My Custom Catback Exhaust: LT Headers

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So I figured I would go ahead and get the new thread started for my LT header exhaust! As the title reads, I will be doing a full header back exhaust leaving nothing of the OEM system behind. The system will be a catless system as well!

Just like MAP did with their catless DP I will be using "o2 defoulers" or J pipes to space out the rear o2 sensors. This design will hopefully help me avoid CEL's without needing a tune to deactivate them. Full specs of the system are as follows.

2.25" pipe diameter
Stainless steel custom mid pipe with o2 defoulers
Magnaflow 11385 resonated x-pipe
2 Magnaflow 10415 round mufflers (same as used in competition exhaust)
3.5" stainless steel double walled tips

Pictures!
IMG_1184.JPG
IMG_1190.JPG
IMG_1191.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

V6_Mustang_2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang v6 3.55 diff
So I figured I would go ahead and get the new thread started for my LT header exhaust! As the title reads, I will be doing a full header back exhaust leaving nothing of the OEM system behind. The system will be a catless system as well!

Just like MAP did with their catless DP I will be using "o2 defoulers" or J pipes to space out the rear o2 sensors. This design will hopefully help me avoid CEL's without needing a tune to deactivate them. Full specs of the system are as follows.

2.25" pipe diameter
Stainless steel custom mid pipe with o2 defoulers
Magnaflow 11385 resonated x-pipe
2 Magnaflow 10415 round mufflers (same as used in competition exhaust)
3.5" stainless steel double walled tips

Pictures!
When will you have them on and upload a video Im also going to buy some lt headers but spent money on the trip to the american muscle event instead. Excited to hear them.

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
I have been thinking of doing something similar. I was going to change out my shorty headers for long tubes but I plan on going single turbo in the near future, and from what I've read single turbo systems can be hooked up to shorty headers but not long tubes so I changed my mind. I'll be going from my shorties into catted test pipes (removing oem cats), into a y-pipe (2-2.25 inch inlets to a 3 inch outlet) and running a single 3 inch pipe into a straight through perforated resonator and then into a 3 inch inlet/outlet round muffler. I'll be able to stay with the same exhaust and headers by just removing the y pipe when I go turbo (single turbo systems become single exhaust). It's easier to tune the sound of the exhaust to your liking with only one outlet.

V6_Mustang_2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been thinking of doing something similar. I was going to change out my shorty headers for long tubes but I plan on going single turbo in the near future, and from what I've read single turbo systems can be hooked up to shorty headers but not long tubes so I changed my mind. I'll be going from my shorties into catted test pipes (removing oem cats), into a y-pipe (2-2.25 inch inlets to a 3 inch outlet) and running a single 3 inch pipe into a straight through perforated resonator and then into a 3 inch inlet/outlet round muffler. I'll be able to stay with the same exhaust and headers by just removing the y pipe when I go turbo (single turbo systems become single exhaust). It's easier to tune the sound of the exhaust to your liking with only one outlet.
Why would you ever go single exhaust that makes no sense tuning and what not and they are more than likely not going to be able to use either headers unless it a sc kit turbo require new mani, and I dont see them releasing either kit for this car for a long time,

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
When will you have them on and upload a video Im also going to buy some lt headers but spent money on the trip to the american muscle event instead. Excited to hear them.
The plan is to have them on by next weekend as that is my first full free weekend this month. That all depends though on if I can get my contact to bend my pipes and receive the magnaflow mufflers by Friday. That should be possible but you never no with shipped packages any more... And don't worry! There will certainly be videos of the system!

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I can see what you are talking about here. Personally I can't stand the sight of a single outlet exhaust on a mustang but as I said its all about personal preference! You could use your single 3" inlet/outlet in the same general location as the OEM resonator and then split it into duals to maintain the look and still get your tuning capability. Plus the added pipe length behind the muffler should help out with rasp. Just a suggestion! When might you be trying this new exhaust out?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Vibrant performance J pipe o2 Defoulers
IMG_1195.JPG

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Thanks for choosing our X-pipe and mufflers! Give us a PM or a call our Tech Help line (800-824-8664) if you have any questions about it or trouble installing.

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would you ever go single exhaust that makes no sense tuning and what not and they are more than likely not going to be able to use either headers unless it a sc kit turbo require new mani, and I dont see them releasing either kit for this car for a long time,
Maybe you should check out your info before spouting nonsense. Single turbo kits keep the stock manifolds and join both exits into one for the turbo. Shorty headers can be maintained instead of the stock exhaust manifolds but not long tube headers. Inline 6s and V6s sound way better coming out of a single 3 inch round muffler then with duals.

V6_Mustang_2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you should check out your info before spouting nonsense. Single turbo kits keep the stock manifolds and join both exits into one for the turbo. Shorty headers can be maintained instead of the stock exhaust manifolds but not long tube headers. Inline 6s and V6s sound way better coming out of a single 3 inch round muffler then with duals.

It wasn't nonsense I have done a lot of turbo set up's non that you used an after market header without modification unless it came with the external wastegate or the bottom matched to the turbo but why the hell would you want your turbo near the ground, and don't become so butt hurt about me not liking your ricey single outlet, go home troll.

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Guys can we please get back to the original topic?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for choosing our X-pipe and mufflers! Give us a PM or a call our Tech Help line (800-824-8664) if you have any questions about it or trouble installing.
Thanks!! I was very interested with your resonated x pipe once I decided to go catless then I found the round mufflers! I am hoping for a nice deep note and decent volume without destroying peoples eardrums... We shall see how it all turns out!

V6_Mustang_2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks!! I was very interested with your resonated x pipe once I decided to go catless then I found the round mufflers! I am hoping for a nice deep note and decent volume without destroying peoples eardrums... We shall see how it all turns out!

Im just like put it on I want to hear lol :headbonk:

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It wasn't nonsense I have done a lot of turbo set up's non that you used an after market header without modification unless it came with the external wastegate or the bottom matched to the turbo but why the hell would you want your turbo near the ground, and don't become so butt hurt about me not liking your ricey single outlet, go home troll.
Really?

Pre made kits have pipes that match up to the stock exhaust manifolds. Shorty headers will match the stock oem exhaust manifolds. You can't use any long tube headers, the pipes won't line up or be long enough. I never said anything about the turbo being near the ground. I might of come on too strong but ricey setup? That hurts. And troll? Ouch.

shadowsong6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 mustang v6
Why not go with a 2.5 pipe? 2.25 is the stock size isn't it?
Sponsored