Never Normal Mode

JK XLR8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JK
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Roushcharged
Why would you deal with something that doesn't feel right? Maybe there is an issue that can be resolved. I'm guessing you haven't reached out to Roush yet.
Have an appt with the dealer Feb 1st, I'll update after what they think.

Certainly worth a try.
I will give that a shot.
Sponsored

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
I just wish I could revert the steering back to normal or comfort even, with the throttle sensitivity going to Sport mode.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I just wish I could revert the steering back to normal or comfort even, with the throttle sensitivity going to Sport mode.
Why can't you? I switch between Normal, Sport and Track and my steering setting remains in Comfort the whole time. I thought steering settings were could be controlled independently?

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Why can't you? I switch between Normal, Sport and Track and my steering setting remains in Comfort the whole time. I thought steering settings were could be controlled independently?
With my 2015, I could. With my 2019, it says it can't.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
With my 2015, I could. With my 2019, it says it can't.
So when you go into S with the shifter (or Sport with the button) it changes your steering setting? What happens if after you do that you hit the button to go back to Comfort steering? Does it bump you out of Sport back to Normal?

Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
MyMode on my 19’. Drive mode = Sport, Steering = Normal, Active Exhaust = Track.
now i have to go check but im pretty sure this is how mine works. '19 GT premium PP1. ive put it in sport via shifter or sport plus via the toggle and then specifically changed the steering toggle just to see what it would do. from what i recall, it stayed in sport/sport + and also allowed me to change the steering setting.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Yes, there's dedicated steering toggle that allows to change it in any mode (21MY). The 2 things that are hardcoded to the modes are throttle maps and magneride in a sense that I cannot mix Track throttle with Sport magneride setting. Oh, and TC setting isn't saved in MyMode, it's always back on after car restart.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'd be interested in a test sometime with a passenger in my car whose 10spd is badly shifting - I'm pretty sure that at least half the time I'm driving in Normal mode, most people not watching the dash or hearing the rev change wouldn't even know the thing shifted, because it's so smooth. Makes me wonder how much difference there is from car to car.

I find it nice for puttering around with traffic, not having it rev out all the time. Plus, any time I need to downshift, I just pull the left paddle a few times and drop a few gears and go.

But yes, the other modes are great when you're on an open road really want to unwind, and/or want manual shifting.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
It says "steering mode not available", or something like that, and doesn't change it.
You cant change the steering mode if you have magneride
1642063448455.png

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the toggle switch only allows change when in 'normal' (although I haven't tried it in the winter mode) :like:

WD :like:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Normal mode goes through 10 gears by 45 mph and they aren't linear. So, it's going to be hard to predict unless you drive with an egg shell under the gas pedal.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
I can't be the only person here who finds Normal Mode in the A10 5.0 absolutely awful. I never drive in normal as I find it an insult to the Coyote. It might not bother me so much if it was called Conservation Mode and wasn't the default setting but it really is pathetic. Sport and Track mode are where the magic happens. The way the auto roars through the gears and rifles through rev matches before making a hard turn are what makes me smile. Even when driving in mellow situations normal mode feels bogged down, too quiet and just plain boring, Hell I might as well be driving a Ford Fairmont.
There is iron in your words of Normal Mode for all Coyote to see, and so there is iron in your words of Sport and Track Mode. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of MIDLYFE carries the same iron of Normal, Sport, and Track. It is good that drivers such as we meet in the struggle Modes. It shall be Sport and Track.🤠🐎

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Up

There is iron in your words of Normal Mode for all Coyote to see, and so there is iron in your words of Sport and Track Mode. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of MIDLYFE carries the same iron of Normal, Sport, and Track. It is good that drivers such as we meet in the struggle Modes. It shall be Sport and Track.🤠🐎
I think someone scrambled your keyboard mapping. Or you've been into Grandma's tomato sauce before it was fully cooked...
Sponsored