Sponsored

Official AFD E85 "ProFlex Commander" with New Harness

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
...Thanks for helping a "little guy" out, Coyote to Voodoo that is. 😁
Well, actually, I wasn't thinking big or little or anything like that - it's that the engineering teams that build and calibrate stuff in the two separate Ford divisions have different goals and they each do things "their own way".

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I looked at a couple of GT350 tunes and the tables for fueling and AFR dash display are the same as a regular GT.

You are probably fine but I'd get confirmation from AFD before I hammered on it.

The connectivity, I have no clue.

Interesting aside, the 2015 GT350 has no flex tables, 16 and newer do.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It was just a humorous attempt at "kissing the ring 💍 "— me being a GT guy in a Shelby forum 😅 But I didn't know the Shelby ECM wasn't strictly Ford. 😮
You're more than welcome to drop by the GT350 section for advice and the members here will help you any way they can. It's what we do. Just keep in mind that there are differences in the way the cars are built and our advice might not be as helpful as it could be.

Porsche_Manny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT Performance Pack
The problem has, thus far, been fixed. The reason was so stupid, I deserve to be caned. By all of you. That being said, I will be starting a 5.0 ProFlex Commander thread for any GT people considering this — and my experiences and learned-knowledge (since there's no thread as good as this for 5.0s that I've found).

Gray sends his regards (I mentioned learning from this thread) and appreciates those of you that stuck with it and their business. Time to teach some GT people about this — because on E40 alone, working well — supporting a good 91-93 tune... -DAMN-! 😲

I can delete all my posts in this thread gladly (one of you just say so and its done), or the Mod for this thread can.
You've all been a Class Act 👏 👏 👏 🙇‍♂️ thank you! 🙏

Sponsored

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TLDR: I have had the Proflex commander for a year. The Proflex works fine to run E85; the bluetooth connectivity works about 10% of the time.

I have had the Proflex Commander for over a year. I spent hours and hours troubleshooting bluetooth on the notion that it was the hardware wasn't grounded properly, app permissions were incorrect, debugging bluetooth transmissions, "a new app is coming in October", etc.

The car runs fine, but the bluetooth and app probably have more issues than AFD would care to admit. I uninstalled and fully reinstalled the Proflex at least 8 times and spent hours and hours testing on several phones and tablets. I was very close to RMA'ing but Gray assured me the Proflex works fine and they've never had a blown engine, etc and they have supported a lot of customers.

Here's my experience:
If I'm in my garage and no one is around, the app and bluetooth work fine, every time. If I get on the road anywhere near any other cars or phones, the app just spins and says "connecting." This happens across 8 different phones that I installed the app on an tested (various Samsung Galaxy and Google Pixel phones, older and latest). The only fix is to completely power off the car, wait a few seconds, and then start the car and re-connect, etc. I am pretty sure the device just tries to listen to the sea of phones and cars on the busy roads and you can't connect reliably while it is doing so.

I suggested to Gray that the module should have an indicator light, so you can at least be assured it is receiving proper power (and working). You will hear the engine idle noticeably rough if the module loses power, so I can confidently say I feel like it works fine if you want to put the Proflex on your car. Just don't expect bluetooth to work reliably at all.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Interesting and sorry that you've had this issue. I am a huge proponent of the AFD Proflex, but do sympathize with those that have not had as seamless experience as others such as myself since installed over four years ago. This won't be a canned response "My car runs fine...." as I am sure you could and should only be concerned with your issues. Again, I hope that you get some resolution at some point and can have enjoy a better experience going forward.
Sponsored