Sponsored

PMAS install issues

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Did anybody's PMAS come with the air duct from the heat shield to the grille opening like the stock box or JLT? I kinda figured it would have but I didn't get one so it's just open and not connected to the air flow path.
PMAS says not to use the snorkel duct. They claim it restricts the max air flow of the intake.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Did anybody's PMAS come with the air duct from the heat shield to the grille opening like the stock box or JLT? I kinda figured it would have but I didn't get one so it's just open and not connected to the air flow path.
Nope.

They claim it restricts air flow, I think this is BS. More like they did not want to pay the monies for the mould to make the duct and there excuse was at speed the rubber collapses limiting snorkel flow.

Search for my thread about IAT reduction, I got the 350 snorkel to fit, made some modifications and have not restricted flow at all, infact Lund after looking at my logs say my car is making huge power.

Also confirmed on dyno with a 55BHP and 60lb/ft gains over stock with just Lund/PMAS combo and I have a snorkel in place, colder denser air makes more power, its a fact.

But draw your own conclusions because some people hear believe everything a manufacturer tells them and lets face it the GT 350 makes more power, needs more flow and it has a snorkel. ;)

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Nope.

They claim it restricts air flow, I think this is BS. More like they did not want to pay the monies for the mould to make the duct and there excuse was at speed the rubber collapses limiting snorkel flow.

Search for my thread about IAT reduction, I got the 350 snorkel to fit, made some modifications and have not restricted flow at all, infact Lund after looking at my logs say my car is making huge power.

Also confirmed on dyno with a 55BHP and 60lb/ft gains over stock with just Lund/PMAS combo and I have a snorkel in place, colder denser air makes more power, its a fact.

But draw your own conclusions because some people hear believe everything a manufacturer tells them and lets face it the GT 350 makes more power, needs more flow and it has a snorkel. ;)
Yea I don't see it causing much of a restriction honestly . I made really good power with a JLT and running into a stock grille. I found that thread , thanks for the info I'm ordering a gt350 duct today to try and modify it. I also have the big mouth air duct for the grille I'll install soon.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was just looking at your pictures, nice work. So you basically enlarged the opening and zip tied the 350 snorkel to it?

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I was just looking at your pictures, nice work. So you basically enlarged the opening and zip tied the 350 snorkel to it?
Yep.

I also added to more direct cold air feeds to the heatshield as well, so flow is dramatically increased and IAT's match the stock air box design, so I get the best of both worlds.

tazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
all of them
FYI If you decide to use the mishimoto tank you wont need to use the relocate hardware supplied with the PMAS. it will fit using the original mounting holes and the supplied bolts.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
FYI If you decide to use the mishimoto tank you wont need to use the relocate hardware supplied with the PMAS. it will fit using the original mounting holes and the supplied bolts.
Good to know. Does the Mishimoto tank touch the intake at all? Also does that tank touch the radiator hose? Just thinking long term. Things that rub can become a problem later on. I design tooling that sees repetitive use, so I am always looking for the most robust solutions and potential failure points.

tazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
all of them
The mishimoto tank doesn't touch anything, has more clearance than the stock fish tank. i was worried it would at least touch the sight tube, but it doesn't, just use the original mounting holes.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
The mishimoto tank doesn't touch anything, has more clearance than the stock fish tank. i was worried it would at least touch the sight tube, but it doesn't, just use the original mounting holes.
can you toss some pics up if this is the setup you have? much thanks!

Sponsored

Glacierbrew907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
[MENTION=10883]Genxer[/MENTION] [MENTION=26247]aham23[/MENTION] [MENTION=20157]tazor[/MENTION]

Originally Posted by tazor View Post
can you toss some pics up if this is the setup you have? much thanks!
Here's some pics from tazor's setup.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
^^^ Dude much thanks! Totally going this route.

442Much

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Has anybody installed the PMAS along with the Ford Performane Oil Separator? It looks like relocating the coolant overflow tank will interfere with oil separator.

Buenhombre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance Pack, Ruby Red
Installed my PMAS yesterday. Thanks for your write up and insights. The install instructions from PMAS are a bit confusing and ambiguous.