OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Apparently the company is on the board, [MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION] are you out there?
Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
At $400-$420 there shouldn't be any issues at all. Ye I keep reading of install issues with this intake. The gains are on par with other intakes out there and I haven't seen any issues with the other brands despite them being much cheaper. Good thing you installed it during the hours that parts store was open.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Good thing you installed it during the hours that parts store was open.
Actually I didn't, my car was down for a few days before I could get that hose clamp. But it's not my DD and I did the install on a rainy day, so not a huge deal to me personally. I could see how it would be to someone who uses their car as a DD though, because tightening that clamp down is basically the last step of the job. If you needed your car running, you'd be stuck putting the factory airbox back in.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
At $400-$420 there shouldn't be any issues at all. Ye I keep reading of install issues with this intake. The gains are on par with other intakes out there and I haven't seen any issues with the other brands despite them being much cheaper. Good thing you installed it during the hours that parts store was open.
I didn't have any issues installing my Pmas intake.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually I didn't, my car was down for a few days before I could get that hose clamp. But it's not my DD and I did the install on a rainy day, so not a huge deal to me personally. I could see how it would be to someone who uses their car as a DD though, because tightening that clamp down is basically the last step of the job. If you needed your car running, you'd be stuck putting the factory airbox back in.
Yea that would suck because I don't like waiting when I install performance parts. There will always be issues with parts. But it just seems like there is a much higher chance of having issues with one of these PMAS intakes than others.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perhaps. But if there is anything I've learned, it's to be cautious when several people have issues with one product. I learned that the hard way. Lots of people are posting issues with the install process or parts in the kit etc. I'm not saying that everyone is having problems. But enough people are.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm not saying I wouldn't buy this intake again, but PMAS certainly needs to clean up their act. It's better to give no instructions at all than to give bad instructions. And you've gotta give people the correct parts to get the job done.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm not saying I wouldn't buy this intake again, but PMAS certainly needs to clean up their act. It's better to give no instructions at all than to give bad instructions. And you've gotta give people the correct parts to get the job done.
I didn't read the instructions it was pretty self explanatory to me just like the Airaid I installed on my 2013 GT. This car has one of the easiest installs as far as intakes are concerned.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I didn't read the instructions it was pretty self explanatory to me just like the Airaid I installed on my 2013 GT. This car has one of the easiest installs as far as intakes are concerned.
You don't read instructions? Cool story bro.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Wow that's very impressive, good contribution to this thread.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow that's very impressive, good contribution to this thread.
Actually, it was a great contribution.

Seems some people these days sweat the small things and have a hard time processing basic functions.(not implied to anyone) Not everything in life needs directions. Sometimes you have to buck-up and work hard to find a solution. I'm not sure what the actual ratio of people who work on their own cars vs. who doesn't on this site, but I would have to say it's pretty low from what I read. There are a lot of great contributors on this site, but installing CAI is a pretty basic function on any car and shouldn't really need any help. What is it, 3 clips, 3 hose clamps , one weather pack connector, and a few small bolts to complete.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Actually, it was a great contribution.

Seems some people these days sweat the small things and have a hard time processing basic functions.(not implied to anyone) Not everything in life needs directions. Sometimes you have to buck-up and work hard to find a solution. I'm not sure what the actual ratio of people who work on their own cars vs. who doesn't on this site, but I would have to say it's pretty low from what I read. There are a lot of great contributors on this site, but installing CAI is a pretty basic function on any car and shouldn't really need any help. What is it, 3 clips, 3 hose clamps , one weather pack connector, and a few small bolts to complete.
Yes, it's a fairly easy install compared to mods on other cars and trucks I've done. Stock box comes out in a matter of one 10mm bolt, loosening the throttle body clamp and unhooking the MAF plug. Took me less than two minutes to take it off. Pmas took me about 30 minutes to put together and that was with me being really anal about the clamps all being straight and even so I probably could have done it in half the time if I didn't redo the clamps 2-3 times.
Sponsored