paperwork yet but I do have this that was on the Carfax that I had to sign off on. They promised me the Gold paperwork by 10am today.

Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 8.42.06 AM.png

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
I don't have a copy of the Gold Certification paperwork yet but I do have this that was on the Carfax that I had to sign off on. They promised me the Gold paperwork by 10am today.

Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 8.42.06 AM.png
Then I would demand that the dealership fix the light. It seems like the vehicle could not have received the Gold Certification unless the vehicle was completely stock. Since the vehicle has aftermarket headlights then the dealership should be liable for returning the car to stock.

You signed a paperwork saying sold "as is" but as is included the Gold Cert and since it obviously did not me that requirement I believe you are entitled to some compensation.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Maybe contact Ford customer and let them know what happened if you can’t get the original dealer to help.

I worked at a dealer here in Houston where customers from other dealers would come to get help because the original dealer wanted to give them a hard time.
Sponsored