Sponsored

Official AFD E85 "ProFlex Commander" with New Harness

malfere2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT350
@malfere2 , hope you install it soon and report your findings. I assume you have the new harness? Make sure you do. also the Commander location is working out well. I had to plug in the commander after I placed it in the spot because it didn't fit pre-connected.
I was wondering how you got that power commander in there. Good to know! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg. 18 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 16 Lexus IS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
I am at home I will take detailed pics tomorrow (my car is stored in my shop) I was able to chase all the wires into the battery box through the existing hole where the positive cable runs to the battery.I Tied into the ground from the 10mm nut that fastens the Neg Bat Cable to the Battery terminal.I have yet to mount the Power Commander to the battery box. I think the instructions only mention mounting the box harness side down to keep weather out. But as @mmakam2 stated its dry inside! The wires that lead to fuel sensor and drivers side injectors are ran up the black steel piece running from the battery box across the firewall and then to the appropriate connections. I zip tied all the extra wire inside the battery box so it looks real clean!

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

malfere2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT350
I am at home I will take detailed pics tomorrow (my car is stored in my shop) I was able to chase all the wires into the battery box through the existing hole where the positive cable runs to the battery.I Tied into the ground from the 10mm nut that fastens the Neg Bat Cable to the Battery terminal.I have yet to mount the Power Commander to the battery box. I think the instructions only mention mounting the box harness side down to keep weather out. But as @mmakam2 stated its dry inside! The wires that lead to fuel sensor and drivers side injectors are ran up the black steel piece running from the battery box across the firewall and then to the appropriate connections. I zip tied all the extra wire inside the battery box so it looks real clean!
Yes please! Would love to see photos for reference. Plus no additional cutting on the battery cover. That’s ideal.

Sponsored

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
20190809_104910.jpg
20190809_104906.jpg
20190809_104939.jpg
20190809_104934.jpg
20190809_104913.jpg

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Been through 2 tanks of e75-80. Gone around 150, done launches, and basically driven it in all but track conditions. Fuel economy has dropped considerably as expected. Power feels stronger at all speeds. Way less unorganized noise coming from the exhaust. Noticeably better acceleration at 3 digits. Seems to be an occasional small lag at launch, doesn't always happen. Occasional rogue backfire pop from exhaust after upshift. An interesting thing is that somehow shifts feel smoother and quicker and I'm not just imagining it. I had 13k miles on the car prior and it just feels like the car loves the e85. No codes, no issues as of now.

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Been through 2 tanks of e75-80. Gone around 150, done launches, and basically driven it in all but track conditions. Fuel economy has dropped considerably as expected. Power feels stronger at all speeds. Way less unorganized noise coming from the exhaust. Noticeably better acceleration at 3 digits. Seems to be an occasional small lag at launch, doesn't always happen. Occasional rogue backfire pop from exhaust after upshift. An interesting thing is that somehow shifts feel smoother and quicker and I'm not just imagining it. I had 13k miles on the car prior and it just feels like the car loves the e85. No codes, no issues as of now.
you just spelled out EXACTLY what i have experienced. i was having all sorts of odd pops and pows with the old harness (among a lack of increased power too), especially upshifts, and now i get very few but once in a while still do get that pop on upshifting. not a concern to me as it has drastically been reduced. the car in everyway feels better, stronger. no codes either. i'm at e80 and the car just feels more alive, that's the best way to put it.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Glad you guys got everything worked out and are experiencing the positive effects of this system. I plan to continue running the ProFlex for awhile until and if I decide to go in a different direction down the road. Interested in the effect of piggybacking it on top of a 93 tune. Awaiting that feedback...

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled mine out lastnight to wash it and i started to downpour. The weather here in Buffalo sucks very limited on time to drive my car, I have a newborn at home run my business 60-70hrs a week. UGH Today I am taking it to fill up with E85 and I will report back asap!!

Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I pulled mine out lastnight to wash it and i started to downpour. The weather here in Buffalo sucks very limited on time to drive my car, I have a newborn at home run my business 60-70hrs a week. UGH Today I am taking it to fill up with E85 and I will report back asap!!
Congrats on the newborn!!! Cars are fun but children are a blessing!

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok Guys finally had a chance to fill her up with E85 Im at about 57% Right now. Wow what a difference no more sporadic popping. Power is Up cant tell by how much. Low end is still weak til about 3k after that its an improvement all the way to redline! Needless to say I am extremely happy! Until I ran into a GT350 that whipped me on the thruway last night. Just walked me. Lol He had a whipple on E85 Killed me :( Looks like a Procharger may be in my future! I still highly recommend this kit! The results are there, easy hp in 20 or so min. Worth it!

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Ok Guys finally had a chance to fill her up with E85 Im at about 57% Right now. Wow what a difference no more sporadic popping. Power is Up cant tell by how much. Low end is still weak til about 3k after that its an improvement all the way to redline! Needless to say I am extremely happy! Until I ran into a GT350 that whipped me on the thruway last night. Just walked me. Lol He had a whipple on E85 Killed me :( Looks like a Procharger may be in my future! I still highly recommend this kit! The results are there, easy hp in 20 or so min. Worth it!
doood, pls get that procharger. everyone's getting whipples. then start a thread and document the journey. anyway, happy to hear a good report for you on the proflex. :thumbsup:

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Just ordered my kit Saturday. Any tips or pictures on how to route or hide your wires so that it doesn’t look like a mess?

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered my kit Saturday. Any tips or pictures on how to route or hide your wires so that it doesn’t look like a mess?
@FLATPLANE brought it along firewall at the back of the engine, his is probably the cleanest look.
Sponsored