Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Evenmetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I typed in my VIN for my 17 and it said there is an update available. Haven't done it yet. Will report back.

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
I have completed the update without any issues on a UK spec car.

Used a newish USB3 drive, although Ford only supports USB2 the read rate of even USB3 drives is only just exceeding USB bus speeds so best to use the newest drive possible. Formatted to exFAT as Ford suggest which is not the default on a PC

Update took around 25 minutes. I edited the autoinstall.lst file to include the ,Delay which prevents the automatic reboot loop. When complete I had a message to remove the USB drive and that the update would happen next time I restarted.

Upon restart it displayed the 'Ford' logo on first boot and then took a bit longer than normal to start, maybe an extra 30 seconds.

Some of the settings were not retained such as the Applink settings. The Nav could not connect to the GPS but this maybe because of the slower than normal boot during update.

A further reboot after a complete car shutdown and lock restored the Mustang logo and GPS came back to life.

The removed USB had the xml file generated correctly which uploaded to the Ford site correctly

All in all completely painless.
Same here.
USB update went smooth and finished fast (22 minutes).

Xml file generated by SYNC 3 and uploaded to Ford.

Now Ford site showing me the message "Your SYNC system (SYNC v3.4.43) is up to date"
Mission accomplished.

I need updated maps now.
Does someone knows, where/how can I officially get them for European countries?

Ginger1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Plugged in my VIN. 2018 EB Premium. I have 3.3 from a prior update, but the website says "Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 3.0.19205." ???

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
Plugged in my VIN. 2018 EB Premium. I have 3.3 from a prior update, but the website says "Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 3.0.19205." ???
Did you confirm your prior update to Ford by uploading xml file from USB key to their site?
Without it, Ford might be thinking you are still on factory built, lower than 3.0.19205 (probably 18201 as in my case).

mrich44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
19 gt, get the 'well send a message to whoever' earlier in the day, now just 'An error occurred. Please try again.'

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
mine said it was available then it stopped staying that and started saying system is up to date (null) etc

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I still can't download the update even though it says it's available. Uggh.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Did you confirm your prior update to Ford by uploading xml file from USB key to their site?
Without it, Ford might be thinking you are still on factory built, lower than 3.0.19205 (probably 18201 as in my case).
Ginger 1 says that he already has 3.3 so he has the updated APIM. The Ford site should not be showing a 3.0 update at all regardless of build #.

That said you are correct about the XML file. If he didn't do it he should, assuming he still has the files. If now than I think a call to Ford is in order.

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Right, so has anyone in the US, been able to download the 3.4.xx in the last 24 hours or so?

i.e., without this:

upload_2020-8-4_10-6-43.png

If they pulled it due to a bad build, just toss that up on the site: "Sync 3.4.xx is not available due to an issue", this kind of generic error message doesn't tell us if their site is busted, the download has been pulled, or anything really.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Right, so has anyone in the US, been able to download the 3.4.xx in the last 24 hours or so?

i.e., without this:

If they pulled it due to a bad build, just toss that up on the site: "Sync 3.4.xx is not available due to an issue", this kind of generic error message doesn't tell us if their site is busted, the download has been pulled, or anything really.
None of the downloads have been working the last few days due to whatever maintenance is going on.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

i.e., without this:

I experienced the same thing this morning.

I find it interesting that Ford, and other car companies, really aren't good at supporting technology. The FordPass app on my phone is also dead and won't run anymore.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
None of the downloads have been working the last few days due to whatever maintenance is going on.
Yeah, I just looked around some non-Mustang sites, F150, Ranger, etc., everyone is experiencing the same thing (which isn't surprising, since it's a common system/backend).

Well, waited this long, I can wait till it's sorted out, I mean, at least they're actually offering it, even if the first attempt was a FUBAR'ed ...