zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I hate to sound stupid but can you explain data logging to me. I have an idea of what i think it is but still not sure.
Also can you make some more exhaust sound clips :-)
More sound clips are coming soon! Basically a datalog is a snapshot of what is happening in the engine during a recorded time. It is pulling sensor data from parameters you set and it logs their values on a graph. This allows the tuner to be able to see just what the engine is doingand any trends and allows them to adjust the tune based on that data.
Sponsored

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Zack ive got a question for you (but ill also ask my tuner)

Did you remove your TB spacer after the tune or before? assuming you tuned it with the TB in place, would removing it make any difference in the way the tunes behave, to the point of requiring a new revision?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Zack ive got a question for you (but ill also ask my tuner)

Did you remove your TB spacer after the tune or before? assuming you tuned it with the TB in place, would removing it make any difference in the way the tunes behave, to the point of requiring a new revision?
I removed the TB spacer before the tune in an attempt to cure the hesitation. When Torrie tuned the car the TB spacer was not re-installed. My hunch would be that I would require a revised tune if I re-installed the spacer but for a car with the stock catback (minus mufflers) and cats it would not.

Matador91

Benchmark Auto Salon
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I'm really curios to see how much quicker your car is with all your current mods.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Yes Zach me too

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Ok so first 0-60 run after Torrie's 93 tune!

[ame]

Keep in mind that my best time before was 5.5s but was achieved in 40 degree weather. Other differences between the runs are less then half a tank for the previous best verses a full take on this run as well as sport mode for the first verses drive for this run. I wanted to show off Torrie's normal drive mode shifting. With all of this in mind, if I were to do a exact copy of the previous best I would estimate my 0-60 time would be around 5.2-5.3. More to come!

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
That is still a really good time. Stock gears and tires?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So here I am... Changing sh*t again... I seriously cannot stop modding this exhaust...

Anyways back to the topic! I am going to be replacing the socket collectors that I used originally with better/higher quality ones to hopefully fix the exhaust leaks around the ball joint collectors once and for all (my gaskets worked for awhile but they developed more leaks since installation). In the process of doing this I am going to try something a little different. Where the cats would normally go on the mid pipe I am going to install 2 dynomax mini race bullets. While I am at it I think I am going to be removing the 2 magnalfow 10415 round mufflers. The attempt here is to get a louder sound without it being rasp city.

I would also like to change the tips to 4" rolled edge tips to further amplify/deepen the sound. That will likely come later though. I hope to get the leaks fixed and this new setup made in a few weeks so stay tuned!

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So guys I am also going to try something with the OEM exhaust. When I go to fix my exhaust leaks I am going to modify the OEM mid pipe to connect to the long tube headers. From here I am going to reconnect the OEM catback. I am curious to hear how it sounds with the OEM suitcase.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
The stock suitcase goes back on tomorrow! We shall see how she sounds with a muffler delete. If it is to raspy I have the magnaflow 10415's to add on!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So it is all done.... Getting a video tonight. I will say this, it is LOUD! The setup I have right now is a muffler delete with just the suitcase and dynomax mini bullets. The suitcase and bullets do a great job of taking out any rasp. If there is one thing I have learned here it would be to never remove the center suitcase. It provides a very unique sound that our 3.7 needs. I have to say it is the single best thing that has happened to the 3.7 for the 15 MY.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
And here it is... Low RPM and idle sounds good. High rpm not so much... This consists of the stock mid section adapted to work with the LT headers. There are 2 dynomax mini bullets where the cats would be to help tame some of the rasp. The current axleback is a muffler delete with 3.5" tips. As you can hear, there is no rasp but it is just way to loud for me. The next revison (this weekend) will consist of adding two magnaflow 10415 mufflers to help tame the volume some.

**Use Headphones**

[ame]

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
That's a lot of effort for no power gains, same 0-60 and a sound you don't really like. Should of stayed with your original setup. I feel you though, I also love to mess up a good thing.
Sponsored