Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's not keeping me up at night, but it's a bit annoying nonetheless. But let's see, maybe the latest XML will work. We'll see in about two days, that's how long it usually takes.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I have a 2020 gt/cs only a couple months ago. I was thinking when I bring it in for the brake pedal recall and tell them to do the update for sync 3 and navigation. my question is , will there be a charge for that and how much?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have a 2020 gt/cs only a couple months ago. I was thinking when I bring it in for the brake pedal recall and tell them to do the update for sync 3 and navigation. my question is , will there be a charge for that and how much?
Unless you really trust your dealer do not ask them to do something you can easily do yourself. Will there be a charge? There could be unless they agree to do it at no charge because your car is there for a recall. Otherwise it is general maintenance and not covered by warranty. The charge will most likely be their standard hourly rate. Call them and ask before you bring it in.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
there so many posts in here that I have to read, but from what I get so far you update sync 3 using usb then you have to update the navigation also.
anyone does the update OTA successful.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
there so many posts in here that I have to read, but from what I get so far you update sync 3 using usb then you have to update the navigation also.
anyone does the update OTA successful.
First things first. What do you already have? The latest version of SYNC is 3.4 and the build # is 20136. If you do not have this than an update is in order. This update can be done OTA but the odds of it working are 50-50 at best. Many have done it or had it done without them even asking for it. Others cannot get WiFi to work for any updates. Give it a try and see what happens.'

As far as maps the latest is 1.19. If you still have 1.18 you will need to either download the files off the Ford site or buy a preloaded USB. The files are to big for OTA.

A lot of us had some issues at the beginning but after awhile most peoples updates went smoothly. If you carefully follow the directions you update process should go off without a hitch.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
my sync 3 version : 3.4 build 1974. I can't seem to find the maps version on the car for some reason.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Let's see. I've uploaded the new XML. I'll keep you posted.
Aha! Success! :champagne:

This is how it looks now:

Untitled.jpg

So I was right. They wouldn't have given me the map update before acknowledging that my software was up to date. The new XML did the trick. Apparently something hadn't been installed correctly or completely the first time.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I need to try mine again then ... :frown:

Fords website still says I need an update (tried the full process twice).

I connected the car to my wifi, the car checked and told me it was up to date ... lol.

WD :like:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Aha! Success! :champagne:

This is how it looks now:

Untitled.jpg

So I was right. They wouldn't have given me the map update before acknowledging that my software was up to date. The new XML did the trick. Apparently something hadn't been installed correctly or completely the first time.
Good for you. It shouldn’t be this hard but at least it’s done. Now onto the map update!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I need to try mine again then ... :frown:

Fords website still says I need an update (tried the full process twice).

I connected the car to my wifi, the car checked and told me it was up to date ... lol.

Not sure about the U.K. But here in the states WiFi is hit and miss. Most of us just use the usb stick.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

I did the USB, twice. I tried the wifi as a last resort as I was hoping the car might tell Ford I was up to date and then Ford would let me have the maps - no such luck ... lol

I will set another USB update running tomorrow - might as well make the most of working at home / under lock down. At least I get to see my car in daylight during the week now !

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

I did the USB, twice. I tried the wifi as a last resort as I was hoping the car might tell Ford I was up to date and then Ford would let me have the maps - no such luck ... lol

I will set another USB update running tomorrow - might as well make the most of working at home / under lock down. At least I get to see my car in daylight during the week now !

Remember the maps update runs in two parts so the end of the first part (1 hour) is not the complete update. Actually there is a small third update at the end but it is blink and you miss it.