Sponsored

P&S Dream Maker

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have no self control over detailing products. Did I need to try yet another drying aid? No! Did I want want to satisfy my curiosity? Yes! 😁

First, a little back story to this product. When P&S released Bead Maker a few years ago, it was lauded for it's gloss and slickness. It also added an additional layer to your existing paint protection or could be used as a standalone paint sealant. It's main use was as a drying aid after washing.

While Bead Maker has many advantages, some found it hard to work with, streaking and dust attraction being the main offenders. I will note that I did not experience these traits. It was concluded that the frequent use of this product as a drying aid meant that it was causing a build up of the product over time. A protection for the protection for the protection for the protection type of situation, causing the product to streak.

The solution to this issue, for those who use Bead Maker so frequently, was to come up with a product that had the qualities of Bead Maker without it's quirks. Dream Maker is the result.

Dream Maker is a pure gloss enhancer with no protective qualities. It's designed to provide increased gloss and slickness without the layering issues of adding a protectant after each wash. Dream Maker will basically wash off after each wash. It can be used on a wet or dry vehicle, it's main use for me will be as a drying aid.

So having said all that, does that mean Bead Maker is obsolete? No, not at all. I see Bead Maker being an important product to have to use on cars that don't get a weekly pampering. I can also see me alternating between Bead Maker and Dream Maker.

The Rag Company also launched a pink version of their FTW drying towel to coincide with the launch of Dream Maker. Of course I fell for that as well! :giggle: Down with gender stereotypes, I'm going to rock these pink towels with verve! :sunglasses:

IMG-1437.jpg

I got a dud sprayer head with my bottle so I decanted it into a Kwazar bottle, I was going to that anyway.

IMG-1442.jpg

The application of this product is like any other drying aid, spritz a few sprays onto a panel, wipe with a towel and follow up with a secondary towel. You will want a smaller than normal drying towel for this method, like these 16 x 16 FTW's or even the medium Gauntlet's.

Now, I have used more of these type of products that I care to admit, so I wasn't expecting to blown away. All of these products main claim to fame is gloss enhancement. But the finished result is pretty impressive, it certainly does what it says on the bottle!

IMG-1444.jpg

IMG-1445.jpg

Due to the highly volatile weather out today, poring rain one minute then sunshine the next, I didn't get any natural light images. However I don't think I have seen the Jag this glossy before.

IMG-1448.jpg

IMG-1450.jpg

So if you have a good base layer of protection on your vehicle, I think there is value in using a product like Dream Maker, perhaps alternating with another protective product.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've gone through a couple of small beadmaker bottles myself, but was reluctant to use it too often due to the layering issues you describe.

So is this P&S' first "detail spray"? I've not really got into their whole product line, but from what you describe it seems that this is their detail spray, despite the name. Wouldn't that make them late to the party?!

I personally switch between Adams spray wax and detail spray for my maintenance washes, then when I'm feeling fancy, I'll use the spray on guard and gloss sealant for a bit more durability. But this P&S combo could be a winner too, I was impressed with beadmaker when I was using it.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I've gone through a couple of small beadmaker bottles myself, but was reluctant to use it too often due to the layering issues you describe.

So is this P&S' first "detail spray"? I've not really got into their whole product line, but from what you describe it seems that this is their detail spray, despite the name. Wouldn't that make them late to the party?!

I personally switch between Adams spray wax and detail spray for my maintenance washes, then when I'm feeling fancy, I'll use the spray on guard and gloss sealant for a bit more durability. But this P&S combo could be a winner too, I was impressed with beadmaker when I was using it.
P&S have sold a quick detailer for a while and is called Paint Gloss.
https://theragcompany.com/collectio...l-products-paint-gloss-showroom-spray-n-shine

p-spg100.jpg

Paint Gloss as a quick detailer / detail spray has some mild cleaning ability as well as increasing gloss.

Dream Maker is a pure gloss enhancer.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have no self control over detailing products. Did I need to try yet another drying aid? No! Did I want want to satisfy my curiosity? Yes! 😁

First, a little back story to this product. When P&S released Bead Maker a few years ago, it was lauded for it's gloss and slickness. It also added an additional layer to your existing paint protection or could be used as a standalone paint sealant. It's main use was as a drying aid after washing.

