P&S Bead maker

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
So would bead maker replace using a wax or would you still wax as usual and add bead maker?
Beadmaker is a polymer sealant based topper. It is great as a stand alone product just longevity is not great. A couple weeks max in the weather. Maybe more if stored indoors. It plays well with almost all other products so standalone or on top of a wax, sealant or ceramic coating is all good. The main selling point is gloss and slickness. It is indeed slick. However the name is misleading as beading water isn't as good as a lot of other products.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Great info in this thread and I think I'll give the 90/10 bead maker/dream maker mix a try.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
So would bead maker replace using a wax or would you still wax as usual and add bead maker?
As mentioned, it can be used as a standalone, or as a topper to existing wax's/sealants/coatings.

Bead Maker's longevity is not its strong suit, exaggerated by the spray-wipe application most people use.

For use as a topper, the spray-wipe application is absolutely fine, and you will still get off the charts gloss and slickness.

However, if you are chasing longevity as a standalone sealant, you need to apply the product heavy in the initial application. This video shows how to use it in that first application -

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Based on D's recommendation, Alex, I am going the Gyeon route when I do my girl's second coating. I used CarPro CQuartz the first time three years ago and with Reload, it has held up very well.

That said, a recommendation from D (@DFB5.0) is as good as it gets so Gyeon Evo it will be and of course, that brings up a question for our Master Detailer..

Do you have experience with "Skin" D? I see this is one that is applied immediately after the base coating before it cures and Gyeon says to use a generous/thick layer.
Skin is Gyeon's version of Carpro Gliss, it the hydrophobic gloss enhancement topcoat used in conjunction with a base layer of Gyeon Mohs, this in turn creates Gyeon Syncro.

If you are looking at Gyeon's coatings, I would be looking at either Pure EVO or Mohs EVO.

Q² Pure EVO brings the look of the paintwork to a whole new level, delivering amazing candy gloss. The thick formulation requires only one layer, making the application process quick and user friendly.

Q² MOHS EVO coating has been completely redesigned, now featuring a world-first use of the fluoro modified polisylazane technology within the car care industry. Increased durability, amazingly easy to apply and wipe off, yet extremely chemical resistant, slick and smooth.

Pure EVO's "candy gloss" would work extremely well on Rapid Red, but if you want slickness, you'd need to top it with Reload or Cure.

Personally, I would lean towards Mohs for the slickness as standard, then top it as needed.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
That said I broke down and made a decision.
I have a question, Alex, is this the CanCoat you chose?

cancoat.png

Personally, I would lean towards Mohs for the slickness as standard, then top it as needed.
Thanks for that info, D, and no offense intended, Alex, but when I do mine in the Spring, I will now plan to use Mohs since the Master Detailer has spoken. <BIG grin>

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)

cancoat.png

Thanks for that info, D, and no offense intended, Alex, but when I do mine in the Spring, I will now plan to use Mohs since the Master Detailer has spoken. <BIG grin>
Yes Can Coat Evo. Used it on the paint and Quickview on the glass. The glass is still holding pretty strong but the Cancoat is getting weak. Applied back in July and have driven probably 20K miles since..

That said, I have heard that Cancoat is a good "topper" for MOHS. Maybe a little more durable than Skin?

IMG_0770.jpeg

When it was fresh, the beading was INSANE. Good stuff..
6FCA2B24-15DB-4ACA-B897-B141E242A3F1.jpeg

As for chosing Gyeon, no worries there. It was definitely at the top of my list for sure. I love Gyeon products. Just thought I would try something different, I have NV products too so keeping it in the family with NV Nova won't be a problem :)

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

cancoat.png

I'm positive you will have your car coated in spring before I get my S650 that's been on order for 17-months now, will likely be a two-year order to delivery. :frown: So I suspect you will be telling me about the application process of Mohs.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I love Gyeon products. Just thought I would try something different
I completely understand, Alex, we are all on the lookout for "more better." :=) But, after spending many days prepping and polishing for my first coat of CQuartz, I figured I would ask the Master Detailer to see what he recommends.

