Sponsored

P&S Bead maker

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
e

I've thought about CQuartz. I have DLux on all the black plastic trim and it does fantastic. Have Gyeon Cancoat on it now, it has been great but longevity is a little to be desired, however its basically a spray and wipe coating, not known to be very durable. I use Beadmaker after each wash and also use ONR Wash N wax when I do rinseless here lately and it works really well. I do love my Carbon edition, I went with the Non turbo. Almost 73K miles in right at 2 years, bought end of February 2022.

As for my Mustang, I had it professionally done LOL. I didn't want to mess with the metallic Grabber blue myself :)
So Dlux is a good product? Have never tried it. What worried me about it is if i miss a spot and canā€™t buff it off or polish it off like I could with paint.
And they had a warning about it on their site for textured plastic.
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
So Dlux is a good product? Have never tried it. What worried me about it is if i miss a spot and canā€™t buff it off or polish it off like I could with paint.
Worked fantastic. You do have to be careful and make sure it goes on smooth and wipe off pretty much immediately.

A few pics after install. I think it turned out great.

Sorry to detail the thread about Beadmaker.

IMG_0761.jpeg

IMG_0762.jpeg

IMG_0763.jpeg

IMG_0775.jpeg

IMG_0774.jpeg

IMG_0766.jpeg

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0123.jpeg

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Worked fantastic. You do have to be careful and make sure it goes on smooth and wipe off pretty much immediately.

IMG_0761.jpeg

IMG_0762.jpeg

IMG_0763.jpeg

IMG_0775.jpeg

IMG_0774.jpeg

IMG_0766.jpeg

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0123.jpeg
No good thread goes without comparison šŸ˜

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue

IMG_0761.jpeg

IMG_0762.jpeg

IMG_0763.jpeg

IMG_0775.jpeg

IMG_0774.jpeg

IMG_0766.jpeg

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0123.jpeg
Looks really nice! Iā€™ll have to try a bottle.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'll reiterate what others have been saying about the P&S Bedmaker product.
It is that good!

I used it on my truck when doing rinseless washes. Awesome.
For even better results,.......rinseless wash, use a clay towel/clay mitt and clay the vehicle, rinseless wash, and then Beadmaker.
Sit back and enjoy the gloss, the durability and hydrophobic properties.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Anyone compare Beadmaker to Adams Slick n Slide?
So, I just did a rinseless wash of my Mustang today and used Slick N Slide for the first time instead of Beadmaker. I really like it. Very slick, made the drying towel glide across the paint. Smells fantastic, I like it. Time will tell how it does, although I have a strong ceramic coat on my Mustang. The real test will be using on my daily that has a coating that is on its last legs.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Yep, I was referring to Reload, should have been more clear, D.

But your last sentence has been my thought for some time. I guess you would have to use Reset or similar to find out what's left of the coating and I may just do that next time I give her a bath.
Reset won't do that for you as its pH neutral,. you use Carpro Lift (alkaline) or Descale (acidic).

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
DLUX is a great choice for trim, but almost any paint coating will work on trim too.

I have moved away from trim coating for the concern you have highlighted. DLUX would unlikely leave high spots on trim if you "missed a spot", my concern centers around not being to polish it back to a virgin surface when it's time to recoat. I can't substantiate those concerns though.

DLUX also serves as Carpro's wheel coating, but it's not slick or known for its hydrophobic performance. Naturally, you can top it with Gliss as a secondary layer, or periodically apply Reload, Hydr02 or Elixir. I would personally go for Armour Detail Supply Wheel Coating as its a single layer coating, is slick, hydrophobic and longer lasting.

Armour Wheel Coating ā€“ Armour Detail Supply

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The real test will be using on my daily that has a coating that is on its last legs.
In sort of the same boat, Alex, coating is nearing its life expectancy and I'll be curious to hear how your experiment turned out.

I have moved away from trim coating for the concern you have highlighted.
Used Dlux once on the trim awhile back. Never saw any high spots but, I wasn't impressed with it and haven't used it since.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Nothing wrong with CQuartz UK 3.0, it's a good coating, but I think it's fallen behind some newer competition, namely the EVO coatings from Gyeon.
That was my general consensus as well. The newer Gyeon coatings have really come a long way.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
That was my general consensus as well. The newer Gyeon coatings have really come a long way.
Based on D's recommendation, Alex, I am going the Gyeon route when I do my girl's second coating. I used CarPro CQuartz the first time three years ago and with Reload, it has held up very well.

That said, a recommendation from D (@DFB5.0) is as good as it gets so Gyeon Evo it will be and of course, that brings up a question for our Master Detailer..

Do you have experience with "Skin" D? I see this is one that is applied immediately after the base coating before it cures and Gyeon says to use a generous/thick layer.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
So would bead maker replace using a wax or would you still wax as usual and add bead maker?

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Based on D's recommendation, Alex, I am going the Gyeon route when I do my girl's second coating. I used CarPro CQuartz the first time three years ago and with Reload, it has held up very well.

That said, a recommendation from D (@DFB5.0) is as good as it gets so Gyeon Evo it will be and of course, that brings up a question for our Master Detailer..

Do you have experience with "Skin" D? I see this is one that is applied immediately after the base coating before it cures and Gyeon says to use a generous/thick layer.
I really like the Gyeon products I have used so far. Bathe is an excellent soap. Wet coat is fantastic for wheels. Their Iron is good too. Stinky but good. Interior quick detailer is nice. I really liked CanCoat. It's not extremely durable but the water behavior and gloss is off the charts. And it's extremely easy to apply.

That said I broke down and made a decision. I ordered NV Nova Evo for my Mazda to apply later in the spring. All the reviews I have seen it's very impressive. Gyeon Syncro was high on my list (MOHS topped with Skin) but I didn't want to have to do 2 coats. MOHS and skin are both supposedly easy to apply as is the NV Nova.
Sponsored