Off to a rough start with 2016 GT

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Since youā€™re going as far as youā€™ve gone, Iā€™d consider cleaning the 47ā€™s if youā€™re going to reinstall them and tune around them (even if itā€™s a 93 tune). Also pull the pump and change the filter and maybe even the pump (based on what the flow test reveals) to give yourself peace of mind that youā€™re all good on those fronts.

OP
OP
Canuckican

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red
There has been a lot of very sound and well-meaning advice regarding legal steps etc I should take but I do have my reasons for proceeding as I am. It has nothing to do with contracts or verbal statements etc. I have had a lot of personal strife and challenges in my life the past 5 years or so and I am trying to maintain a low-key approach to my first steps at resolving this one. Although this did not prevent me from calling a salesperson at the Florida Ford dealership that sold this car to the previous owner a very unfortunate word for which I subsequently called back and apologized.

That being said, I have definitely not ruled out the suggested approach by any means. That will be decided very shortly...

Now, back to this red beauty...

1697031087555.png

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a set of stock injectors and fuel rails from my 2018 that I am willing to give you if you want them. Just cover the shipping.

OP
OP
Canuckican

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I am the point now where I have my ducks in a row and am ready to buy the 91/93 tuner/tune to see if we can get this beauty going.

Stock 2015-17 intake manifold
Stock throttle body
Stock (i.e. no) CAI
Eight new Bosch 62408 fuel injectors
Very clean NGK iridium spark plugs, .051 gap.
BBK long tube headers
BBK hi-flow cats
Annoyingly loud MBRP cat-back

Hmm, if an engine is running as rich as this one, can O2 sensors get fouled up with carbon like the plugs? I found out the hard/expensive way what a rich-running engine can do to cats when a problem on my 95 GT trashed the cats in a very expensive aftermarket exhaust.

Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If running poorly, it can foul the O2's.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Leave everything as is and get a tune for 91/93 octane. You don't need to replace the intake manifold or the injectors. It will run fine once you get the E85 tune out of there.

Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be.

OP
OP
Canuckican

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh boy, SCT X4 vs HP Tuners RTD+?

Looks like the recommended/required one depends on where you buy the tune. Lund is HPT, Palm Beach dyno looks to support either, Wengerd Performance supports several different ones. I am sure they are all superb for my basic needs, which is to have the car start properly, run well and be reliable.

When I was 20, I had a 1972 Vega with a 327 in it. Flip the heater core, Doug Thorley install kit, Monza V8 springs and you're in business. Those were the days, kind-of. Until the frame rusted, the body fell off and the rear end blew apart.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Lund tune and tuner is on the way.
Right on! I hope itā€™s as simple as flashing, and data logging, followed by a few tweaks and an ā€œAll Clearā€ from Lund to drive it the way you want to drive it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Canuckican

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a set of stock injectors and fuel rails from my 2018 that I am willing to give you if you want them. Just cover the shipping.
Oh I think I am going to take you up on this overly-generous offer. I just found out that I am not supposed to use these brand new, just purchased Bosch injectors even though they are supposed to be equivalent to the Motorcraft ones. Sometimes parts like this come out of the same line just in different boxes, sometimes not. I was just trying to get ahead of the game a bit. Can you DM my with the shipping cost to Wisconsin zip 54944 and a charity you'd like me to make a donation to on your behalf.

OP
OP
Canuckican

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure his stock 18 injectors are different than Gen 2 injectors.
Ah, I did not know that. Still, I appreciate the offer to help me get out of my current hole.

Great bunch of folks on here!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Just have Lund tune for the parts you have.