Sponsored

Now this is dedication (Ecoboost > Bullitt)

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
I'm not sure if he spent more with the transformation, rather than buying a Bullitt, but looking at the details, this is some serious job.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Definitely a lot of work went into that replication and from just seeing it from the exterior sitting in a parking lot or on the street, very hard to tell itā€™s not a genuine Bullitt . . . unless of course one checks the VIN at the base of the windshield. :)

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I dont get these people. He probably has spent more already than a Bullitt would have cost him in the first place. On top of that, his resale is gone.

Maybe he just had to have a bullitt look alike in automatic? But then why an Ecoboost? The whole thing smells like he bought the car on a strict budget instead of just saving up. Now he's throwing thousands at it. Recaros? Brembo brakes at dealer pricing? Jeez dude.

With that said, I don't mean to completely crap on him because he did a good job.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
:crazy: Good for him doing what he wants to his car but heā€™s nuts. Paid to have a wrap done in a color that is not even correct? Then going to pay to take it off and have it painted? Just buy a bullitt, get the car you want, and save money. This doesnā€™t make any sense. Also that bullitt emblem above the radio controls is so tacky and out of place lol

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Yep Iā€™m with the other posters , I donā€™t get this guy at all. Just wait and save your money for another year or two and buy the real thing. Iā€™m sure he spent way more money upgrading his eco rather than buying the real thing. I guess he just canā€™t drive a manual.
1 of 1 like he saysā€¦..1 of 1 waste of money.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
IMO, re-creations and tribute cars are an immediate fail. I don't care for them at all.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
I don't think he has/had any money issues. It could have been a personal project, a challenge, something you would spend your time on, look at it as a hobby. You may find it "strange", or a waste of money, but I don't criticize him. He did what he wanted for whatever reason and I really appreciate the dedication he put into this and the awesome result. I've seen people to put a V8 in a Tesla, why they do that? I don't know, but I love those people performing unusual and challenging tasks. I appreciate their skill, rather than the reasons behind it.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't think he has/had any money issues. It could have been a personal project, a challenge, something you would spend your time on, look at it as a hobby. You may find it "strange", or a waste of money, but I don't criticize him. He did what he wanted for whatever reason and I really appreciate the dedication he put into this and the awesome result. I've seen people to put a V8 in a Tesla, why they do that? I don't know, but I love those people performing unusual and challenging tasks. I appreciate their skill, rather than the reasons behind it.
Yeah, I dunno. I just don't get it when you can simply buy a Bullitt. It's not like he's recreating some special vehicle that can't be purchased anymore for a reasonable price.

I mean given he started with a 100A Ecoboost, maybe he got it cheap enough that he still hasn't hit GT levels of investment yet. Who knows.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Whatā€˜s with all the critical comments on here? This is a pure case of a Mustang owner doing his thing. Heā€™s doing it because he wants too (and he can). Heā€™s making it his own. Itā€™s what we all do. Like it or not is a personal opinion, but I congratulate him for making the extreme effort.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Makes no sense to do a swap like this on a late model car. The only reason they are doing it on foxbodies is because the pool of clean stock-ish cars has gotten fairly shallow, and it's finally worthwhile to swap in an engine (often an LS or a 351W, not a 302). But on a late model? Trade it in on the one you wanted. There are plenty of cars out there.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Whatā€˜s with all the critical comments on here? This is a pure case of a Mustang owner doing his thing. Heā€™s doing it because he wants too (and he can). Heā€™s making it his own. Itā€™s what we all do. Like it or not is a personal opinion, but I congratulate him for making the extreme effort.
You're right, but if you look closely he put fake Brembo caliper covers on his brakes. Thus he is no longer protected from ridicule. :wink: Of course he's rectifying that by buying the actual Brembos at I'm sure massive cost from the dealer, so I guess that undoes such a shameful modification.

As I said, he did a good job at what he was trying to do, but I just don't understand it. It's one thing to make your Mustang your own, but when you spend almost as much as just buying the car you clearly wanted in the first place, well....

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I dont understand it, but I also don't hate it. If he got the EB at a nice deal and he managed to do most the work himself I wouldnt be amazed if it still came out cheaper than a new Bullitt or vs trading in on one.

Good on him for making his car just what he wants it to be. Hell in Quiet mode most people think I'm an EB anyway.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The problem is, there's no point in looking like a Bullitt if you're going to sound like a Focus.
Otherwise, yes, it's a good job. Nicely done. The manual-looking shifter is a nice touch, too.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I get wanting your car to be that color or even liking the wheels and chrome trim, but adding the Bullitt markings is taboo. Iā€™m guilty of using 50th LE wheels, but thereā€™s definitely no doubt itā€™s not a LE.
Sponsored