Official AFD E85 "ProFlex Commander" with New Harness

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I've been back and forth between tanks of e-85 and e-10 (91) like 20 times. I can definitely say on a stock application the car is faster and smoother on e-85 with the proflex. If you go above 100 on the regular you're going to definitely notice a difference in acceleration in that area. As @lightrules said, the decel pops and burbles pretty much disappear on anything above e50. The vehicle is just more quiet in general, which isn't something i desire whatsoever. I switch back and forth because I like both fuels for different reasons, but isn't that the beauty of this system? I can go back and forth as i please without any kind of modification, can maintain my warranty, and I'm not racing for pinks or anything so if I'm missing out on like 10-15 hp from a lund tune so be it. I'd rather have the comfort of knowing if my engine blows at some point I can undo these changes and get taken care of. I'm happy with the system and the flexibility.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I've been back and forth between tanks of e-85 and e-10 (91) like 20 times. I can definitely say on a stock application the car is faster and smoother on e-85 with the proflex. If you go above 100 on the regular you're going to definitely notice a difference in acceleration in that area. As @lightrules said, the decel pops and burbles pretty much disappear on anything above e50. The vehicle is just more quiet in general, which isn't something i desire whatsoever. I switch back and forth because I like both fuels for different reasons, but isn't that the beauty of this system? I can go back and forth as i please without any kind of modification, can maintain my warranty, and I'm not racing for pinks or anything so if I'm missing out on like 10-15 hp from a lund tune so be it. I'd rather have the comfort of knowing if my engine blows at some point I can undo these changes and get taken care of. I'm happy with the system and the flexibility.
Agreed 1000%!

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It might not work out very well if your car gets towed into a dealer with a blown engine and a tank full of E85. If you leave the harness in, they'll say that you modified it, and if you take the harness out they'll say you're running the wrong fuel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
It might not work out very well if your car gets towed into a dealer with a blown engine and a tank full of E85. If you leave the harness in, they'll say that you modified it, and if you take the harness out they'll say you're running the wrong fuel.
i'd get my car home first somehow, get the e85 out and fill up with regular gas as much as possible, pull the commander, basically do everything possible, then take it in to the dealer. Pretty sure that's what @rag11 would do too.

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
exactly. 2 things i dont like about the proflex when running higher ethanol: 1) no more blurbs and gurgles, and 2) massively loud pops on upshifting that honestly jolts me a bit (happens once in a while, mostly going from 2nd to 3rd). besides those 2 things, i love the pwr increase and flexibility for fuels.

Agreed 1000%!
yup yup

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg. 18 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 16 Lexus IS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys
Got a new problem! Switched from E85 to 93 Octane 2 weeks ago and developed a Misfire in Cyl 7 and a Sporadic in Cyl 2. Unplugged the harness and no Misfire Since. I have contacted Gray @AFD he agreed to me sending back my harness and checking it along with the brain box. Ill keep you posted!

malfere2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT350
Hey Guys
Got a new problem! Switched from E85 to 93 Octane 2 weeks ago and developed a Misfire in Cyl 7 and a Sporadic in Cyl 2. Unplugged the harness and no Misfire Since. I have contacted Gray @AFD he agreed to me sending back my harness and checking it along with the brain box. Ill keep you posted!
Excuse my ignorance, but how do you tell if it's a misfire. I know the physical signs like a rough engine idle or lack of power. Do you have a diagnostic tool of some sort? If so what tool do you use.

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Engine light came on code P0307 Cyl 7 Misfire. I have a Snap on Scan tool that will tell me exactly when the Misfire happens. After unplugging the harness at the injectors not the brain box the misfires stopped.

Sponsored

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Snap-On Verus Pro

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes @lightrules Yellow CEL came on I cleared it several times... Then I started diagnosis swapped plugs swapped coils swapped injectors nothing was working finally I said lets unplug the brain box to the Proflex.... Still misfired. Finally i took off the Drivers side of the harness after 20 mins. of Idiling not a single miss in Cyl. 7

Drove the car all day yesterday with not a single miss in any cyl. after removing the harness.

Before the miss was constant after the engine warmed up it was every single revolution. so i know this is fixed just gotta dio the harness. Ill Let AFD do that part.

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update from Grey @ AFD They are shipping me a new harness. Ill report back in the spring time. My Driving season is officially closed. :(

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Got a quick question. Did you check the plug on cylinder#7 as well? Just a thought because injusta6 just diagnosed s potential issue on #7 on his YouTube channel and Woman Driven which had a misfire issue as well over a month ago. She actually runs the AFD ProFlex unit on her GT350; injusta6 did not. I'm interested more in the misfire issues and if it's common on cylinder#7. Keep us posted.
Sponsored