PP1 worth it? Turbo Build planning

Scstang04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So Im looking into buying a 2018-2019 GT Automatic A10 and do a Twin T build for highway street cruising. Ill be buying the car used and doubt ill ever take it to the track. With this in mind, im trying to decide whether or not to buy a car with PP1 package or not. I know there are many things that the PP1 comes with that I absolutely do not need for a weekend cruise car, such as the bigger brakes, wheels and tires (will be replaced), larger radiator and other components.

However, I am worried about two things in particular: How much would I benefit from the Torsen Rear end with its 3.55 gear ratio? Would the standard 3.15's be better for a 10 speed TT build? Is the cast iron housing of the torsen needed to support high horsepower even though it will never be launched or see high torque?

Also, the Magneride suspension... Ive test drove and loved it, but how necessary will it be? Will I need to replace it later down the road to ensure good stability/reduce squating and spinning?

I need advice and help, but please... before you say "oh if youre getting it used just go ahead and get it all". the problem is: ALL that stuff weighs more, so If i dont need it, Id rather save money And weight and just not get the PP1. But if there is something I will drastically benefit from, please let me know! Thank you all in advance!
Sponsored

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
Good question SCstang.
I will say that the value of what Ford puts in the Performance Packages is high. You get more for your money.
Look at front Brembo brake kit costs. They are pricey and you get much more than brakes with PP1. The 3.55’s will give you the low end torque and that quicker off the line punch.
You absolutely can take a base car and add many performance enhancing components but the final cost is usually higher than what Ford offers off the lot.
Remember you can sell parts off the PP like wheels and tires for something you prefer but replacing a diff or brakes is much more time consuming and expensive.

OP
OP

Scstang04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
While I understand that the Brembo brakes are a nice touch, I also know that they weigh more and I don’t need them for doing straight line pulls occasionally. Larger breaks help dissipate heat over time but do not help stopping power as much as people think.

I’m more worried about knowing what gear ratio and suspension people recommend.

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
While I understand that the Brembo brakes are a nice touch, I also know that they weigh more and I don’t need them for doing straight line pulls occasionally. Larger breaks help dissipate heat over time but do not help stopping power as much as people think.

I’m more worried about knowing what gear ratio and suspension people recommend.
Why don't the Brembos "help stopping power as much as people think"?

OP
OP

Scstang04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Let’s please try to keep this thread about gear ratios and suspension and not turn it into a “how braking works” training seminar

Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Let’s please try to keep this thread about gear ratios and suspension and not turn it into a “how braking works” training seminar
Got it...you cant back your statement up.

Airborne5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wants to build a TT mustang that guys have in the 9's effortlessly

Isnt concerned about braking power

Wants the build for highway cruising

What could possibly go wrong.

OP
OP

Scstang04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Got it...you cant back your statement up.
Go look up a youtube video on how much more efficient brembo brakes are over the standard 4 piston brakes for one time hard stops, the difference is literally only 3-4 feet from 70-0. Brembos excel at multiple, repetitive braking circumstances. They help negate brake fade and dissipate heat over long periods of time, such as at road courses or autocross events, but their stopping power has been proven to be barely better than stock. Please dont come to my thread to make snarky remarks about things that you do not understand, only to make yourself feel better for spending 2,000 on brembos for your car when you probably didnt need them. Thank you

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Then buy a base car. Sounds like you already know what you need and don't need. Honestly, your already gonna drop 6-9k on a turbo system, what's another couple hundred to change out gears??? Either way, I doubt it will matter much for highway cruising...

For me, I'd take Brembos and an upgraded radiator any day over base stuff.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Is there a specific questions you want answered?

You might do better asking extremely specific questions.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Hey Nick, if you are on the fence about going twin turbo for a A10 5.0, I would highly suggest it. I had a Hellion twin kit on my auto and it pulled like a freight train with very little boost. I would stick with the 3.15s as you typically want a longer gear with boost. On the magneride setup, thats personal preference honestly. You can totally get away without having one. If you have any questions or would like to see what we can do on a turbo kit for you, hit me up. I am here to help! Lethalperformance.com
Sponsored