Sponsored

FORD PERFORMANCE CATCH CANS

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I added the FRPP catch can to the passenger side of my 5.0 back in January....I added the Driver's side (GT350 catch can) in February...at that time, I drained the Passenger side, and saw a tiny bit of oil...I waited a couple thousand miles, and, once again, drained the passenger side, slightly more oil, and at that time, attempted to drain the driver's side...not a drop.

I waited five thousand miles, changed the oil, and drained both cans...The Passenger side was nearly full...I drained off what I estimate to be nearly an ounce from the passenger side, and once again, not a drop from the driver's side...

Does anyone with a drivers side catch can ever see anything in there at all? Would the Shelby accumulate more oil on the drivers side for some reason not applicable to the Coyote?
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
It's not likely that you will catch much of anything, if anything at all on the DS. Mainly due to the direction of flow under most driving conditions. Air is being pulled out of the passenger side head, and being fed into the drivers side head. Basically, in on the DS, and out on the PS.

turbosc297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
My Ford perf can catches about 2oz every 1000 miles, no can on the drivers side

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Check the passages/nipples on the catch can. One member attempted install on his GT350 and the nipple was nearly molded shut. If you happen to find this, it's an easy fix, just scrape the molding flash out and you're good to go.
Sponsored