Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I am reposting this info because it got buried:

To enable Lincoln black theme with Forscan:
First line has to be set to Lincoln (8)
Leave Mustang animation as is (6)
Lincoln Timeless is the only code that worked to change the theme (2)

7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx
7D0-02-01 xxxx x6xx xxxx
7D0-03-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx

After your APIM restarts you can go to display settings and chose NIGHT mode. Go look at the background colors and pick your favorite shade.

Here is a photo from my car:
Curious as I made the change, but the clock is beige (guessing some type of Lincoln color) and things like the home button when on the home screen and the volume slider are also beige. only happens on night mode. Your's appears to be white?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Curious as I made the change, but the clock is beige (guessing some type of Lincoln color) and things like the home button when on the home screen and the volume slider are also beige. only happens on night mode. Your's appears to be white?
Mine is beige too. My camera didn't capture the color very well.

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally got around to trying my wife's Pixel 3, so again Android Auto and unless both our phones are messed up, it's the SYNC/dash that's not working right.

See my pictures of what I get, that stupid "-- min" for time remaining (and no distance in km), despite the AA being in automatic units (in US miles automatically, changing Maps to "miles" manually didn't make a difference).

Can ANYONE please post a picture of what your digital cluster looks like with AA and/or CarPlay and using Google Maps or Waze? I'm curious how much different mine is. Along with recommendations of what I can do to fix, can I even reinstall the same version?

20210121_222611.jpg
I updated today to SYNC3 v3.4.20282 and my display looks the same as you have pictured there.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I updated today to SYNC3 v3.4.20282 and my display looks the same as you have pictured there.
So that's how it looks for you in Android Auto huh?
I think I've since tried it and Waze actually doesn't put navi in the cluster, just Google Maps.

It seems like a a weird glitch, but I think we are in the minority, it works for others...

doubledeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2017 F150 XLT, 2012 HD Road Glide
So I finally got around to trying my wife's Pixel 3, so again Android Auto and unless both our phones are messed up, it's the SYNC/dash that's not working right.

See my pictures of what I get, that stupid "-- min" for time remaining (and no distance in km), despite the AA being in automatic units (in US miles automatically, changing Maps to "miles" manually didn't make a difference).

Can ANYONE please post a picture of what your digital cluster looks like with AA and/or CarPlay and using Google Maps or Waze? I'm curious how much different mine is. Along with recommendations of what I can do to fix, can I even reinstall the same version?

20210121_222611.jpg
I am also on v3.4.20282(non nav), Waze/Google Maps via CarPlay still does not display in the digital cluster, Android Auto looks just like yours in the cluster.

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
So that's how it looks for you in Android Auto huh?
I think I've since tried it and Waze actually doesn't put navi in the cluster, just Google Maps.

It seems like a a weird glitch, but I think we are in the minority, it works for others...
Yes, Android Auto, Google Maps, and a Pixel 3 XL

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Seems like all of us have 2019 MYs correct?
Seems that way so far. I unfortunately don't seem to have a way to add a poll into an established conversation.
So far I see:
  • @Bit_the_Bullitt - 2019 MY Bullitt, Android Auto, tried S9 and Pixel 3
  • @Laserbrain - 2019 MY GT Premium, Android Auto, phone ___?
  • @doubledeee - 2015 MY GT, Android Auto, phone ___?, I think you get a small helper screen (not dig dash, right)?
  • @Bowdy - 2019 MY GT, I assume AA, phone ___?

So far that appears to be 3x 2019s with digital dash and one 2015 with what I assume is a helper screen (the smaller one, but still Sync 3).

Bowdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2, 401a
Seems that way so far. I unfortunately don't seem to have a way to add a poll into an established conversation.
So far I see:
  • @doubledeee - 2015 MY GT, Android Auto, phone ___?, I think you get a small helper screen (not dig dash, right)?

So far that appears to be 3x 2019s with digital dash and one 2015 with what I assume is a helper screen (the smaller one, but still Sync 3).
I went doubledeees post history and he did a sync3 swap and digital cluster install himself. I have a funny feeling it's 2019 hardware.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I went doubledeees post history and he did a sync3 swap and digital cluster install himself. I have a funny feeling it's 2019 hardware.
Ah! Good research sir! And yea, you might be right. Is this something we should submit to our dealers as warranty thing? I don't know how much I want my dash taken apart to possibly replace things, it'll be creak city then.

Can anyone with a functioning Android Auto, digital cluster and full Maps information post what theirs looks like, so we can compare and potential show dealers? My car is currently at a dealer for CEL and oil change, so would love to show them.
Thanks!!

doubledeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2017 F150 XLT, 2012 HD Road Glide
So far I see:

I've got 2015 GT PP Premium originally with SYNC 2/MFT but swapped it for SYNC 3 non-nav last May, then in November I did the digital gauge upgrade so I feel like I have a 19! I have personal iPhone 12 Pro and work phone is Motorola Android.

Digital_gauges.jpg