Sponsored

2019 GT PP1/A10/MagneRide 5 months later

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
i own a 18 A10 PP1 / 19 Bullitt and 2020 M340ix the mustangs are fun and build quality is ok the BMW on the other hand is insane and Service treats me like I am a King , they give me better loaner cars than i actually own when and if i need ..i had a thread come loose on seat stiching they gave me a new x4M loaner while waiting for the cushion skins to arrive .,I am actually going to look in the next 2 weeks to trade in the Bullitt for a M2 competition
Yea, that’s how all luxury brands are in regards to service departments. It’s the same with my fiancé’s Infiniti on the occasion we take it to the dealer for something. It’s why Hyundai, before they were able to make independent dealerships for the Genesis brand (not the model: the new G80 and G90 (and now G70)) all models came standard with concierge service where you never had to go back to that Hyundai dealership for service - they come to your house/business with a loaner and pick up your car, then bring it back. Lincoln offers something similar but you have to pay extra or get a Black Label model.
Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
BMW service always returned my car in perfect condition
I often found new scratches on my car after it was in at BMW service.

And one time a loaner they gave me smelled like turpentine was spilled in it (a 4 series GC).

And one time they gave me a Mazda loaner instead of a BMW.

BMW service is not the best either is all I'm saying. And you'll be visiting them a lot.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I agree with the sentiment here about the 18 GT A10 PP1 being great. I have a 2018 GT Premium GT PP1 A10 with Magneride and Safe and smart package. The handling with Magneride is great. Acceleration with A10 is awesome. The Gen 3 Coyote is an amazing piece of engineering (and sounds downright great even with the stock non-active exhaust). The overall looks of the complete package is one of the best looking cars ever. I haven't had any build quality issues and would say that the fit and finish is actually really good for a Ford (I've never owned a Ford before this, and always swore I never would until the 2018 GTs came out and had to have one after test driving it). Anyway, I updated the 9 speaker system by simply replacing the rear deck speakers with some Focal two way drivers, which greatly improved the overall sound. Highly recommend doing that. Took less than 2 hours for me to replace both of them, and I'm not an experienced car stereo modifier by any means.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Build quality isn't always on the UAW worker as they have to work within a specific time frame with the parts they have (sometimes vendors send bad parts). That said, there are some people that work there that shouldn't be employed. All sealer is done by robots now. If one of the sealer guns detects a bubble or runs out, it stops and prompts an inspection. Of course there could be the occasional hurry up and get it running again scenario. Trust me when I say it's much better than it was though I can't speak for the plant that builds the Mustang.
Like a lot of you, I won't let a dealer touch my car unless it's a warranty issue that could rack up big $$. I had the USB connector in the center console come loose so I replaced it myself. It was a $15 part and I'm sure the high-schoolers that work at my particular dealer would mess something up getting at it. Some dealers are better than others at hiring good technicians.

Sponsored

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
@Idaho2018GTPremium , would you please share the model details of the Focal speakers? I'm about to pick up my 401A non-B&O in a few days.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I wonder if the OP is still thrilled...

Let me add in a big thumbs up for Crutchfield. They give you (or at the least, suggest and supply at minimal cost) the stuff you need to make it fit in your car.

As you can tell from my name and avatar, I too come from German marques (still have one or two) and although the service department is nice with the free coffee and loaners and very polite, techs are techs and mistakes happen with all brands.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
If you order from Crutchfield they include all the parts you need to make the install easy - brackets, wiring adapters, good step-by-step instructions, etc.
I've been hearing great things about Crutchfield for decades. Going to have to give them a try.
Sponsored