While Bead Maker has many advantages, some found it hard to work with, streaking and dust attraction being the main offenders. I will note that I did not experience these traits. It was concluded that the frequent use of this product as a drying aid meant that it was causing a build up of the product over time. A protection for the protection for the protection for the protection type of situation, causing the product to streak.

The solution to this issue, for those who use Bead Maker so frequently, was to come up with a product that had the qualities of Bead Maker without it's quirks. Dream Maker is the result.

Dream Maker is a pure gloss enhancer with no protective qualities. It's designed to provide increased gloss and slickness without the layering issues of adding a protectant after each wash. Dream Maker will basically wash off after each wash. It can be used on a wet or dry vehicle, it's main use for me will be as a drying aid.

So having said all that, does that mean Bead Maker is obsolete? No, not at all. I see Bead Maker being an important product to have to use on cars that don't get a weekly pampering. I can also see me alternating between Bead Maker and Dream Maker.

The Rag Company also launched a pink version of their FTW drying towel to coincide with the launch of Dream Maker. Of course I fell for that as well! :giggle: Down with gender stereotypes, I'm going to rock these pink towels with verve! :sunglasses:

IMG-1437.jpg

I got a dud sprayer head with my bottle so I decanted it into a Kwazar bottle, I was going to that anyway.

IMG-1442.jpg

The application of this product is like any other drying aid, spritz a few sprays onto a panel, wipe with a towel and follow up with a secondary towel. You will want a smaller than normal drying towel for this method, like these 16 x 16 FTW's or even the medium Gauntlet's.

Now, I have used more of these type of products that I care to admit, so I wasn't expecting to blown away. All of these products main claim to fame is gloss enhancement. But the finished result is pretty impressive, it certainly does what it says on the bottle!

IMG-1444.jpg

IMG-1445.jpg

Due to the highly volatile weather out today, poring rain one minute then sunshine the next, I didn't get any natural light images. However I don't think I have seen the Jag this glossy before.

IMG-1448.jpg

IMG-1450.jpg

So if you have a good base layer of protection on your vehicle, I think there is value in using a product like Dream Maker, perhaps alternating with another protective product.
Just bought some NV Lustre to try for it’s reported high gloss so will resist buying another glossing product for the moment.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

I've definitely got the buildup issue on the convertible, as it literally gets washed, dried with Beadmaker, and put under a cover in the garage for long stretches. Very little happens to this car to wear down the sealer, beyond getting incredibly dusty when taken on drives and parked at work occasionally, where it will again get washed and Beadmaker is just piling up. It is streaking pretty bad, so I started skipping applications.

DAMN YOU DFB5.0 for bringing another product to my attention. THERE'S NO ROOM LEFT ON MY DETAILING SHELF FOR THIS! But you know I'll order it. :cool:

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

IMG-1437.jpg

IMG-1442.jpg

IMG-1444.jpg

IMG-1445.jpg

IMG-1448.jpg

IMG-1450.jpg

As you use drying aids, just wondering about your drying technique? Presumably you mainly towel dry your cars rather than blow dry them as I don't see how you can use drying aids with a blower?

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Just bought some NV Lustre to try for it’s reported high gloss so will resist buying another glossing product for the moment.
NV Lustre is an excellent product, gloss and slickness are exceptional.

As an application tip, make sure the panels are cool, especially the bonnet. I have found that with the radiant heat of the engine, it can make the application of Lustre a bit finicky.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I've definitely got the buildup issue on the convertible, as it literally gets washed, dried with Beadmaker, and put under a cover in the garage for long stretches. Very little happens to this car to wear down the sealer, beyond getting incredibly dusty when taken on drives and parked at work occasionally, where it will again get washed and Beadmaker is just piling up. It is streaking pretty bad, so I started skipping applications.

DAMN YOU DFB5.0 for bringing another product to my attention. THERE'S NO ROOM LEFT ON MY DETAILING SHELF FOR THIS! But you know I'll order it. :cool:
Shelf!? Get yourself a cabinet....................... or two! :crackup: 🤪

dec221.jpg

IMG-8993.jpg

IMG-0327.jpg

Warning though, you will end up running out of space soon enough. :facepalm:🤪

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
As you use drying aids, just wondering about your drying technique? Presumably you mainly towel dry your cars rather than blow dry them as I don't see how you can use drying aids with a blower?
This is a good question as methods on drying cars are many and varied.

