OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Having an issue. Upgraded my phone from a Note 9 to a S21 Ultra and the app won't connect. The app finds the Proflex but will not connect no matter what I do. Anyone else have connection issues after the system previously worked?
make sure you allow all permissions in the proflex app on your new phone. that should do it.
Sponsored

Matthew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Leadfoot Grey GT350
I have done that. Emails from Gray were going to junk mail for some reason so will get in touch on Monday to figure it out.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
make sure you allow all permissions in the proflex app on your new phone. that should do it.
Yup, location specifically.

I run my mixture at about 60%. It allows me the extra pep, but also keeps the gurgle. Running straight e85 changes the sound of our engines.

Matthew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Leadfoot Grey GT350
Talked with Gray and figured out what is going on. With the car on but engine not running the app will connect. Once the engine is running or I plug my phone into USB on the car Sync kicks the DUAL-SPP connection. Gray also said an app update should be getting released by end of Oct that may resolve some of these issues.

Sponsored

tampasnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
I picked up a used ProFlex. Last weekend was my first real driving with it. The app was showing about 60% ethanol after a fill up. I can say it definitely made taking off from stop lights more fun.
Over all the car seems to be happier overall with it. Its seems smoother and lower RPMs and shifting.

Porsche_Manny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT Performance Pack
BIG Edit: Make -sure- you have no existing vaccuum leaks before running the ProFlex Commander. 😕 🤦‍♂️ or you'll waste a lot of good and decent people's time. 😅

Hi 👋 while toying with the idea of E85 for my Mustang, and whether I wanted to deal with BAMA, LUND, or VMP — I found the ProFlex Commander kit. Seemed suspect, but then I found your forum threads and YouTube videos of satisfied Mustang owners who got it — so I pulled the trigger.

I'm a Porsche service tech (the worst one in the garage maybe, but they still let me wear the shirt), I wasn't intimidated by the install, the kit is on — and the car started right up. With the engine running — I saw 10-11% Ethanol on the Android App. Figured I was good.

Intermittently — my phone won't connect with the App when the engine is on, and other times it -does-. I filled up with 50/50 93/E85 today. At 50%Ethanol, I was seeing AFRs between 13-14, not far from E10(93).

... so I added more. And at -60-% Ethanol, the car slowly but surely began leaning out. -I'M- not sure this thing is adding fuel as required and that the Copperhead PCM is just trying its damnedest on its own.

But I bought this kit about a week ago, just got it Tuesday. I'd like to think by -now- that they're not "accidently" still sending out "old" harnesses still. I hope.

The last time I had "connection issues" between my phone App and the Commander, I shut the car off while the phone was still trying to connect — turned just the ignition ON — and the App connected shortly after.

I added 93 again to get it down to low 50s% and it's holding its own, typically staying between 13-14 AFR in the cluster — Occasionally 15 at idle, but -Not- (thank God) under load.

I'll recheck my ground connection again tomorrow — it -is- where everyone seems to ground this thing though (the ground by the pass-side strut tower).

Any assistance would be enthusiastically appreciated.

Last edited:

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I'd give AFD a call. Gray is pretty responsive and very helpful. I am one of the longest tenured users of this unit on a GT350 as it has been installed on my car since February 2018. Maybe the actual first or second GT350 end user in Georgia installed by United Speed Racing, a BMW race shop upon recommendation by AFD. First "generation" of the unit and never any connectivity, or for that matter,ANY issues at all, so I would not be much help. Very pleased with the kit some four years later and run it on top of a 93 tune since early March 2022. Car is strong and happy when I run e85.

Last edited:

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I wish that I could help more, but it looks like a call to AFD is your next move to ensure that what you are seeing and your connections are right. Try to PM "lightrules" as he had the kit on the GT350 he used to own and had much more direct install experience than I.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
manny, i've not heard of anyone dealing with this AFR issue. but i notice your car has almost 90k miles on it. did you buy it used? is it possibly tuned? or have any mods? i'm wondering if the injectors are being pushed to the limits of their duty cycle.

again definitely hit up Gray on monday. he'll be able to sort you out.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I don't have any knowledge of this system, so this is a SWAG
If you don't have to flash a tune your dash AFR will register 14.1 as stoich even if the actual AFR is 9. So you may not have any issues. When I write an E85 tune I change the scaling in the tune to show actual AFR.

My .02

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I don't have any knowledge of this system, so this is a SWAG
If you don't have to flash a tune your dash AFR will register 14.1 as stoich even if the actual AFR is 9. So you may not have any issues. When I write an E85 tune I change the scaling in the tune to show actual AFR.

My .02
Good point. I'm guessing too, but I suspect you're right. The ECU is watching the oxygen sensor and maintaining the appropriate AFR. The Proflex unit extends the injector pulses to compensate for the E85, which means the ECU doesn't actually know how much fuel is injected. The total injector pulse is the ECU time (long enough for gasoline) plus the Proflex extension time (to make it long enough for E85). The ECU knows nothing about the Proflex extension, and the displayed AFR is as though you were running gasoline. Or not.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hey 👋, thank you for chiming in!

I thought of that too — but some people on this thread are saying that the factory AFR guage went rich.

If it -doesn't- change the factory gauge — that would be disconcerting to not know if you were operating safely "stoich" for whatever blend of Ethanol.

I tried changing the ground and still have more than intermittent connectivity-issues with the App to Commander connection too.
There is a factory ECU ethanol adaptation (in GT350's - dunno about GT's) that works up to, IIRC, around E50 or so. Sort of a "flex-fuel light" thing.

Keep in mind that you're in a GT350 section of the board, and GT350 ECU's are produced by Ford Performance, not Ford proper. Things that work on a GT350 might not work the same or even at all on a GT.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thanks for replying as well 👍 — but aren't the O2s measuring what's in the exhaust, pre-catalyst? So whatever is in there — is whatever is in there (and would see it)? Or is that not how the system works? 🤷

When the system -does- connect — I see I've watered it down to E38, hopefully less risk of leaning out if it is in fact -not- working.
All the O2 senses is "too rich - too lean - just right". It doesn't know which fuel it is or the AFR. The ECU calculates AFR by looking at "just right" and working backwards from pounds of fuel injected vs pounds of air passing through the MAF.
Sponsored