Sponsored

New FORD, multiple models --> 10R80 recall...........?!??!!?

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Worst transmission Ford has ever made hands down. I have been complaining about this damn thing since I got this car. I have had nothing but problems so far. I mean, I don't have any of those issues form the article... but still.

See my signature below :crackup:

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Worst transmission Ford has ever made hands down. I have been complaining about this damn thing since I got this car. I have had nothing but problems so far. I mean, I don't have any of those issues form the article... but still.

damn dude, sorry to hear..... So not cool! I haven't had any issues as of yet.. Maybe because ROUSH retuned the trans w the blower. I dunno... It does have the herky jerky shifts that can snap your neck though. I also always get a slight studder/vibration in steering wheel in 7th gear usually 50-60mph.. I will bring to dealer before warranty runs out to get checked out.
Anthony

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
It has been a fantastic transmission for me. Predictable and smooth.
Go drive the 10L in the camaro.. you'll change yer tune about the 10R right quick.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Well, yeah, I have the MT-82 everyone seems to hate, but mine is fine.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1

Worst transmission that Ford has ever made is the DCT in the Focus and Fiesta. It is not even close. I have the 10 speed in Mustang and it is way better than the 6 speed it replaced.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Looks like the recall has nothing to do with performance. Loose bolt that needs the be tightened up or maybe it doesn't go into park correct... or something like that.

Sponsored

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Love me some A10. Good shifts, keeps little coyote on the torque curve much better than the extra pedal cars. Not to forget 1/2 quicker quarter mile.
Love how it down shifts when you ‘blip’ throttle once approaching a turn and it rev-matches gear down until you find the gear wanted to make turn and power out. I know that is not always the fastest way to make a turn, but sure is fun.
A 900 unit recall on all the A10s out there is not a lot to worry about.

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Read the article, problem caused by assembly workers dropping a bolt in the transmission. Drop a bolt in the beloved six speed and see what a good transmission will do. Lol

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Auto guys braggin about rev match lol. You think us manual peeps don't know how ?
Heal/toe bro. Racing.
Unless you mean like coming to a stop sign/light.. well that's just ghay.

320531481_1260177154712070_7077489104697484215_n.jpg

Last edited:

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Go drive the 10L in the camaro.. you'll change yer tune about the 10R right quick.
I have. I test drove them and I have a friend that has one. The Camaro is just a better performance car in the same level trim all the way around. But it’s ugly and visibility is a dealbreaker.

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey Horst can you read? I said nothing about heal/toe the six speed. Keep your ghay chit to your self. Now you are back on ignore. Lol
Sponsored