Not open for further replies.

marrero412002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOEY
Vehicle(s)
15 INGOT MUSTANG GT PP
Ok great just waiting for replacement wing hopefully monday?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
Everyone verify that all the holes marked in the template match your wing. Mine do not. 1/4" off. Not really acceptable.

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Trying to attach a pic from my phone of the template with the actual location of the holes. I lined up one, stuck a pencil through it to hold it in place and then proceeded to locate the other holes.

The best mounting template I have seen come with a wing were plastic "T's". You stuck then in the mounting holes, positioned the wing and then taped the parts of the T's that hung out from the mounting plate. When you pull the wing off, the T's mark the spots perfectly. They are hollow inside and let you drill a small pilot hole to locate the spot perfectly.
image.jpg

Sponsored

Sam@CarbonDynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
American Muscle
Trying to attach a pic from my phone of the template with the actual location of the holes. I lined up one, stuck a pencil through it to hold it in place and then proceeded to locate the other holes.

The best mounting template I have seen come with a wing were plastic "T's". You stuck then in the mounting holes, positioned the wing and then taped the parts of the T's that hung out from the mounting plate. When you pull the wing off, the T's mark the spots perfectly. They are hollow inside and let you drill a small pilot hole to locate the spot perfectly.
Thanks for the notification. The template has been revised and reuploaded.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Got mine in today, no chipped edges but I do have this part that has busted off leaving a small portion visible when it will be mounted on the car
image.jpg

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Got mine in today, no chipped edges but I do have this part that has busted off leaving a small portion visible when it will be mounted on the car
Well that is a new one.....

I am sure CD can make it right but you can try to mask off the area and just use some flat black paint to cover the white. Since it is on the bottom most of it will be hidden.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Well that is a new one.....

I am sure CD can make it right but you can try to mask off the area and just use some flat black paint to cover the white. Since it is on the bottom most of it will be hidden.
It's just my luck to have the new problem haha, I'll give them a shout tomorrow about it. And I did think about seeing of just shooting it with some black would work or not but we will see

Sponsored

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
That's the spot your told to "polish" in the instructions. The "push the mount down" video says to "please only push it down after polishing the highlighted area". Not sure what the real deal is with that area.

marrero412002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOEY
Vehicle(s)
15 INGOT MUSTANG GT PP
Why they just dont send that polished already?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
That's the spot your told to "polish" in the instructions. The "push the mount down" video says to "please only push it down after polishing the highlighted area". Not sure what the real deal is with that area.
Then that area is likely where the fiberglass is folded over in the mold. Makes an uneven surface. Looks like the supplier tried to grind down a few.

OP
OP
Carbon Dynamics

Carbon Dynamics

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
That "polish" is from the factory. If you get that then you don't have to follow the instruction in the insteuction manual. That section faces flat on the trunk so it's not visible. It's only done to give it more flexibility.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
That "polish" is from the factory. If you get that then you don't have to follow the instruction in the insteuction manual. That section faces flat on the trunk so it's not visible. It's only done to give it more flexibility.
This doesn't look like "polish" it looks like it had been busted out, it's wraps to the front of the base as well
image.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.