OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
You guys are so cool. Couple of cool guys, over here.
Sponsored

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol there's nothing wrong with wanting detailed and comprehensive instructions for any part you pay your hard earned money for. I always review instructions for every part I install despite wrenching on cars for a very long time and having a ton of experience. It's smart and thoughtful.

Don't let these "cool" guys make you think there's anything wrong with that.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
All of us have different levels of experience. Which is why instructions are important for some but not to others. I make it a point to glance over the instructions, then if I need to, I come back to them. And I have a pretty high level of mechanical ability. I find that something little always stops me dead in my tracks. In particular, on my Airaid install, I could not figure out how to remove those hoses. The clips gave me hell. So I have to look at the instruction sheet to see how to release the clips. But I do get what people are saying about PMAS. For the money you spend, $420, this CAI seems to have a lot of issues from several people. Of all the intakes out there, Corsa, Injen, Airaid, JLT, etc, PMAS is the only one where people constantly have missing parts, parts that were upgraded and not accounted for, incomplete instructions, parts that break, etc. Even on their big thread there are people who quite often post that they had some issue. Now to me, that is a bit or a warning to stay away. Others like some of you have no problems but that doesn't mean that the ones who have problems are to blame. I said it a while ago in their thread that it seems they need to get things together. At more than $100 cheaper, any other intake on the market will give similar gains and have no issues at all.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Actually, it was a great contribution.

Seems some people these days sweat the small things and have a hard time processing basic functions.(not implied to anyone) Not everything in life needs directions. Sometimes you have to buck-up and work hard to find a solution. I'm not sure what the actual ratio of people who work on their own cars vs. who doesn't on this site, but I would have to say it's pretty low from what I read. There are a lot of great contributors on this site, but installing CAI is a pretty basic function on any car and shouldn't really need any help. What is it, 3 clips, 3 hose clamps , one weather pack connector, and a few small bolts to complete.
Some people sweat the small things and need instructions because not everyone has the same experience. Hell there's people on here that could pull out the motor without instructions, and then there's some people that need detailed instructions to do an oil change. There's nothing wrong about it, and it's important to not be condescending about it. Everybody starts somewhere.

Sponsored

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Sorry guys, I've just been made aware of this thread.

I think we need to change our wording in the instructions. We meant to remove the plastic fitting with the clip, not to remove the clip from the fitting. I will get this corrected today.

I don't have any email from the O.P.? our shop number is 1-888-835-9009. just press 0 and you will get to somebody. You can also send an email to [email protected]. I will have our web guy see what is wrong with the website contact form. This is the firs I've been told it doesn't work.

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
We changed to the newer style maf because of repeatibility and to eliminate the electronic conversion box that was prone to have issues. We now calibrate OEM maf sensors to work with our housing.

I'm not sure what's going on the the hole for the bolt. The factory grommet should fit correctly? Do you have a pic? We can send another shield if there is a problem with yours.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't have any hardware issues, but I did have some clearance issues. I moved the tank over less distance than the kit bracket. I did not want it touching the radiator hose or my oil separator, and now I have it located perfect. It required trimming the locator tab on the tank, but it is unused when moved anyway. I had to rotate the MAF sensor downward and toward the front. Any closer to the to the box and it would be in a bind. I did not see how I could rotate it upward and not hit the hood. If it can be done, please enlighten me. I think a slightly bigger diameter seal would be beneficial, to better conform to the hood and also for taking up a gap at the bottom of the aluminum tube.

Other suggested improvements: a removable seal that can be placed on top of the aluminum tube to keep the hot air out. I fabbed up one myself. PMAS, maybe you guys can look at cutting a hole in the fender side of the box to improve flow/IAT. There is a rather large cavity on that side of the car which might provide great volume, and it is away from the engine.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I don't have any email from the O.P.? our shop number is 1-888-835-9009. just press 0 and you will get to somebody. You can also send an email to [email protected]. I will have our web guy see what is wrong with the website contact form. This is the firs I've been told it doesn't work.
Because I didn't have your email until just now. It's okay, I laid out everything as best I could in the OP.

I'm not sure what's going on the the hole for the bolt. The factory grommet should fit correctly? Do you have a pic? We can send another shield if there is a problem with yours.
There's a pic in the OP.

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Because I didn't have your email until just now. It's okay, I laid out everything as best I could in the OP.

There's a pic in the OP.
Got it. it looks you aren't using the rubber grommet from the oem airbox in the pic? Only the bolt and a washer?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Got it. it looks you aren't using the rubber grommet from the oem airbox in the pic? Only the bolt and a washer?
I did not reuse the grommet if the factory piece had one. There was a cone-shaped rubber piece that sandwiches between the body and the airbox near the bolt that I reused.

The instructions didn't mention the grommet and don't show it being used. Here is a closeup of the pic in your instructions:

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I didn't have any hardware issues, but I did have some clearance issues. I moved the tank over less distance than the kit bracket. I did not want it touching the radiator hose or my oil separator, and now I have it located perfect. It required trimming the locator tab on the tank, but it is unused when moved anyway. I had to rotate the MAF sensor downward and toward the front. Any closer to the to the box and it would be in a bind. I did not see how I could rotate it upward and not hit the hood. If it can be done, please enlighten me. I think a slightly bigger diameter seal would be beneficial, to better conform to the hood and also for taking up a gap at the bottom of the aluminum tube.

Other suggested improvements: a removable seal that can be placed on top of the aluminum tube to keep the hot air out. I fabbed up one myself. PMAS, maybe you guys can look at cutting a hole in the fender side of the box to improve flow/IAT. There is a rather large cavity on that side of the car which might provide great volume, and it is away from the engine.
I cut the fender side and front of my box. The hole is over twice the size it was. Took about 10 minutes total to cut with my angle grinder and sand with an orbital sander. I'm looking into making a seal for the tube to box just to keep more fan wash out of there. It's 92-96* here and 80% or more humidity so my iats are close to 100* no matter what right now. Maybe in a few months it will cool off.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just put my PMAS on last night. The fitment was tight and the clamps are the really shitty Chinese ones. For the price though you really cant beat the PMAS and the gains are great. re use the stock rubbers for the bolt and the hole that the box sits in. Also for the vaccum clamps you dont need to pick at them like their install picture shows. All you need to do is push down on the clip and they slide right off.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just put my PMAS on last night. The fitment was tight and the clamps are the really shitty Chinese ones. For the price though you really cant beat the PMAS and the gains are great. re use the stock rubbers for the bolt and the hole that the box sits in. Also for the vaccum clamps you dont need to pick at them like their install picture shows. All you need to do is push down on the clip and they slide right off.
You push down on the clip? That would explain why I broke two of them! Not sure if replacements can be bought, but I have the hoses secured well.
Sponsored