Chances are, most of us will only apply a ceramic coating maybe three times in the life of the vehicle and I didn't want to select the product based on just reading descriptions. I'd much rather have real world results and who better to ask than @DFB5.0, right? <grinning>

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I'm positive you will have your car coated in spring before I get my S650 that's been on order for 17-months now, will likely be a two-year order to delivery. :frown: So I suspect you will be telling me about the application process of Mohs.
I"m looking forward to it. However I did order NV Nova :) MOHS was a top contender, but something about the way Sandro presented it got me :)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I'm positive you will have your car coated in spring before I get my S650 that's been on order for 17-months now, will likely be a two-year order to delivery.
Holy crap, D..SEVENTEEN MONTHS! And, I didn't know you had one on order (or, as usual, forgot.) <grin>

So I suspect you will be telling me about the application process of Mohs.
Too funny my friend but if that turns out to be the case, I'll be happy to give you the gouge on Mohs. (for non-Navy types, "gouge" is "the inside scoop or cheat sheet. <BSEG>)

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Holy crap, D..SEVENTEEN MONTHS! And, I didn't know you had one on order (or, as usual, forgot.) <grin>

Too funny my friend but if that turns out to be the case, I'll be happy to give you the gouge on Mohs. (for non-Navy types, "gouge" is "the inside scoop or cheat sheet. <BSEG>)
If I said I've been waiting two years for a car, you might be thinking I'd ordered a Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin. But no, I've been waiting 17 months for a bloody Ford! A mass-produced Ford.

What annoys me most about this whole S650 order, apart from waiting so long with absolutely no communication from Ford and the inflated pricing (wanna guess what a Mustang GT with Magneride costs here), is that instead of getting stuck into building RHD Mustangs for export and knowing that they are actually going to people who have pre-ordered and waited patiently, Ford have prioritized building LHD Mustang's that end up sitting unsold on dealer lots in the US without a confirmed buyer.

It just seems like the path of least resistance with Ford, they make the easiest and cheapest decisions, and screw the rest. That's why we don't get Explorer, Maverick, Bronco and Bronco Sport despite there being a lot of brand recognition for those models outside the USA, and especially in Australia where we actually built Bronco's at one point alongside Falcon.

Nothing else interests me on the market, if it wasn't for that, I would have cancelled my order and told Ford to get stuffed. And I say that as a loyal customer and supporter of the brand for 25 years.

Sorry, way off topic, but as you can probably tell, I've lost patience.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, way off topic, but as you can probably tell, I've lost patience.
And rightfully so, I would say, D, but I agree wholeheartedly with Ford's poor showing down under. Without a doubt, cost is the Prime Directive as you said and as we all know, cheap decisions lead to lousy performance. Shameful is what it is and I sincerely hope the wait is not much longer.

BTW, what color did you order and, which GT package if I may ask?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
And rightfully so, I would say, D, but I agree wholeheartedly with Ford's poor showing down under. Without a doubt, cost is the Prime Directive as you said and as we all know, cheap decisions lead to lousy performance. Shameful is what it is and I sincerely hope the wait is not much longer.

BTW, what color did you order and, which GT package if I may ask?
All Australian market GT's are fully loaded, so the Performance Pack and Premium trim level are standard. Only options are transmission, Magneride, Recaro's, a Black Pack and an Appearance Pack (stripes, spoiler). No choice of wheels, no choice of interior color.

I ordered a Race Red GT with the Black Pack (black badges, painted black roof, black wheels, black headlights), 10-speed auto and Magneride (which comes with red calipers). Was going to do Recaro's too but was talked out of it.

Should look like this, minus the spoiler.......................

s650202.jpg

rr301.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
..so the Performance Pack and Premium trim level are standard.
I guess that's either a good thing or not, D, depending on what you wanted. If the options weren't crazy expensive, I'm thinking that's what you wanted anyway, yes?

I ordered a Race Red GT with the Black Pack
Clearly, (like myself,) you are partial to RED! <smiling> I think the examples look fantastic and the Black Pack really brings some killer contrast. Love it.

1707398792237.png

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
All Australian market GT's are fully loaded, so the Performance Pack and Premium trim level are standard. Only options are transmission, Magneride, Recaro's, a Black Pack and an Appearance Pack (stripes, spoiler). No choice of wheels, no choice of interior color.

I ordered a Race Red GT with the Black Pack (black badges, painted black roof, black wheels, black headlights), 10-speed auto and Magneride (which comes with red calipers). Was going to do Recaro's too but was talked out of it.

Should look like this, minus the spoiler.......................

s650202.jpg

rr301.jpg
That sounds like an awesome spec :). My S550 is spec pretty much the same and I love it. 10R80, Magride, GT Premium Performance Pack, Active exhaust. Only option I didn't get was Recaro's and B&O. I like the premium leather heated and cooled seats though. The cooling especially when it's swampy outside is amazing :) I did have to black my own badges though but not a big deal.
Sponsored