PMAS install issues

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
Doing this install today and almost finished. The problem is I have three places for hoses and only two hoses to connect this doesn't include the sound tube connection which is capped. What am I missing?
Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
I definitely agree the instructions were annoying and they could've just added the little washer needed.

Other than that, the intake is great. I installed mine exactly as shown below on American Muscle, it's at around 10 o'clock looking from the drivers fender:
IMG_7063.JPG

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Odd. This is my OEM intake:
IMG_7064.jpg

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Must be a change in the 17's that Lethal (where I purchased) and PMAS are unaware of? Guess the Jeep is going to get some love over the next few days while I sort this out.

Sponsored

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
So found this with regards to the 17's,

"Tech Tip: For 2017 GT Mustangs manufactured after 9/2016, the vacuum for the CMCVs (Charge Motion Control Valves) is no longer picked up from the intake tube. This will require a plug to be used with the unused port/fitting on your new cold air intake tube when installing this system. The production date on the vehicle (month/year) is located on decal in driver side door jamb."

So question, does it matter which port I plug? The smaller hose will fit either of the smaller ports. I prefer to use the one under the large port but think originally it should have gone to the other. I prefer this one as the other has an extension that is suspect, to begin with. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
So found this with regards to the 17's,

"Tech Tip: For 2017 GT Mustangs manufactured after 9/2016, the vacuum for the CMCVs (Charge Motion Control Valves) is no longer picked up from the intake tube. This will require a plug to be used with the unused port/fitting on your new cold air intake tube when installing this system. The production date on the vehicle (month/year) is located on decal in driver side door jamb."

So question, does it matter which port I plug? The smaller hose will fit either of the smaller ports. I prefer to use the one under the large port but think originally it should have gone to the other. I prefer this one as the other has an extension that is suspect, to begin with. Any advice is appreciated.
In my photo of the '16 compared to your '17 intake, it looks like the smaller one is missing. I would just see which of the two on the aftermarket intake is closest in size and close the other. Looking at the pics, plug the smaller of the two.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I definitely agree the instructions were annoying and they could've just added the little washer needed.

Other than that, the intake is great. I installed mine exactly as shown below on American Muscle, it's at around 10 o'clock looking from the drivers fender:
most installs i have seen guys going with the tube rotated so the MAF sensor is inside the box. not visible at all from the top. something about better fit and less stress on the wires.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
most installs i have seen guys going with the tube rotated so the MAF sensor is inside the box. not visible at all from the top. something about better fit and less stress on the wires.
I did it because I was worried about getting the clearance wrong and crushing the MAF sensor with the hood.

Sponsored

Cruizer40

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special, FPP2
I just installed mine in the box and your correct, less stress on wiring.

Last edited:

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
I'm thinking I'll just rotate mine down like that. Wasn't too worried because it is still much lower than the coolant reservoir and the huge intake elbow.

It seems everybody but me did it that way :p I was only worried about the wiring bouncing against the heat shield.

Last edited:

NDSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Anybody else have cold start issues after installing this. My car cranks forever and then revs to 1800 or so and holds it there for a while, it gradually comes down and once warm it idles normally. But the cold start up is worrying me. I have the no-tune version.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely something wrong. I'm guessing something a leak somewhere.
The no tune version changes absolutely nothing about the way the car starts or idles, ever.

NDSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
To add insult to injury, my ac stopped working right after the install also. I uninstalled and reinstalled it several times, looking for knocked loose wiring or anything else that could explain it. I did teflon tape the screwed in tubes to the main tube, because the larger one was a bit loose for my comfort. I have good vacuum at idle, once it settles down. I'll have to look some more.
Sponsored