Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
This is the exact problem I've been having "--km"

I installed the 3.4 update, followed by the maps update and it still happens. If anyone knows anything please help, it's driving me nuts.
Glad to know I'm not the only one! Seems this is a very rare problem though, at least judging by lack of other people reporting it.
It is kind of a shame that the imbeded nav has such "advanced" prompts, with that bar running down until your turn and even shows pictures of roundabouts in the cluster, while Android Auto (whether Maps or Waze) shows just left/right and distance to turn.

I wonder, is yours a CarPlay problem, or are you on AA like myself? I don't have an iPhone in my household anymore to test this. I suppose I could try an iPad, but I doubt that is capable of CarPlay integration.

Bowdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2, 401a
Glad to know I'm not the only one! Seems this is a very rare problem though, at least judging by lack of other people reporting it.
It is kind of a shame that the imbeded nav has such "advanced" prompts, with that bar running down until your turn and even shows pictures of roundabouts in the cluster, while Android Auto (whether Maps or Waze) shows just left/right and distance to turn.

I wonder, is yours a CarPlay problem, or are you on AA like myself? I don't have an iPhone in my household anymore to test this. I suppose I could try an iPad, but I doubt that is capable of CarPlay integration.
Android Auto as well. Anyone else have this issue and able to resolve it? I tried reinstalling the maps update but it immediately says update installed as soon as I put in the usb stick.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Somebody asked if there was a file to upload to Ford on the latest update, and the answer is yes. I had to upload it after the update was done, and it was there. Hope this helps.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Android Auto as well. Anyone else have this issue and able to resolve it? I tried reinstalling the maps update but it immediately says update installed as soon as I put in the usb stick.
Gotcha. Would be interested to see if anyone with Carplay has the same issues.

I'm guessing this is Sync issue, since you're essentially not running the built-in nav, so updating maps shouldn't make much difference. It happened with 3.4 update for me, before then it wasn't a function obviously, only on the center screen.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
When you update the sync3 , what going on with the screen?
I downloaded the sync3 updated version onto the usb. Started the car and put the usb in. Only 1 pop up said 1 usb detected and that it. How do i even know if it is doing the update or not?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
After a minute or two, it shows something like 'updating software' on top of the screen.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
After a minute or two, it shows something like 'updating software' on top of the screen.
I guess I am doing something wrong then cause I never got that message.

can you or somebody post a screen shot of the usb flash drive of all the files supposed to look like after you eject it from the computer?
I feel like a dummy asking this

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
I guess I am doing something wrong then cause I never got that message.

can you or somebody post a screen shot of the usb flash drive of all the files supposed to look like after you eject it from the computer?
I feel like a dummy asking this
Check that you have the files in the right structure on the drive. It sounds like it’s indexing perhaps which would mean they’re not correct. Should be the SyncMyRide folder with the packages and then the don’t index MSA and installer at the top level. There should be an example screenshot on the owner site where you download the initial zip.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
fordpass and sync owner account are the same right?

this is what i have in my usb:

1610899681480.png

the next steps are what confuse me:

The files inside the SyncMyRide folder should not be unzipped.

Step 2
: Select all of the items inside the unzipped folder.

Step 3: Drag and drop them onto your flash drive. Do not combine or delete any of the files.

Step 4: After the folder and file(s) have been successfully extracted to your flash drive, safely eject the flash drive from your computer.

step 2: said to select all of the items inside the unzipped folder, but the message in bold said don't unzipped the SyncMyride folder.

is it mean to open the syncmyride folder and copy only those files to the usb?
do I need to copy the autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.msa to the usb too?

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
fordpass and sync owner account are the same right?

this is what i have in my usb:

1610899681480.png

the next steps are what confuse me:

The files inside the SyncMyRide folder should not be unzipped.

Step 2
: Select all of the items inside the unzipped folder.

Step 3: Drag and drop them onto your flash drive. Do not combine or delete any of the files.

Step 4: After the folder and file(s) have been successfully extracted to your flash drive, safely eject the flash drive from your computer.

step 2: said to select all of the items inside the unzipped folder, but the message in bold said don't unzipped the SyncMyride folder.

is it mean to open the syncmyride folder and copy only those files to the usb?
do I need to copy the autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.msa to the usb too?
OK, 1st question. Did you download from the ford site directly to the USB or to a computer. If you downloaded directly to a USB that was your 1st mistake.

https://owner.ford.com/ This is the main Ford site. This is where you should be getting your SYNC updates.

Fordpass is an mobile app. It is not the same as the Ford owner site.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
I did download it to a computer first then I extract and transfer them to the usb like I post earlier.

Fordpass is an mobile app, but I use the same email and password to log into the owner account and it work too I believe. can somebody confirm that fordpass account is same as owner account?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I did download it to a computer first then I extract and transfer them to the usb like I post earlier.

Fordpass is an mobile app, but I use the same email and password to log into the owner account and it work too I believe.
OK then. So the three items you have on the USB are correct.

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 12.35.41 PM.png

Then open up the SyncMyRide file and you should have these files

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 12.35.50 PM.png

If this is all correct. you load the usb, with the engine running. You will get a message as a banner on the you of the screen that the "software is updating. Leave everything alone at that point. Do not touch anything of the banner goes away. It does stop the download, but it is comforting to see it.

After about a 1/2 hour a message comes up to stop and restart your car (or something like that). DO NOTHING!!! The system will pause and then restart. After a few more moments you get the download complete screen. Just let that stay there for awhile just to make sure. I usually wait five minutes or so. Then turn off the engine, open the door, wait a moment and then start her up. Go into settings and check your Sync version and build #.

Once all is good go back to your computer, put in the USB, check for the xlm file and head back to the owner site and upload it.

By the way you did format the USB correctly, right?

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
OK then. So the three items you have on the USB are correct.

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 12.35.41 PM.png

Then open up the SyncMyRide file and you should have these files

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 12.35.50 PM.png

If this is all correct. you load the usb, with the engine running. You will get a message as a banner on the you of the screen that the "software is updating. Leave everything alone at that point. Do not touch anything of the banner goes away. It does stop the download, but it is comforting to see it.

After about a 1/2 hour a message comes up to stop and restart your car (or something like that). DO NOTHING!!! The system will pause and then restart. After a few more moments you get the download complete screen. Just let that stay there for awhile just to make sure. I usually wait five minutes or so. Then turn off the engine, open the door, wait a moment and then start her up. Go into settings and check your Sync version and build #.

Once all is good go back to your computer, put in the USB, check for the xlm file and head back to the owner site and upload it.

By the way you did format the USB correctly, right?
so I just need ONLY these files in the usb?
1610907034216.png

then I need to delete autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.MSA?

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
No, leave everything. Just wanted to make sure you had all the files under SyncMyRide.
ok thanks. I will try this later and see.
btw, I did format the USB correctly.