Sponsored

PMAS install issues

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Anybody else have cold start issues after installing this. My car cranks forever and then revs to 1800 or so and holds it there for a while, it gradually comes down and once warm it idles normally. But the cold start up is worrying me. I have the no-tune version.
Install issue. Check the coupler to the TB
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Anybody else have cold start issues after installing this. My car cranks forever and then revs to 1800 or so and holds it there for a while, it gradually comes down and once warm it idles normally. But the cold start up is worrying me. I have the no-tune version.
Something is way off. Put the factory airbox back in and see if the problem goes away. You might have an air leak or a bad MAF.

NDSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Something is way off. Put the factory airbox back in and see if the problem goes away. You might have an air leak or a bad MAF.
The MAF sensor is the 2011 to 2014 version. If that makes a difference. They originally sent the wrong kit and then had to send the 2015 version. They didn't include the maf sensor in the 2015 kit they sent , so I used the one from the 2011-2014 kit. I guess that could be the issue. I have put it back to stock and back to PMAS a couple times and yes the issue goes away with the stock CAI.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
So i guess i'm the only one that had/has a problem screwing in the MAF sensor? Screws go about a quarter of the way in and then NOTTA. Like the shit isn't even threaded. Bad experience this tune/cai combo dealio.... :shrug:

Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I got it - forced the issue and it threaded up. The difference from just the stock airbox tune to the PMAS was leaps and bounds. I'm impressed!

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When installing the maf to PMAS i found it easier to screw it in a little at a time on each side. If not it tightens up to soon amd crooked.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
When installing the maf to PMAS i found it easier to screw it in a little at a time on each side. If not it tightens up to soon amd crooked.
Yeah, that's what i did. It was a pain in the ass to get it started just right, and then kinda force screw it to get it to "break thru". Now if only i could get the correct tune.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who is doing your tune? I'm sorry, think I missed it.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Who is doing your tune? I'm sorry, think I missed it.
Got the Lund 93 octane tune. They just need to turn my oil pressure guage back on. I tried the stock air box 93 tune first, and while there was an improvement, i wasn't too impressed. Then i installed the PMAS and it just makes the tune sing. Very impressed by the gains. Pulls so damn hard it's scary good.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just wanted to post this up since I just researched it.

For cleaning and oiling the PMAS filter, the recommended kit is the S&B 88-0009 Precision II Cleaning and Oiling Kit, Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ANWB3O/

According to S&B (who make the filter for PMAS) you need "54g of oil on the main filter element and 7g on the powerstack". The "powerstack" is the concave smaller filter element at the top of the filter.

And here are instructions for proper application: [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]6mIqd--pzPE[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored