Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I've watched a few of your videos (I may have even subbed, don't remember), I would love to check out your car if I ever run into you since its a small state :D
That would be fun, yeah only three people have driven my car with the exception of the quick lube guy I no longer go too, my mechanic buddy, my paint guy (who subsequently is the only person to get a speeding ticket in it. =) ) and my wife who curbed it two weeks of ownership and caused me to replace two rims and 4 tires and a bunch of suspension. =( All good now hehe.

Its a fun and very misleading car.

There is always cars and coffee etc... shoot me a pm sometime.
Sponsored

stevejon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black mustang ecoboost
Don’t even have a 2nd thought about this OP. I was kidding myself when I said ill be fine with a V6 because I don’t need a v8, at the time I was fine with it because a V6 Mustang would still be the fastest car I ever had.

Fast forward a few months later and I was trying to trade it in for a GT, failed and I think I may be stuck with my car for a long time.

If you get the EB and a GT pulls up next to you, you’re going to feel humiliation. If get the EB and someone asks you what engine it is, you’re going to feel humiliation. When you go on forums or on youtube comments, you’re going to feel humiliation.

It seems like you have the money for a GT, get it… I’m trying to save you from humiliation.
funny that, my friend has a GT which i drove ,than drove a ecoboost demo and bought one,dont care what GT owners think and dont give a shit if a GT pulls up beside me its like being jealous of someone who has a bigger house than you.So what!!!

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Hey Kronos,

How about something completely unique?

Buy a base model V6 and swap out the 3.7L with a 2017 twin-turbo, high-output 3.5L Raptor EcoBoost, rumored at 450+ HP.

Let’s see;

GT premium PP = $40,540 MSRP
V6 base = $24,645 MSRP
$40,540 - $24,645 = $15,895 in the budget for the crate engine swap.

The standard 3.5L EcoBoost crate motor is under $10K, but what’s the Raptor $$$ adder ???
As someone else said you need to compare it to a Base GT, which only leaves you $8k to work with.

Comparing it with a GT PP, you're missing out on the Brembo's & better suspension.

That said, I would love to see someone do something like that.

$15,895 savings
- $14,400 Aluminunator XS engine - 500+ hp
- $1,495 to install it

Break even with a GT PP, but you still need to do some suspension work, which most people do anyway and just scrap the OEM parts.

+ sell your "old" brand new engine and use the money for suspension parts. New they cost like $8k.. see used ones selling for $2k

Or 3.5L EcoBoost for $10k.... 420 lbs torque! https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...rmance-parts&gclid=CPm0rquPwc8CFYWCaQodS24HsQ

Last edited:

Sponsored

watchdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp premium
I have owned both and the eb pp led me to serious buyers remorse. Gt pp all the way for me. Choose carefully trade in on eb pp is not good. Ask me how I know.....

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
One thing nobody has brought up yet is you need to decide which class you want to run autocross in. If you're going to mod and change a lot of things (lowering springs, sways, suspension bushings, wheels etc) you won't be in street class anymore.

I wanted to run in street class, because I didn't want my car to be (more of) a money pit that I was constantly upgrading to stay competitive. The GT PP has a much firmer suspension than stock, and IIRC, it is much improved over the EB PP also. The GT PP also has power everywhere - it does not choke out at a lower RPM, so I can get in 2nd gear, and pretty much stay there the entire course.

The biggest downsides (to me) of the GT PP is the staggered wheels, which keep you from rotating them, and the summer only tires. I bought a separate set of daily driver wheels with A/S tires to fix that.

I had a 15 V6, and honestly I felt much smoother autocrossing it than I do my GT PP... Of course, I had that car a lot longer, and I've only got 5000 miles on this one.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Get the GT. If money is a problem, go GT base... the base model GT has the same brakes as the EB PP.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
One of the things I LOVE about Mustangs (and Camaros, Corvettes and Challengers for that matter) is the V8 exhaust sound.

From the moment I start my car, every pull though the gears. Even down shifting coming up to a stop light....it's all music to the ears. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

The 4-cylinder turbo, while has decent 'daily driver' power, just can't compare to the 5.0 in terms of sound....which is a HUGE part of the essential character of a mustang (at least to me).

Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
u made right choice

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
One of the things I LOVE about Mustangs (and Camaros, Corvettes and Challengers for that matter) is the V8 exhaust sound.

From the moment I start my car, every pull though the gears. Even down shifting coming up to a stop light....it's all music to the ears. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

The 4-cylinder turbo, while has decent 'daily driver' power, just can't compare to the 5.0 in terms of sound....which is a HUGE part of the essential character of a mustang (at least to me).
Except that the 5.0 sounds like basically nothing. It emits a nice little growl right when the engine starts, but when you're actually driving around it sounds like nothing at all. You can hear the light switch rattling over the exhaust note.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's

I agree 100%.

It may seem stupid but the sound is one of the biggest reasons why I want a GT Lol.. sure the extra power is great, but man.. the sound that coyote makes is unparalleled.. I don't care how fast the GT is or how fast you can make an EB with mods.. it's about the overall experience and the sound is a huge part of that experience.. at least to me.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Except that the 5.0 sounds like basically nothing. It emits a nice little growl right when the engine starts, but when you're actually driving around it sounds like nothing at all. You can hear the light switch rattling over the exhaust note.
Says the guy with a stock exhaust.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You made a great choice kronos! You'll love it!!
The 5.0L has proven to be a very durable engine.

You'll need to modify the exhaust to get the full audible experience...but modifying is part of the fun of owning a Mustang.
Sponsored