Sponsored

Oil Catch Cans

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I see, Im just little confused to why its needed and its not there from the factory. If ruins your engine it would be covered under powertrain warranty anyhow.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JollyWrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Funny that, 80% Passanger Side 20% Driver, so personally 1% is too much, you need one either side of the V for a good job, it's a must on both sides, so hopefully something can be made up

OP
OP

JollyWrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
WOW just looked at the UPR Can, very impresse, wouldn't buy anything else! :amen:

Still one question, what about the other side haha

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I see, Im just little confused to why its needed and its not there from the factory. If ruins your engine it would be covered under powertrain warranty anyhow.
Do you think the average person who owns a car knows how to check a catch can, or knows anything about it? The average person can barely figure out when to take their car to Jiffy Lube.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Since the 5.0 is port injection, the fuel washes down the valves anyway. IMO a catch can is mostly for cosmetics and peace of mind.

On a direct injection engine (like the EB), there is no fuel to wash off the valves, and that does allow the oil vapors to leave carbon deposits on the valves, which can restrict airflow and hinder performance. On a DI engine I can see real benefits from using a catch can.

They aren't included stock because they would be an inconvenience for the end user, and the MFR's don't see the benefit in forcing the user to check the can, dispose of the oil, etc. Plus then you'd have all the questions about whether the can was catching enough or too much, etc.

-T

Sponsored

OP
OP

JollyWrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Is there anyway the UPR can can be reverse fitted? I love the can but want it on both sides, what options do I have?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I love the easy install of the JlT oil separator, however they only do a passenger side...wtf

Is there a set for both sides? I don't want to start cutting pipes unless I have too,

Before everyone states figure I know the passenger side is 80% an the drivers is 20% but I want both sides either way
The hose going to the driver's side valve cover is the fresh air line. Fresh air goes down that hose from the intake tube and washes through the engine. The dirty side comes out the passenger's side valve cover.

Only engines that might need a catch-can on that hose are forced induction engines (turbo, supercharger).

OP
OP

JollyWrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Forced induction was on the list :D

Is there a UPR set?

Last edited:

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Is there anyway the UPR can can be reverse fitted? I love the can but want it on both sides, what options do I have?
We can make a UPR one custom to collect from both sides. We are UPR Distributors and do custom setups quite a bit. If you have plans of forced induction down the line the hose routing would be different than for the Naturally Aspirated setup.

OP
OP

JollyWrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
If we can work something out that sounds like a plan!

Sponsored

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
UPR Clean Side Separator Split Chamber System

We can make a UPR one custom to collect from both sides. We are UPR Distributors and do custom setups quite a bit. If you have plans of forced induction down the line the hose routing would be different than for the Naturally Aspirated setup.

Here is what the guys at MAK requested and we put a new system together for the Drivers Side / Clean Side of all Boosted and Non-Boosted Mustang applications.

This is a completely new system we have developed to be able to control the oil and return it to the engine as needed to eliminate maintenance and make the system a more quality setup.

We have been in the process of patenting the Utility function of this product and could not release it until the patent applications were filed. We have been working on this system for the last 9 months to be sure it's perfect.

Last edited:

bew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP
I put something together using this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003C0173E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Both sides feed into the catch can, which then just vents out. Since the ProCharger kit plumbs the IMRC into the driverside PCV, I just ran the IMRC directly to the filter inlet so that I can keep the IMRC intact.

In the process of re-tuning my car with ID1000s, BAP, and this catch-can setup. With the stock plumbing I was experiencing a TERRIBLE amount of blow-by.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
UPR FTW

silver.gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver gt
I have a upr catch can, I checked the clean side line going back to the motor and I can see oil on it like if some still goes thru. Is that normal or is some thing wrong with mine?