Sponsored

Wow, They Really Do Not Want to Talk About COVID-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'll give an example of Trump "not doing anything"

He stopped travel from China and other infected Countries. The left and media called him racist and told people to "head to China town" and party.

While Trump was protecting our Country the left was trying to convict him of crimes that never happened.

Cuomo wanted more hospital beds, Trump sent a Navy hospital ship and set up a MASH style hospital in NYC. Neither was used. Instead of sending the sick elderly to these hospitals, Cuomo sent them to nursing homes which caused many deaths.

I firmly believe if Trump cured cancer the left and media would stage protests begging for cancer to come back. They would also claim Trump killed a billion dollar a year industry.

But yep, Trump is evil. (rolls eyes)
Sponsored

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
So is the op saying the president should be single minded on Covid like the democratic congress has been single minded since 2016 in trying to remove President Trump for office?

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So almost 3,500,000 cases, and 138,000 dead and buried. Texas, especially Houston, Florida, Arizona, and California in crisis. Hospitals reaching capacities, testing still not available in needed quantities, PPE supplies running out in some areas. States either slowing reopening plans or starting to close again. Even after the May improvement unemployment stands at 11.1% (and that’s before the spikes). I can go on and on.

This country is in disaster mode and it’s only July. We now have to deal with the upcoming school situation and the fall flu season.

And the best the two of you can do is go back to a fallback issue that, at this point, is totally ridiculous. How about we put the past in the past and deal with the issue that are killing our country.

Yes, I’m single minded. COVID-19 is real, it’s here, and it’s cannot be wished away. Bet this mans family would agree with me.

https://www.fox23.com/news/trending...nding-covid-party/MEPGLM5JUZDW7MY4PW6E5V7QIU/

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
So almost 3,500,000 cases, and 138,000 dead and buried. Texas, especially Houston, Florida, Arizona, and California in crisis. Hospitals reaching capacities, testing still not available in needed quantities, PPE supplies running out in some areas. States either slowing reopening plans or starting to close again. Even after the May improvement unemployment stands at 11.1% (and that’s before the spikes). I can go on and on.

This country is in disaster mode and it’s only July. We now have to deal with the upcoming school situation and the fall flu season.

And the best the two of you can do is go back to a fallback issue that, at this point, is totally ridiculous. How about we put the past in the past and deal with the issue that are killing our country.

Yes, I’m single minded. COVID-19 is real, it’s here, and it’s cannot be wished away. Bet this mans family would agree with me.

https://www.fox23.com/news/trending...nding-covid-party/MEPGLM5JUZDW7MY4PW6E5V7QIU/
Yes, COVID is serious. But, for some of us, including the POTUS, there is more in life than just COVID. It will probably be with us for awhile, so either let it control every aspect of your life or move on. Personally, I'm moving on with or without COVID.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
When H1N1 hit, Obama stopped testing and counting. Said it a pandemic, deal with it.

If Dem was in office this Covid would not be in the news.

99.9% of the people who get this virus survive, move on.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Yes, COVID is serious. But, for some of us, including the POTUS, there is more in life than just COVID. It will probably be with us for awhile, so either let it control every aspect of your life or move on. Personally, I'm moving on with or without COVID.
You say that now. That’s exactly what the man in that article said. Right up until he died.

And exactly what is more important to the leader of our country than the health of its people? This is a national disaster, where is the federal government’s plan to deal with it?

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
When H1N1 hit, Obama stopped testing and counting. Said it a pandemic, deal with it.

If Dem was in office this Covid would not be in the news.

99.9% of the people who get this virus survive, move on.
Once again you live in the past because you cannot deal with the present. Who gives a shit about H1N1? Stop with Obama, it’s ancient history. So is the Democrat/Republican BS. There are any number of Republicans that would have dealt with this catastrophe better than Trump.

And, if course you have the survival rates wrong, again. But it’s about so much more than that.

So please, be safe in your little corner of Kentucky while the rest of the country is falling apart.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
And what the hell is this all about? What’s next, bypassing the Supreme Court and sending all cases directly to the White House? What the hell is this man afraid of. Rhetorical question, we all know the answer to this one.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...pitals-not-send-covid-19-data-cdc/5441730002/
So COVID cases went to the Supreme Court before the CDC. I didn’t know what.
I believe you are wrong cases don’t go to the Supreme Court first, and I didn’t see the Supreme Court mentioned any where in that article.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
So COVID cases went to the Supreme Court before the CDC. I didn’t know what.
I believe you are wrong cases don’t go to the Supreme Court first, and I didn’t see the Supreme Court mentioned any where in that article.
Hi Gary, it was just an analogy. The only reason for cutting out the single most important healthcare agency designated for contagious diseases is to fix the numbers. The White House is so desperate to show a decrease in the COVID-19 numbers that it is willing to bypass the CDC. If the WH can get away with this then why bother with either the congress or the judiciary? Let’s just let the WH decide everything?

Oh, yeah, right, we are not a dictatorship. Damn, well that’s not doing to work.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I trust the numbers, yep. Like that lab in Fl that gave 100% positive results.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
"Of the more than 450 facilities with zero negative results, only 81 reported more than ten total tests.

In fact, the vast majority reported only a single test.

With the state reporting 3.3 million tests statewide, the lab and hospital we spoke with both agreed, even as they go back to clear up the reporting errors, they find it unlikely it will make any significant change to the overall positivity rate."

https://www.wcjb.com/2020/07/15/questions-remain-over-labs-reporting-100-percent-positive-cases/

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...ital-disputes-100-positive-report/5445139002/

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
"Of the more than 450 facilities with zero negative results, only 81 reported more than ten total tests.

In fact, the vast majority reported only a single test.

With the state reporting 3.3 million tests statewide, the lab and hospital we spoke with both agreed, even as they go back to clear up the reporting errors, they find it unlikely it will make any significant change to the overall positivity rate."

https://www.wcjb.com/2020/07/15/questions-remain-over-labs-reporting-100-percent-positive-cases/

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...ital-disputes-100-positive-report/5445139002/
It's more than just the testing, its the test itself. People are still waiting days for a result. There are still areas were the tests aren't even available. Forget the one day test, they are few and far between. The President and his government walked away from the one thing that would help us determine the severity of the virus. Why? Votes. More tests = more confirmed cases. More confirmed cases = more shutdowns = poorer economy. You can figure out the rest for yourselves. At some point they will be held accountable for this disaster.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Fact ........ infections are going up (being found via testing) that's a good thing.
Fact 2 the death rate is declining, and if it were not you would hear those numbers. Turn off the TV and think for yourself .
Your first 'fact' is true - whether this is a good thing is open to question ! The explosion of cases risks overwhelming healthcare - see below
Your second 'fact' is not true. The death rate may be changing slightly as evidenced from other countries, but this may just be that treatment is becoming more effective. Deaths lag infection by 3 or 4 weeks so recent rapid increases in rates will not reflect in the death figures for a few weeks yet.

When health services become overwhelmed death rates rise as treatment options become 'rationalised'.
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/14/texas-hospitals-coronavirus/
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.