Sponsored

New FORD, multiple models --> 10R80 recall...........?!??!!?

Stock it to me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franco
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang EB Atlas Blue
Picked up my first Ford & first Mustang on 02/16, saw this in a Ford Authority email on 02/17…. we’ll see… only 27 affected… 😳 my Blend Date was 12/20….

CEAC26C0-387D-4AE1-BCEE-F5D62B9222C1.jpeg
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
A very small number of affected vehicles, but that really sucks balls for those who are affected. One of those recalls that's going to take forever to get completed. Wonder if they're just going to give you a new unit? Or pay a tech to take apart the existing one and look for the bolt? Lol

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
A very small number of affected vehicles, but that really sucks balls for those who are affected. One of those recalls that's going to take forever to get completed. Wonder if they're just going to give you a new unit? Or pay a tech to take apart the existing one and look for the bolt? Lol
Nope just looked at shop manual. Take transmission out and shake. If no noise is heard reinstall transmission.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I have. I test drove them and I have a friend that has one. The Camaro is just a better performance car in the same level trim all the way around. But it’s ugly and visibility is a dealbreaker.
yeah, sucks to admit as a ford fanboy, but the camaro is, in every aspect, a better performance car. It is not however, a better street car. In some respects, it even looks better (more aggressive).

However, I drive a tremec Mach 1 HP, and it is better than the Camaro in every respect.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I have 2 vehicles with the ten speed. no issues other than my wife drives one most of the time and the learning part gets lost when I drive it. As I use her fob. And I'm guessing it learnt her driving style and mine isn't the same. but other than that. no issues. Admittedly, one only has 21000 miles on it and the other not even 3500 yet. but so far so good. These are light years ahead of the 4 speed in the last truck we had.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
yeah, sucks to admit as a ford fanboy, but the camaro is, in every aspect, a better performance car. It is not however, a better street car. In some respects, it even looks better (more aggressive).

However, I drive a tremec Mach 1 HP, and it is better than the Camaro in every respect.
I want an Camaro SS2 engine and ten speed to put in my g body. Sadly the Camaro is odd looking. I wish they kept the 4 door holden chevy SS and put the LT4 with ten speed in it. If they had, it be sitting in my driveway. I drove the last year model if that car was a manual I'd have bought it, but it was the auto as that one lets that car down. but the ten speed and lt4 would have been a riot.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Picked up my first Ford & first Mustang on 02/16, saw this in a Ford Authority email on 02/17…. we’ll see… only 27 affected… 😳 my Blend Date was 12/20….

CEAC26C0-387D-4AE1-BCEE-F5D62B9222C1.jpeg
Damn:( Mine was built the week of December 12:( Does anyone know how long of a job is it to replace a transmission?
Also, is there a way to check if my vehicle is one of the 27 prior to FORD sending out a letter on 2/27?

Last edited:

Stock it to me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franco
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang EB Atlas Blue
Sounds like calling the local dealer and they can look in OASIS to see if your VIN is one of the lucky numbers… as I read it….

Sponsored

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Guys,

I did a search on the NHTSA site and found this 6 page document.
They have a chronology outline of how it happened.
Also, they state that the notification to dealers is expected to occur on 2/13/23. Mailing of owner notification letters is expected to begin 2/27 and be completed by 3/3.
See below for the PDF dated 2/17/23
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RCLRPT-23V070-2642.PDF

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Love me some A10. Good shifts, keeps little coyote on the torque curve much better than the extra pedal cars. Not to forget 1/2 quicker quarter mile.
Love how it down shifts when you ‘blip’ throttle once approaching a turn and it rev-matches gear down until you find the gear wanted to make turn and power out. I know that is not always the fastest way to make a turn, but sure is fun.
A 900 unit recall on all the A10s out there is not a lot to worry about.
If I do that in my 2019 it sometimes locks the rear tires briefly upon downshift if I'm in Sport+. You can hear the tires bark... Never in standard. Been that way on 2 A10 Mustangs for me. Not every time mind you and mostly before the transmission is fully warmed up.

My 19 is smooth as butter otherwise. Much better than my 18 which had some weird 3-4 shift lurching.
Sponsored