Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
ok thanks. I will try this later and see.
btw, I did format the USB correctly.
Also, did you unpack these on Windows or OS X? OS X usually needs to have the one tool they recommend used. You structure looks fine though, assuming that's a snap of the root / top level. You should plug in, then see the Updating... drop down at the top.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I am using windows 10.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Try the Wi-Fi method if you can. Should get you what you need.
The car after a WiFi connection :

1610971702064.jpeg

Fords update system after a 24 hour wait :

1610971883451.png

I don’t think my car and ford U.K. are friends ... lol

Any other ideas ? :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:

Bowdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2, 401a
Gotcha. Would be interested to see if anyone with Carplay has the same issues.

I'm guessing this is Sync issue, since you're essentially not running the built-in nav, so updating maps shouldn't make much difference. It happened with 3.4 update for me, before then it wasn't a function obviously, only on the center screen.
I'm curious, what kind of phone do you have? I have a galaxy s9

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Dang. SAME.
I've had some weird Bluetooth issues with this phone in the past, definitely my least favorite Samsung so far.
I'm guessing this is NOT a coincidence we are both having this issue.

I'll test it out with wife's Pixel 3 today and report back.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
well, I re-download the sync 3 update and installed in the mustang went perfectly well. I don't know what happened to the first time I did wrong.

now I am ready to get the map update next.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So I finally got around to trying my wife's Pixel 3, so again Android Auto and unless both our phones are messed up, it's the SYNC/dash that's not working right.

See my pictures of what I get, that stupid "-- min" for time remaining (and no distance in km), despite the AA being in automatic units (in US miles automatically, changing Maps to "miles" manually didn't make a difference).

Can ANYONE please post a picture of what your digital cluster looks like with AA and/or CarPlay and using Google Maps or Waze? I'm curious how much different mine is. Along with recommendations of what I can do to fix, can I even reinstall the same version?

20210121_222611.jpg

musclesoh92467

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
If you have a digital gauge cluster, through Sync3’s apps page Waze now shows turn by turn directions in the gauge cluster, through CarPlay Apple Maps will do so, through Android Auto Google Maps will do so.
Hi I found your post and thought maybe you know the answer... I did the 4 inch screen to sync 3 and also have the digital dash cluster.. i want to update to sync 3.4 . Since my car had the 4 inch screen i cant use my vin at help.ford to get update info for my 2016 mustang.. so I went on car guro and got a vin from a 2019 mustang with same options as mine .do you think this should work ok ? My APIM is a 2018 non nav with apple car play ..the update is 5U5T-14G381-EK. Appreciate any help ...Eric

musclesoh92467

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
If you have a digital gauge cluster, through Sync3’s apps page Waze now shows turn by turn directions in the gauge cluster, through CarPlay Apple Maps will do so, through Android Auto Google Maps will do so.
Hi I found your post and thought maybe you know the answer... I did the 4 inch screen to sync 3 and also have the digital dash cluster.. i want to update to sync 3.4 . Since my car had the 4 inch screen i cant use my vin at help.ford to get update info for my 2016 mustang.. so I went on car guro and got a vin from a 2019 mustang with same options as mine .do you think this should work ok ? My APIM is a 2018 non nav with apple car play ..the update is 5U5T-14G381-EK. Appreciate any help ...Eric
20210125_230001.jpg

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Much easier to go to CyanLabs.com and down load their updater tool. Keeps Ford out of the equation and no bin needed.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Fellow Mustang owners, would you mind taking a picture of your digital cluster with CarPlay navigation on? I would like to see what it looks like compared to AA, since I have the fault showing.

Thanks!

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Looks like you already did it based on your follow-up post, but since you asked, it’s easier to just use CyanLabs :)

Fellow Mustang owners, would you mind taking a picture of your digital cluster with CarPlay navigation on? I would like to see what it looks like compared to AA, since I have the fault showing.

Thanks!
Navigation doesn’t show up in the digital gauge cluster for iOS devices. It’s currently Android exclusive :(

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Navigation doesn’t show up in the digital gauge cluster for iOS devices. It’s currently Android exclusive :(
Ah, makes sense. That's a bit odd, but I think I remember actually reading something about the capability of SYNC/Apple not allowing that, whatever.

Anyway, adjusting my plead - anyone with digital cluster on Android Auto (Waze or Google Maps), would you mind sharing what your cluster looks like in navigation mode?

I so do wish that we got a full time music info screen - on the trip/fuel screen, where you can toggle between tire pressures, current mpgs, trip 1 and trip 2, it would be awesome to see a screen with song name, artist and album. When in Sport or Track mode for the cluster, I keep getting that bar (looks like a notification bar on phones) updating my radio station, since radios now show adds in the infotainment screen too. Fairly distracting and annoying.
I'd think it shouldn't be that difficult to implement with next SYNC update. Where can we upload suggestions to Ford/SYNC teams?