Sponsored

Now this is dedication (Ecoboost > Bullitt)

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Ya know, he sounds like he's proud of his ride - good for him! He put in a lot of effort to mod his car, and sounds like he enjoys it.

If he's a member here I'd like to point him to some lower-cost solutions for parts. He's gonna overpay for those Brembos :wink:

Would you like for GT350 guys to come ask you why youā€™re wasting your time with your GT?
That would never happen šŸ¤£
Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sierra, ā€˜21 Expedition, ā€˜22 Mach 1
Heā€™s definitely put a lot of effort and money into it. His mustang, his money, his way. The one thing that gets me is putting the bullet badges on it. If he ever trades it, some dealer will pay him ecoboost money for trade in, but then charge some pour sap GT money and make them think they are getting a Bullit for a great deal. It would be cooler if he was building an S550 version of Eleanor, but a car that is 2-3 years old, eh not my cup of tea. But he likes it and thatā€™s all that matters.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Damn, lot of elitist dicks in here. Sad.
If all you say is something negative itā€™s a bit of a dick move, but most people arenā€™t doing that. Itā€™s not elitist to not like making a 4 cylinder clone of one of the most iconic muscle cars of all timeā€¦ one might consider it blasphemy.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If all you say is something negative itā€™s a bit of a dick move, but most people arenā€™t doing that. Itā€™s not elitist to not like making a 4 cylinder clone of one of the most iconic muscle cars of all timeā€¦ one might consider it blasphemy.
All of us have clones, we just paid for 4 more cylinders.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I personally do not get the idea of rebranding. But, to each his own. His car, his money.

My car's name is "Bullet", says on the strut tower brace. Then people ask me if it's a Bullitt. With the hood up at a show. Even if I didn't own this car. I would know it's a 4 cyl, therefore not a Bullitt.

Not changing the name of the car. My daughter helped name it on accident, lol.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I'm referring to Bullitt owners.
A real Bullitt isnā€™t a clone of a Bullitt. Itā€™s a Bullittā€¦ either way, thatā€™s not the point. Thereā€™s a big difference between a current real Bullitt sold by Ford and a four cylinder rip off. Or if you prefer you can say homage, he did do a pretty good job with it. The point I was making is that you can also call it blasphemy, that doesnā€™t apply to an actual Bullittā€¦

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
A real Bullitt isnā€™t a clone of a Bullitt. Itā€™s a Bullittā€¦ either way, thatā€™s not the point. Thereā€™s a big difference between a current real Bullitt sold by Ford and a four cylinder rip off. Or if you prefer you can say homage, he did do a pretty good job with it. The point I was making is that you can also call it blasphemy, that doesnā€™t apply to an actual Bullittā€¦
There is no "real bullitt". That was never the name of the car it was the name of its driver. Bullitt is just what the Green 390GT in the movie was referred to for distinction as technically it should be "Bullitt's car". And from Ford or not ALL "bullitts" after 390 GT production ended are just WB licensed "tribute" cars. I don't care how you want to see it. If someone says they saw a "real bullitt" I'm assuming they are talking about seeing a green 68 390 GT. If they say they saw a Bullitt, I'm assuming a 2001+ Green Mustang in whatever remixed version of DHG Ford decided to use that year.

Anyone bitching about "blasphemy" is just an elitist asshole in my book.

I personally believe DHG should be available on any trim, and cycled with other colors every few years like the Grabber colors are. I'd likely have a PPL2 GT or a Hi-Po EB if it had been. I'd definitely have bought a GT350/GT/EB if it was available in DHG in 2018 when I had started looking for a car then instead of waiting for 2019.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
There is no "real bullitt". That was never the name of the car it was the name of its driver. Bullitt is just what the Green 390GT in the movie was referred to for distinction as technically it should be "Bullitt's car". And from Ford or not ALL "bullitts" after 390 GT production ended are just WB licensed "tribute" cars. I don't care how you want to see it. If someone says they saw a "real bullitt" I'm assuming they are talking about seeing a green 68 390 GT. If they say they saw a Bullitt, I'm assuming a 2001+ Green Mustang in whatever remixed version of DHG Ford decided to use that year.

Anyone bitching about "blasphemy" is just an elitist asshole in my book.

I personally believe DHG should be available on any trim, and cycled with other colors every few years like the Grabber colors are. I'd likely have a PPL2 GT or a Hi-Po EB if it had been. I'd definitely have bought a GT350/GT/EB if it was available in DHG in 2018 when I had started looking for a car then instead of waiting for 2019.
Right, so youā€™ve decided to go full asshole so think whatever you want, ecoboost Bullitts are cool.
So glad youā€™re not an elitist asshole.

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
Right, so youā€™ve decided to go full asshole so think whatever you want, ecoboost Bullitts are cool.
So glad youā€™re not an elitist asshole.
itā€™s all relative man. and itā€™s not your car so why do you care?

You also have a gt500 replica hood so maybe people in glass houses shouldnā€™t throw stones.

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I held off on commenting during all of this discussion. Sure, it is his car and he can decorate it however he wants to. My feelings are, what does john q public think as they see that "Bullitt" buzz by, obviously a 4 banger. Don't get me wrong, I drove a nice turbo 4cyl 1986 SVO Mustang for many years. Nothing against 4cylinders. But that Ain't a Bullitt. Bullitt isnt just a stripes and scoops package. Does that help the brand or our investments? Probably not. The Bullitt badges are definitely a nope. That IS wrong. Lets keep it all peaceful, people.
Oh yeah, please refer to it from now on as the "EcoBullitt".

Last edited:

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
itā€™s all relative man. and itā€™s not your car so why do you care?

You also have a gt500 replica hood so maybe people in glass houses shouldnā€™t throw stones.
I donā€™t care, I was saying that your reaction was way over the top. People disagreeing with this guys ecoboost doesnā€™t make them elitist dicks, and it isnā€™t sad. Itā€™s a difference of opinion. You acted like everyone was attacking the guy and most people either said it was good but not their style, or they liked it.

A GT500 replica hood to cool a super charger is night and day different than this guys car.

As far as people in glass houses, maybe you should be less of a dick before you call other people dicks. Also, if you look at my original comment way before your nonsense I said I liked that he was passionate about his car, so againā€¦
Sponsored

Last edited: