New Holley Intakes

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
Blue line was November FBO on E"70", didn't have the ported 2018 &TB on that. Previous car was 472 with that on too.

Today, after tuning + Comp Cams NSR/supporting valvetrain upgrades, new 300-912 Holley Short ram, stock Buillitt TB. Bam.

cams and Holley vs FBO E70 2022 Mustang GT.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
MKL_DS

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Sure pulled up top. Any idea why so bumpy up there?

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
The squiggles up top were proven to be drivetrain related, suspension bounces and what not at up to 186mph. We tuned mostly in 6th gear which was way smoother. Here's almost the same tune, maybe a few hp down in spec in 6th gear compared to that final run in 7th. All SAE, no tomfoolery with the weather station. This is the high/2000hp dynojet version.. shop owner and my own comparison to other dynojet indicates this version is 5hp stingy.

6th gear vs 7th gear.JPG

Last edited:

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
Sure pulled up top. Any idea why so bumpy up there?
Yup basically 40-50hp at top and extended power fairly flat to almost 8200rpm. I'm not sure what was limiting, I believe I had parameters uncapped to at least 8300rpm. With 8100rpm shifts, after the first few shifts at WOT, you're not really below about 7000rpm. So solid +40 rwhp down the strip, more or less.

Power peak goes from 6900 to 7800rpm

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
For comparison, user 'Kristang''s Gen3, Comp Cams with CJ and twinblade throttle body. mine is the Holley with untouched 87mm bullit TB. I have electric water pump. Kristang's #s are STD so subtract about 10 to compare to my SAE #s.

There's also a Comp cams/CJ from a year or so ago in the Dyno results thread sticky. Just cracked 500, maybe actually 503 or so with comp cams and CJ. But STD.

Holley and Bullitt TB +15 peak hp SAE. Mark G. claimed same as ported CJ. Seems about right if my build is ahead of the comp cams and CJ unported.

Kris PP1.png

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Even if it matches the CJ it is about 1/3rd the total cost. I think this will be a great manifold for high boost applications.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Blue line was November FBO on E"70", didn't have the ported 2018 &TB on that. Previous car was 472 with that on too.

Today, after tuning + Comp Cams NSR/supporting valvetrain upgrades, new 300-912 Holley Short ram, stock Buillitt TB. Bam.

cams and Holley vs FBO E70 2022 Mustang GT.JPG
Would be great to see a direct comparison, the holley vs anything really. Hopefully more info will be available soon.

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
@deanm11
What is your thoughts of trying a larger TB such as the ZR1 95mm or a Soler or Katech 100-105 TB ?
I don't know much about those specifically but I want to ! The stock Bullitt is ok but there's got to be some pickup with a bit more TB flow. The stock Bullitt (87mm) has a huge step in it. Bret Barber ports them and claims large but also admits it's really hard to tune. With the Bullitt as is, you have Ford's parameters to just cut and paste.

The snout opening is quoted at 93mm. Might be room for milling a few more mm like to 95mm or more if you get rid of that o-ring groove. My kit didn't have an o-ring for that groove so I'm installed just aluminum to aluminum.

IMG-2185.jpg

After getting time analyze my tuning logs, I think there's good chance there's more in tuning as is. I had tried to test richer mixtures for some reason was still hitting 0.86 lamda at top anyway. I also see I wasn't testing in one direction for intake cams up to 5500 because I was commanding past a limit.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I don't know much about those specifically but I want to ! The stock Bullitt is ok but there's got to be some pickup with a bit more TB flow. The stock Bullitt (87mm) has a huge step in it. Bret Barber ports them and claims large but also admits it's really hard to tune. With the Bullitt as is, you have Ford's parameters to just cut and paste.

The snout opening is quoted at 93mm. Might be room for milling a few more mm like to 95mm or more if you get rid of that o-ring groove. My kit didn't have an o-ring for that groove so I'm installed just aluminum to aluminum.

IMG-2185.jpg

After getting time analyze my tuning logs, I think there's good chance there's more in tuning as is. I had tried to test richer mixtures for some reason was still hitting 0.86 lamda at top anyway. I also see I wasn't testing in one direction for intake cams up to 5500 because I was commanding past a limit.
You should talk to Mike Soler.
He’d probably suggest porting out that O-Ring and going to a gasketed TB, depending how large of a TB you want to go with.

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
You should talk to Mike Soler.
He’d probably suggest porting out that O-Ring and going to a gasketed TB, depending how large of a TB you want to go with.
I've been trying to message Mike about getting ported throttle bodies and haven't heard anything back, unfortunately. Trying to do a custom-ported boss with as big of a throttle body as possible.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any idea what the weight differences are between the Holley low-rise and the CJ? I can't find a weight for the Holley. I imagine it is significant in regard to "its heavier" but I'm not expecting anything extreme.

Also, anyone use one of these?
Sponsored