P&S Bead maker

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Learned about it here but wanted to post a quick update and say this stuff is insane...Just washed and did my wifes 8 year old Rogue and its insane. You can see yourself in detail and it fells like glass.

If you haven't tried it you should, I also mixed it with 10% dream maker and used Dream maker for a extra shine.
Sponsored

dstanky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP California Special
Learned about it here but wanted to post a quick update and say this stuff is insane...Just washed and did my wifes 8 year old Rogue and its insane. You can see yourself in detail and it fells like glass.

If you haven't tried it you should, I also mixed it with 10% dream maker and used Dream maker for a extra shine.
Love the stuff

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I agree. The slickness and gloss is amazing. Doesn't last very long but is very nice for an after wash wipe down to keep things slick between washes. And I recently mixed mine 10% Dream Maker as well. Can't tell much difference yet but have only used once since I mixed it up.

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I agree. The slickness and gloss is amazing. Doesn't last very long but is very nice for an after wash wipe down to keep things slick between washes. And I recently mixed mine 10% Dream Maker as well. Can't tell much difference yet but have only used once since I mixed it up.
I read it can build up and to use dream maker on top of it.
I did notice the 2nd coat of bead maker on her car was kind of building up and I had to polish a little harder to get it off

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I did notice the 2nd coat of bead maker on her car was kind of building up and I had to polish a little harder to get it off
It can build up but as I said doesn't last long so I use it after most washes as a drying aid usually. Heavy application for the initial install on dry paint, to get a base laid down, then sparingly on wet paint therafter for me, it dilutes down enough with the water to keep the buildup down but makes the drying towel glide more easily to keep marring at bay.

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Anyone compare Beadmaker to Adams Slick n Slide?
Just got some to try out. I have heard it is awesome, gonna use it next time I dry my ride. Have been doing rinseless washing lately due to the colder weather.

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Just got some to try out. I have heard it is awesome, gonna use it next time I dry my ride. Have been doing rinseless washing lately due to the colder weather.
Let us know how it does.

2fordsal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2008 Gt500 vert,2014 V6 prem. Vert
When you rinse less wash, use Slick n slide to dry, or Bead Maker even. You will love it!

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Two things to look at -

First, try using less product after the initial base coat. Either one or two sprays per section, or apply it to you towel and wipe.

Secondly, how old are your towels? If they are on the older side, they can become hydrophobic and push product around rather than distributing and absorbing the excess. Also, Bead Maker is know to be a towel destroyer. The best way to combat that is to wash the towels without delay to prevent the Bead Maker from drying and setting up in the fibres. Using Rag's to Riches as the detergent also helps break down the polymers, which will prolong the life of the towel.

P&S Detail Products - Rags to Riches | The Rag Company

More on towel care here -

Microfiber Towel Care | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Anyone compare Beadmaker to Adams Slick n Slide?
Slipstream is catalog product manufactured by B&B blending that is sold under a number of different brands. This includes Adam's Slick n Slide, Ethos Pro Shine, Obsessed Garage Drying Aid and Extreme Solutions Topper, but I'm positive there are more that we don't know of. All share a base formulation with minor variances between the two -

Slick n Slide - yellow in colour with a "Hawaiian Punch" scent. Interesting to note, Adam's intially made a point of say that this product was NOT SUITABLE as a drying aid. I see they are now suggesting it can in fact be used as a drying aid, and I have been doing so for years now.
Adam's Slick & Slide - Adam's Polishes (adamspolishes.com)

IMG-4689.jpg

Ethos Pro Shine - purple in colour with "mulberry plum" scent.
Ceramic Detail Spray - Quick Detailer, Streak Free Formula! (ethoscarcare.com)

IMG-9069.jpg

Obsessed Garage Drying Aid - colorless and without a scent, this was done to make the product more stable and not cause potential staining issues brought on my the colorant. (My bottles of Pro Shine and Slick n Slide have both stained the bottles they are in.)
Drying Aid | Car Paint Protectant | Obsessed Garage

IMG-0893.jpg

IMG-4688.jpg

Extreme Solutions Topper - pink in color, scent unknown.
Xtreme Solutions (877askxtreme.com)

topper.png

In each case, these are polymer paint sealants with some mild Si02 within the formula. They can be used across all exterior surfaces and work well with any base layer of protection, be that a wax, sealant, ceramic sealant or ceramic coating. The key hallmarks are the gloss and slickness they create, while also being very easy to apply in a spray and wipe fashion. All can be used as a standalone paint sealant with about 2 to 3 months protection, but are mostly used as a topper and drying aid on existing protection.

So how do these compare to Bead Maker. Firstly, none of them quite match Bead Maker for gloss and slickness, but then not much does. However, they do tend to be easier to apply, requiring less follow up wiping. For example, I can get around a large sedan or medium truck with the use of only one towel. You also use far less product per panel than Bead Maker, usually one or two sprays per panel.

Which one to choose? I prefer the OG version as it doesn't have that staining potential, be that on lighter colored cars or towels. And which between Bead Maker and the Slick n Slide/Pro Shine/Drying Aid/Topper? Considering I'm a gloss and slickness junkie, I would and do gravitate towards Bead Maker. But it's extremely close, they are all winners.

vinny89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LaFlamaBlanca
Vehicle(s)
2023 Iconic Silver GT PP
Love the Beadmaker. My car gets washed once a week generally and it gets a coat of this after each wash. I enjoy the scent with my post car wash beers.