Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
We didn't have that either. No previous map update had generated an XML for me (I used to use the separate generator package). Until today. This is the first time it happened.
I see a few things changed in the new XML in comparison to the previous one, so who knows, maybe it will update Ford's database correctly. We'll see...

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't understand what is the issue. With the Sync 3.4 update, you just download the files, and Ford assumes they were installed on the car correctly, since there's no file to upload back to Ford. With the Maps 1.19 version, I had to upload a file back to Ford from the USB.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
In Europe they won't assume anything was installed correctly until you upload the XML (or, if the automatic wi-fi updates are turned on and happen to work for you, until the car uploads it itself).

Littleredd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT W/PP2
I can't get the map update to install at all After inserting my USB drive the systems says "pimpmyride detected" but then does nothing. For a long time. Actually, it does nothing after that at all.

I'm on 3.4 already, car is a 2020.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I guess "pimpmyride" is the name of the USB stick, that's how its file system volume is labeled. That's OK then, it means it has detected it.
It can take some time for the update package to be detected. Sometimes up to eight or even ten minutes. If there's still no reaction after ten minutes, then maybe something isn't right on the UBS stick. The package must be unpacked directly in the root folder. You'll have two files in the root folder, plus a subfolder called SyncMyRide. And the USB must be formatted as exFAT.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Don't worry, I've done 3 separate USB downloads and one over the air update - all have said they were successful - Ford still says I need an update ... :cwl:

WD :like:

Sunhawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium
SUCCESS, people :D. Got the calm screen, Lincoln MY20 gray theme, and the Pony animation screen, so car looks 100% stock, just like I wanted. Had to play with the freaking code#3 settings, since they're all shuffled, until finally the only gray theme was #2. Maybe the change to Lincoln brand wasn't needed, since I chose several Ford themes inadvertently, with no problems, but left it there. So here are my changes I made:

APIM 7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx To change to Lincoln, and be able to choose Lincoln themes
APIM 7D0-02-03 xCxx xx To enable calm screen on display menu
APIM 7D0-03-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx To enable Lincoln MY20 gray theme

One of you can try just the last 2 settings, and let us know if it works (it should). Hope this helps gang.
JC
I used these settings on my 2020 Mustang Ecoboost running Sync3 version 3.4 and it worked and looks great. Sooo much better than the default blue! But I recently came across a YouTube video where this guy was showing the "Ford GT" theme on his Mustang's Sync and I think I'd like that even better. However, it doesn't seem like this theme exists in Sync 3.4 anymore. Does anybody know it that's the case? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 12.13.05 PM.png

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I used these settings on my 2020 Mustang Ecoboost running Sync3 version 3.4 and it worked and looks great. Sooo much better than the default blue! But I recently came across a YouTube video where this guy was showing the "Ford GT" theme on his Mustang's Sync and I think I'd like that even better. However, it doesn't seem like this theme exists in Sync 3.4 anymore. Does anybody know it that's the case? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 12.13.05 PM.png
Ford removed this theme from Sync 3 ver 3.4. So yeah, can't use it if you go up to 3.4.

Sunhawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
With people's update, are you guys able to scroll through all 15 or 18 preset stations on Sync 3.4 via steering wheel buttons?
My Bullitt is at a dealer getting a seat replaced, but I got a 2020 Escape hybrid (comfy ride btw). I think that has Sync 3.4, because it looks the same like my Bullitt. But here, with 10 presets (5 in each card, also weird), I can hit "next" on the steering wheel and it goes through all 10 stations.

On my Bullitt, I have 15 or 18 presets (5 or 6 per card) and I can only cycle 6 at a time, then need to swipe with my finger to get next set of 5/6.

Is that normal? Is my Sync update botched? It would explain the Android Auto not being able to display distance and time left in the cluster when navigating...

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Sounds normal to me... but only recently learned of the 'music' button on the steering wheel (ha ha). It's reportedly a 'source' button, so it should cycle thru all available sources... but you cannot go back, so would have to cycle thru everything to go back to a previous page. Give it a try, and let us know if it solved your issue :). Good luck.

By the way, I never tried that button because I thought it was the same thing as the hard music button on the console, which is for sound settings. But apparently it's not. Next time I use the car will mess with it too.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Sounds normal to me... but only recently learned of the 'music' button on the steering wheel (ha ha). It's reportedly a 'source' button, so it should cycle thru all available sources... but you cannot go back, so would have to cycle thru everything to go back to a previous page. Give it a try, and let us know if it solved your issue :). Good luck.

By the way, I never tried that button because I thought it was the same thing as the hard music button on the console, which is for sound settings. But apparently it's not. Next time I use the car will mess with it too.
You JUST found that out, but had the car since around April? :)
Yeah, I use that one all the time, switching between FM and my phone, it's also easy to skip Sirius which I don't have now.
But, that thing shows me only the 5 or so stations in the cluster, so it acts the same way as the stereo. Can you cycle with the "next" button on the steering wheel through more than just the one "card" or "page" of presets?

I do like that music button on the stereo, because if I'm in Android Auto and want to turn on my heated steering wheel, I click that, go to climate or home, turn on the heated steering wheel and click back to AA...

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The heated steering wheel that can only be controlled via Sync has got to be one of the stupidest ideas in the history of the automotive industry.
I can understand someone being dumb enough to come up with it, but how come it was approved? Why did no one tell him "go home, you imbecile, and don't bother coming to work tomorrow"? :crazy: