Sponsored

Is Magneride worth it? (Magneride explained)

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Only worries I might have with MagneRide is the fact they had to pick parts from the GT350 to strengthen the suspension because MagneRide can create bigger forces when it's maxing out it's dampening.

So driving in sport/track mode most of the time might see some unreasonably quick wear on suspension parts ?
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Only worries I might have with MagneRide is the fact they had to pick parts from the GT350 to strengthen the suspension because MagneRide can create bigger forces when it's maxing out it's dampening.

So driving in sport/track mode most of the time might see some unreasonably quick wear on suspension parts ?
I would think that if there were very high forces that would result in jarring in the passenger compartment. However, it seems to me that Magneride suspension has less jarring compared to standard suspension.

I think the stronger hubs are more for cornering forces, not loads from irregularities in the road. Correct me if I'm wrong.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

This is not something you need to be so worried about. Hubs were strengthened because the car is capable of higher turning loads (stock). Only makes sense. They beefed up parts that needed beefing to last their expected vehicle service life (typically 100K under ideal/normal conditions). Relax.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Do you "need" a Premium GT Mustang or even a Mustang? Would it be more accurate to change "need" to "want"?:D :cheers:

FYI I agree with your point. It boils down to priorities and, of course, budget.
Well, I have a Premium because of the better audio system. Now everyone has ears, right? But not everyone races. ;)

So it is much closer to a "need" than a "want". :cool:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I got the premium so I could see the damn backup camera without binoculars...

Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Yeah, that's right. Larger screen and sound upgrade made Premium a must have.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Is it worth it? I think that highly depends on what you’ll do with the car and how long you’ll keep it. Only time will tell if these were made to a high standard or not( quality control)

But I say it’s worth it if your wallet can afford the repair in some unfortunate event

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
And THAT is the beauty of Magneride. It can be overdamped and then underdamped within milliseconds so that it functions as a spring helper when needed and softens the suspension when that is needed. The computer can assign a "correctly damped" value for different scenarios. And since the system has feedback in the form of suspension height indicators, it can adjust based on what is happening at each wheel.

I think that's why the GT350 rides so great. The suspension is firm, the body is controlled, but it is never harsh. I'm really glad I have magneride on my car.
All that is very much why I'd be interested in having some end-user control over the MR with something like the DSC controller. Just as I'm not satisfied with OE valving in conventional dampers, I wouldn't expect to be entirely satisfied with all of the OE tuning for MR dampers either. Among other reasons, I prefer a bit more ride firmness than most even in my daily driving as long as it stops short of actually being harsh.

Norm
Sponsored