Is this a real Bullitt??

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
There is a sticker with a phone number on the door jamb… a search for that phone number brings up this company’s theft claims office:

6F4DB0C8-CEAD-4C25-B479-3C2B407DFD56.png

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
There is a sticker with a phone number on the door jamb… a search for that phone number brings up this company’s theft claims office:

I guess it really is a theft recovery then.

The new owner should track down the original owner and ask what happened to this car.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That label is not to confirm a theft or theft recovery.

That Company "InvisiMark" provides a VIN marking service that registered the vehicle and VIN in its database. The service was to mark certain key components of the vehicle with an invisible indentifier (usually a VIN or ID linking it back to a VIN). The only way the Mark was visible is usually by black light or another special source of lighting element. If the car was stolen, and if it or any key parts were recovered without a VIN, the Police could confirm its identity by revealing the InvisiMark.

I think some Dealerships had offered that service as an added cost in their mark ups to new car buyers. It was also their pitch that if the car was "marked" it would lower annual comprehensive part of the auto insurance by a certain %, depending on state.

I don't know if that Company is even still in business or not, because the websites are kind of defunct.

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I love the way this post has become an investigative forum into this clapped out bullit. Lol.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I love the way this post has become an investigative forum into this clapped out bullit. Lol.
I mean, we are all invested in it and each wants to offer up their investigative skills! :)

To me, the most interesting thing was just the bits and pieces that don't match. And the fact if it is or isn't one. And how did the seller sell it (i.e. how much they lied). And how did the buyer buy it. So I guess every single aspect of this.

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Did they try to slap the base GT wheels on it, realize the Brembos hit it? So then swap calipers for that reason? Somebody please verify fitment. its a real mess of a car.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I think whomever stole and stripped it for parts, also took the red painted calipers. Two bolts and snip the brake hose and they're good to go. When they put it back together, they just used standard GT parts because they were cheaper than Bullitt parts.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah, that sounds like it, someone just took them.

I know for a fact fitting proper wheels over the PP1 brakes is a pain, took me some time to get the right winter wheels and tires for my Bullitt and the people at TireRack didn't want to vouch for it, as it was not a tested fit.

What baffles me is the dash - that's gotta be the most difficult of all the changes to swap. Other things like seats and strut brace or even the brakes are arguably some wrenching to do, but the dash and connections cannot be. Do they just swipe it to sell it at scrap value?

Sponsored

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT

That sticker does not appear to have been there when the bank/lender sold it at auction in February 2021. at the time it had the 19" wheels on it. Presumably it was a repossession then, having the owner's possessions still in the trunk.
What's in that spray can, by the way?
1629931031180.png

1629930990998.png

1629931234657.png

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
def a theft recovery. look at the carfax break for 9 months in servicing, and then sold immediately after. that was when recovered then sold to the insurance, who had it rebuilt with base/GT parts to flip quickly. agree on calipers getting swiped too, they aren't cheap. shame.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
def a theft recovery. look at the carfax break for 9 months in servicing, and then sold immediately after. that was when recovered then sold to the insurance, who had it rebuilt with base/GT parts to flip quickly. agree on calipers getting swiped too, they aren't cheap. shame.
Still waiting for the new owner to post on here. Now that will be a fun thread!!

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Still waiting for the new owner to post on here. Now that will be a fun thread!!
Yeah....I wonder if they'll have an recourse against the stealership?

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Did we ever get the build number from the dash?
Sponsored