Sponsored

New FORD, multiple models --> 10R80 recall...........?!??!!?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I have 2 vehicles with the ten speed. no issues other than my wife drives one most of the time and the learning part gets lost when I drive it. As I use her fob. And I'm guessing it learnt her driving style and mine isn't the same. but other than that. no issues. Admittedly, one only has 21000 miles on it and the other not even 3500 yet. but so far so good. These are light years ahead of the 4 speed in the last truck we had.
I think the issue with the 10 speed that many folks tend to have is that it hunts for gears for the best efficiency and feels strange when driving. A month ago my buddy's 2018 10 speed mustang's transmission went and he dumped the car as he didn't want to put in a new transmission as his car was out of warranty. I suspect that with age these transmissions will get a bit funky over time. Its a shame that this might be the case even though it is undeniably impressive that a V8 engine can get up to the mid 20's in gas mileage when driven conservatively.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Read the article, problem caused by assembly workers dropping a bolt in the transmission. Drop a bolt in the beloved six speed and see what a good transmission will do. Lol
Read the whole article? 🤣 I'm just gonna go by the headline, and forum posts.

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I never run up over 2k rpm until trans is hot. On a cold day I use Sport mode, easy power and paddle shift to stay below 2k.

Never have tire chirp on down shifts, trans rev-matches are very quick, but smooth.

I think the ‘hunting’ for correct gear is somewhat a function of power control. Only time I ever have slight hunting is if I push hard through 3 or 4 gears, cut power and just tip back in. There is a very slight hesitation to next shift. If I just reduce power, there is no hesitation. Trans shifts to next gear.
Don’t know any one with a10 in a Chevy, so I have no idea if trans has problems.
Regarding mpg, on two recent 1k mile trips I got 26.5 mpg, measured at the pump, not the happy meter. Most was interstate. Amazing to me, best milage was around 80 mph at 2k rpm.
Car is 2018, with 18k miles.
Hope I am one of the many out there that don’t have problems.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Horst can you read? I said nothing about heal/toe the six speed. Keep your ghay chit to your self. Now you are back on ignore. Lol
Nah brah.. I mentioned manual. You mentioned some automatic that's only good at one thing.

Sponsored

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Read the whole article? 🤣 I'm just gonna go by the headline, and forum posts.
[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a plan to be well informed.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Nah brah.. I mentioned manual. You mentioned some automatic that's only good at one thing.
After your pic above, I'd say autos are pretty good at drag racing :p

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I have. I test drove them and I have a friend that has one. The Camaro is just a better performance car in the same level trim all the way around. But it’s ugly and visibility is a dealbreaker.
Unfortunately the fuel economy sucks, but then again, you can't really compare a 6.2L to 5.0L in fuel economy; just not fair.

Sponsored

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have 2 vehicles with the ten speed. no issues other than my wife drives one most of the time and the learning part gets lost when I drive it. As I use her fob. And I'm guessing it learnt her driving style and mine isn't the same. but other than that. no issues. Admittedly, one only has 21000 miles on it and the other not even 3500 yet. but so far so good. These are light years ahead of the 4 speed in the last truck we had.
So the car recognizes key fobs and transmission adapts to driving style based on what key fob is in vehicle?

fb1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang coupe GT/auto PP1
damn dude, sorry to hear..... So not cool! I haven't had any issues as of yet.. Maybe because ROUSH retuned the trans w the blower. I dunno... It does have the herky jerky shifts that can snap your neck though. I also always get a slight studder/vibration in steering wheel in 7th gear usually 50-60mph.. I will bring to dealer before warranty runs out to get checked out.
Anthony
your " studder/vibration in the steering wheel is interesting, I get a similar experience between 35-40 mph.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
your " studder/vibration in the steering wheel is interesting, I get a similar experience between 35-40 mph.
What gear are you in the time? Take notice... Its 7th gear for me 50ish... It doesnt happen in any other gear or speed. Only in 7th gear @ 50-60mph....

Thanks Anthony

fb1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang coupe GT/auto PP1
What gear are you in the time? Take notice... Its 7th gear for me 50ish... It doesnt happen in any other gear or speed. Only in 7th gear @ 50-60mph....

Thanks Anthony
my "studder" seems to be speed specific, the 35-40MPH range. But generally when I accelerate slowly in town traffic the transmission is in 7th gear when issue occurs. However, the same thing still happens in "S" mode while in a lower gear. My issue occurs during both "slow" acceleration and deacceleration in that speed (35-40 MPH) range and is more noticeable when the the drivetrain is cold.
Sponsored