For me, I use my blower to remove the bulk of the water, paying particular attention around wing mirrors, grills and wheels to prevent dripping. I then follow up with a towel/s and a drying aid, this mops up any remaining moisture and adds additional gloss to the paint.

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
This is a good question as methods on drying cars are many and varied.

For me, I use my blower to remove the bulk of the water, paying particular attention around wing mirrors, grills and wheels to prevent dripping. I then follow up with a towel/s and a drying aid, this mops up any remaining moisture and adds additional gloss to the paint.
ok. We basically do the same thing but as the car is basically dry I see the spray more as a final detail rather than a drying aid but same diff. Cheers

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Shelf!? Get yourself a cabinet....................... or two! :crackup: 🤪

dec221.jpg

IMG-8993.jpg

IMG-0327.jpg

Warning though, you will end up running out of space soon enough. :facepalm:🤪
I like your coloured container. Mind sharing where you get them ?

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I like your coloured container. Mind sharing where you get them ?
I'm assuming you are referring to the colored sprayers?

Those are Kwazar Mercury Super 360 double action sprayers.

https://detailingshed.com.au/collec...cts/kwazar-mercury-360?variant=19230823219257
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/kwazar/products/kwazar-mercury-super-360-pro-500ml-1l

IMG-8181.jpg

These sprayers as mentioned double spray, as in they spray on both squeeze and release. This offers double the flow of a conventional sprayer. Also, the 360 part of the name refers to the weighted tube (circled yellow below), allowing the sprayer to work at any angle.

kms360.jpg

These come in both 1 litre and 500 ml sizes. I have a preference for the smaller bottle as the larger ones when full are a touch heavy.

1 litre bottles I use with APC and a general quick detailer.

43f.jpg

https://postimg.cc/GTFMZPDs

The smaller 500 ml size I have with a range of products in them in.

IMG-0256.jpg

I tend to decant products from their original cheap and nasty bottles into the Kwazar's. If you have a particular product you use very often, a good quality bottle like these will be a wise investment.

IMG-1442.jpg

You can also buy spares should they be needed.
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/kwazar
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/spray-bottles/products/mercury-super-360-replacement-head

A word of caution though, some very high pH products like certain wheel cleaners or APC's tend to ruin these sprayers. For such products, I use Kwazar NIX HD Solvent sprayers. Most products are fine though, including glass cleaner, trim dressings, interior cleaners and detail sprays.

For me, these Kwazar sprayers are in my cabinet for functionality as well as for their aesthetic qualities. Highly recommended!

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm assuming you are referring to the colored sprayers?

Those are Kwazar Mercury Super 360 double action sprayers.

https://detailingshed.com.au/collec...cts/kwazar-mercury-360?variant=19230823219257
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/kwazar/products/kwazar-mercury-super-360-pro-500ml-1l

IMG-8181.jpg

These sprayers as mentioned double spray, as in they spray on both squeeze and release. This offers double the flow of a conventional sprayer. Also, the 360 part of the name refers to the weighted tube (circled yellow below), allowing the sprayer to work at any angle.

kms360.jpg

These come in both 1 litre and 500 ml sizes. I have a preference for the smaller bottle as the larger ones when full are a touch heavy.

1 litre bottles I use with APC and a general quick detailer.

43f.jpg

https://postimg.cc/GTFMZPDs

The smaller 500 ml size I have with a range of products in them in.

IMG-0256.jpg

I tend to decant products from their original cheap and nasty bottles into the Kwazar's. If you have a particular product you use very often, a good quality bottle like these will be a wise investment.

IMG-1442.jpg

You can also buy spares should they be needed.
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/kwazar
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/spray-bottles/products/mercury-super-360-replacement-head

A word of caution though, some very high pH products like certain wheel cleaners or APC's tend to ruin these sprayers. For such products, I use Kwazar NIX HD Solvent sprayers. Most products are fine though, including glass cleaner, trim dressings, interior cleaners and detail sprays.

For me, these Kwazar sprayers are in my cabinet for functionality as well as for their aesthetic qualities. Highly recommended!
Sorry. I should have been clearer. I mean the green and blur storage container. 15 or 20ltrs looks like.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback