Sponsored

Wow, They Really Do Not Want to Talk About COVID-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
When H1N1 hit, Obama stopped testing and counting. Said it a pandemic, deal with it.

If Dem was in office this Covid would not be in the news.

99.9% of the people who get this virus survive, move on.
With a simple google search, you can find its not accurate your statement. Actually it was Trump that start claiming that Obama "stopped" testing.

The mortality rate as for right now, and according to experts, is between 3% and 5%. It will vary depending on the age group and other factors. Now mortality for the regular flu is 1% BUT what doctors and experts are analyzing/discovering are the long-term effects of the virus.
Sponsored

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
they are really trying hard to change the topic
Because his party is not moving against him for all the illegal actions he is taking doesn't make it legal. I am supprised that he has not proclaimed himself King for life yet!

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Larr12,

Actually a simple google search proves my statement.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/04/joe-biden-contain-h1n1-virus-232992
Did you actually read this article?

Brennan pointed out that the Spanish flu — the deadliest pandemic in U.S. history — was an H1N1 strain. “It made their eyebrows go up,” Brennan says now, recalling Biden’s reaction in particular.

“‘Listen, we need to be aggressive early on this,’” Biden announced, according to Brennan.

Over the course of a year, the H1N1 flu infected 60 million Americans, but claimed only 12,469 lives, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Klain now says his comments, which were made at a biosecurity summit, referred solely to the administration’s difficulties in producing enough of an H1N1 vaccine to meet public demand. The Obama team, he says, quickly adapted to the situation, making choices that were starkly different from those the Trump administration would make 11 years later, such as quickly distributing emergency equipment from the federal stockpile, deferring to public health experts and having them take the lead on messaging.

The CDC quickly began trying to replicate the virus in a way that would lead to a vaccine — a process that was far more advanced for flu than coronaviruses. On April 25, just a few days after Brennan gave his Oval Office briefing to Obama and Biden, the World Health Organization declared a public health emergency. A day later, Obama did the same, triggering a release of supplies from the national stockpile, including antiviral drugs, personal protective equipment and respirators. On April 28, two days after Obama declared the emergency, the FDA approved an H1N1 test.

“I can assure you that we will be vigilant in monitoring the progress of this flu,” Obama said, “and I will make every judgment based on the best science available.”
Obama, seeking to learn from his predecessors’ experiences, invited members of the Ford administration to visit the White House and discuss their own fateful dance with the swine flu in 1976, when a variant of H1N1 broke out on a U.S. military base and President Gerald Ford ordered a nationwide vaccination program.

Obama faced a deceptively difficult struggle with Congress. Few in the House or Senate understood the dangers of pandemics. Democratic leaders, having finished a massive stimulus two months earlier, were setting their sights on priorities like health care reform and reducing carbon emissions. Republicans, meanwhile, were massing in opposition to the administration’s spending plans, feeling bruised by what they saw as Obama’s attempt to cram unrelated Democratic priorities into the stimulus bill, which was supposed to provide a short-term jolt to the economy.

And on, and on, and on. Also keep in mind that the new Obama administration was trying to deal with the worst economic situation since the 1929 crash. Trump was dealing with a great ecomomy.

Was the Obama response perfect? Hardly. Was the Trump administrations response a total failure? Absolutely!!

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Wow, that was a quick response.

I'm starting to believe you are part of a boiler room and are paid by George Soros.

This so called pandemic, would not be half as bad if the Governors in the North East hadn't forced nursing homes to take in infected people. That is where about 50% of the total deaths have come from.

But that is Trump's fault? Not even in the least.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thank you.

I'm starting to believe you are part of a boiler room and are paid by George Soros.
I'm starting to believe you are part of a boiler room and are paid by Donald Trump

This so called pandemic, would not be half as bad if the Governors in the North East hadn't forced nursing homes to take in infected people. That is where about 50% of the total deaths have come from.
Any chance of you discussing anything pertinent to day, this week this month? Everyone know what happened back in February and March.

Beside you really do not know what you are talking about.

NY 32270
NJ 15730
Maine 118
Vermont 56
New Hampshire 405
Rhode Island 1001
Connecticut 4410
Total 53990

Total Deaths in the US 147000

% of deaths in the entire NE 36.7%

And these deaths occurs at the beginning of the pandemic. Take a look at these states now. They opened when it was safe and there is virtually 0% growth now.

Yes, it is his fault. 100%, maybe not. He is the president. This pandemic is a national disaster. The fault lies at the foot of his desk. You want to give him credit for the good. Then he accepts blame for the bad. That's the way it goes.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Q twilight zone music.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

Pandemic - (of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.
an outbreak of a pandemic disease.

COVID19 in only 5* months
cases - 3,938,094
Death - 142,553

Influenza 2018-2019
cases - 35.5 million
Deaths - 34,200

Its ok to watch fox news ( i watch it when i want to see some comedy) but the key to expand intelligence is on the use of knowledge resources.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Except the death count is not accurate. That was admitted to by many.

So if we counted the flu deaths the same way, those numbers would be up there too.

Example

Die of a blood clot to the brain, tests positive for flu, gets recorded as death by flu.

I don't watch Fox news.

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Except the death count is not accurate. That was admitted to by many.

So if we counted the flu deaths the same way, those numbers would be up there too.

Example

Die of a blood clot to the brain, tests positive for flu, gets recorded as death by flu.

I don't watch Fox news.
lol. You just said it. Its called primary and secondary cause of death.

But you know what....be safe out there and dont take any unnecessary risks.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
So you just agreed with me. Covid death reporting is nothing more than fear-mongering.

Putting a mask on is like using a window screen as the air filter on your mustang and expecting it to stop sand and dust.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
So you just agreed with me. Covid death reporting is nothing more than fear-mongering.

Putting a mask on is like using a window screen as the air filter on your mustang and expecting it to stop sand and dust.
Drivel

Not fear mongering. Deaths will be higher than reported in fact. Excess deaths above normal are what you need to look at as I have explained before. In the UK about 2/3 of the excess deaths are confirmed related to COVID and this is a pattern repeated in many other countries including the US. People died from COVID related illness without being tested, especially early on. Excess deaths are now down to pretty much zero in the UK demonstrating reasonable control currently.

Wearing a mask is PROVEN to reduce spread, primarily from people shedding the virus. It has some protective effect to the wearer catching the virus but is mainly to reduce shedding and spread from infected people. As we know people spread the virus well before showing clinical signs, if they ever become symptomatic. The majority of people testing positive DO NOT have clinical signs but ARE shedding virus - this is how it spreads so efficiently.

The most dangerous spread is between unprotected young people not demonstrating social distancing and behaving irresponsibly - who then unwittingly take it home to elderly family members. This is PROVEN to happen.

Please STOP spouting rubbish about it not being a pandemic, all a hoax, fictitious death rates and fear mongering.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
I'm not going to throw my hat in this pissing match, but as ex military, keep in mind, not everything you read and see, especially in the main stream news is fact. In fact, very little is as of late. It's called disinformation, and its for a reason. Never let a good crisis go to waste ..

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I'm not going to throw my hat in this pissing match, but as ex military, keep in mind, not everything you read and see, especially in the main stream news is fact. In fact, very little is as of late. It's called disinformation, and its for a reason. Never let a good crisis go to waste ..
How many covid crisis funerals have you attended in the last 98 days where taps was played?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.